ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GDI

almaghrbi

ClioSport Trader
  172 Cup

My Car has been with GDI for the past two days and they have done awesome Job. Decat, Inlet mainfold and Mapped again for my liking (sacrifice HP for torque).

Maxiumu HP is now 212 but the torque is awesome. I am pulling an acceleration g of 0.55 with extra weight in the car (about 40KG more) compared to 0.51 before. That works about 10 -12 lb/ft inrease and I am very happy.

Thanks Andy and Ben for great job.

almaghrbi

ClioSport Trader
  172 Cup

Quote: Originally posted by CupCake on 16 June 2005

Awesome. Shame you cant put it the test!

I will be on the track competing this Saturday and will take the car with me to UAE. It is definitely the car to beat in its class!

Lee

BMW M2C

Im sure Ive read it somewhere on here, but what do you enter it in? Is it sprints?

Ive got a mate who runs a Westfield in Sprints, names Dave Greenwood. He commented a while back that the 172 Cup cleans up in its class.

almaghrbi

ClioSport Trader
  172 Cup

Quote: Originally posted by Lee on 16 June 2005

Im sure Ive read it somewhere on here, but what do you enter it in? Is it sprints? I compete in Sprints, Modified Road going class

Ive got a mate who runs a Westfield in Sprints, names Dave Greenwood. He commented a while back that the 172 Cup cleans up in its class. It is not that easy as there are ex touring cars with more power to compete against, but yeah it is very close and competitive

Your car amazing I have to say.

Have you not had any trouble with the injectors yet as there limits supposed to be about 208hp?

Glad to see your not selling the car though in the end good to see a car like this being driven by someone who knows how to drive.

almaghrbi

ClioSport Trader
  172 Cup

Quote: Originally posted by edde on 16 June 2005

Your car amazing I have to say.

Have you not had any trouble with the injectors yet as there limits supposed to be about 208hp? Oh, Andy has also replaced the injectors to the next size

Glad to see your not selling the car though in the end good to see a car like this being driven by someone who knows how to drive. Thank you :oops: I struggled big time with the idea of losing it after all I have done.

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z

I was there whilst they were working on your car Yasser, looks v impressive! Do you have to retain the rear seats for the class you compete in as the cage kinda makes them redundant lol

almaghrbi

ClioSport Trader
  172 Cup

Quote: Originally posted by Gary G on 16 June 2005

I was there whilst they were working on your car Yasser, looks v impressive! Do you have to retain the rear seats for the class you compete in as the cage kinda makes them redundant lol

Yes the interior has to be standard but you can only replace the front seats with competition ones.

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z

Ah right that makes sense then.

PS. Mmmmmmm at the Leda coilovers lol. New race battery was cool as well, might have to get one of those myself.... looked to be a good weight saving!

Glad i was able to make further improvements on the manifold, and apologies for not being able to do as much as planned in the short space of time.

Lovely lovey car, a man after my own heart with the chassis setup. ;)

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

Yasser, got to say mate your a pleasure to deal with....

the chassis set up is mad, not for the fait hearted at all...

best of luck in UAE, go kick ass your car mate.

Andy
GDI