ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

gipsy crashes into my Williams and drives off

CLIO V6 255
happend a week ago but only just got pics up on pc.
driving torward a roundabout doing about 30mph, next thing i kno a big green merc hits me hard from behing, i went spinning and hit a lamp post on the other side of road, and i hit a car when i bounced back of the lamp post. Then the green merc drives off.

about 30 seconds before the crash this the merc estate pulled up beside at the lights with about 4 gipsy kids that looked about 16 maybe 17. they then started talking to me saying nice car and all that about the willliams.

The williams was a write off and i only had it for about 2months.
i was only third party so lost everything and i paid £3500 for it as it was a mint condition one.

the crash was on cctv as it was in newbury town centre, but the police are saying because it was night time, the camera didnt pick up the number plate.

the whole thing piss me
and i really didnt want to see another williams in scrap yards because
most are written off, and now its hard to find a good well looked after one.
pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/44259358@N00/

lifes a b**ch!

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
oh wtf, thats really bad news mate :( feel really bad for you considering how smart it looks in the photos.

a good advertisement for Fully Comp insurance mind you.

/carl

BB TUNED 182 (220BHP)
Bloody hell bet your well and truly gutted i had the same sort of thing happen to me years ago in my j plate valver it was A1 condition too.

hope you didnt get the gypsy "curse" put on you...

they are above the law...i wouldnt even bother to chase the accident up tbh..

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
oh wtf, thats really bad news mate :( feel really bad for you considering how smart it looks in the photos.

/carl

NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :cry: :banghead:

I spent sooooo much cash/time getting that thing minter than mint!!!!!!!

I Feel sick............

Lionel. So sorry brother. You must be gutted.

CLIO V6 255

/carl

NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :cry: :banghead:

I spent sooooo much cash/time getting that thing minter than mint!!!!!!!

I Feel sick............

Lionel. So sorry brother. You must be gutted.

loved that williams it was un real, soooooooo gutted

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Gutted for you mate! It looked real mint as well. Hope you're ok though.

A really crap situation to be in but just remember its only metal at the end of the day and lucky they didn't smash into you when you were both travelling faster as it could have been a lot worse! Hope those scum get what they deserve!

Last edited by a moderator:
  e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Not good :( ... atleast your all okay though mate, looks like it took a fair beating, surely you could still get a few £££ for parts? This is why i had to go fully comp.. gutted for ya

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I have just emailed the guy who painted the car, the guy who sold me the car and my business partner. :(

Genuinely genuinely gutted. I think you can safely say that car was THE BEST Willy's around. Totally mint throughout.

Lionel, if you were sat in my house, i would put the kettle on and hug you.

Alfa Romeo 145 QV
There is an organisation you can apply to when you are hit by an uninsured driver.
I have no idea what its called but a google search should uncover it.
My friends sister was hit by an uninsured Albanian lorry driver, and was forced to unfairly claim from her own insurance but she was able to claim back the excess through this organisation.
I know these are different circumstances but it may be of use to you?

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Shame.

What are you going to do now, buy another one or get something else?

I would deffinatley buy it back off the insurance company and break it yourself as those wheels and interior will go for a nice amount if it is in as good condition as made out.

Monaco Ph2 172
Shame.

What are you going to do now, buy another one or get something else?

I would deffinatley buy it back off the insurance company and break it yourself as those wheels and interior will go for a nice amount if it is in as good condition as made out.

If the claim against uninsured drivers doesn't come off, then the OP will have to break it themselves... :(

...those wheels do look nice though! ;)

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
fukin pikey, skankey, inbreaded mother fuking dik heads, they should all die!

s**t what has happened but they propbably had no insurance themsleves if they are the way you describe them and to be fair if you are going to spend 3.5K on a car that you obviously liked alot you should have shelled out for fully comp.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry didn't realise he was only 3rd party. A couple of insured drivers have hit me in the past which is why I now always go fully comp - and that on the Williams is quite dear but I have learnt my lesson.

You can still claim of that central department for compensation which covers unisured drivers which I think is what someone else mentioned previously but I doubt you will get anywhere near 3.5k. Was the difference between third pary and fully comp alot? As if it were I suppose you may not have actually lost that much as the difference in premium covers plus your excess minus what you would have been repaid which tbh i think would be around 2.5k may not have actually been that much on a lower valued car. Justifying it like that may make me feel better.

RS 172
People should be allowed to hunt gypsies. I know it sounds a bit 'Adolf', but I cant see a problem with it. I could probably shoot at a gypsy without thinking twice, scum. Feel for you mate.

Black Gold with cup packs
Try to claim off victim of crime support! Rare as rocking horse s**t you get anything, but you never know, you might get lucky! they could have been trying to do a job on you but messed it up? you never know!
One of many reasons why I keep a baseball bat in my car! I know of a few people who have had their cars nicked by pikeys in a similar fashion!

Peddled device
b****cks!!!!!

It looks bad...are you sure its unrepairable? Guess it would cost way too much to put back on the road...and the engines been pumped! :(

Snatch with DIY mods.
Thats sickening! If they were do as you likies then no way they were insured. tough one to swallow. BUT fight one pikey then you fight them all.

hitler was a nutter tis true. But the bit about exterminating all gypsies in his final solution.

Well you just would wouldnt you;)

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
man i feel sick for you............. remember when it went up for sale. wish i had found the funds for it now. was only going to sit it in the garage.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
fukin pikey, skankey, inbreaded mother fuking dik heads, they should all die!

+1

his mum died does that count?
brad_pitt_shirtless.jpg

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Absolute shitter. It's a tale of caution though, if you can't afford fully-comp, you can't afford the car. Gutted for you chap, doubt you'll get anything out of it.