ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

good cheap headunit with pop out screen?

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
any ideas? i dnt midn if it is a 2nd hand 1 frm ebay, that way ill get a better one anyway with a lower price. whats suggestions have you got?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Halfords have one branded as Ripspeed but apparently they are rebadged Pioneers without the removable face, heard a couple of mates talking about wanting one but yet to have a playwith one so no sure if its any good but may be worth checking out

hope this helps

Mk2 Golf GTI
Yeah not worth the risk.

What about the JVC KD-AVX2? I know the screen's small but it's a really nice headunit and i found it perfectly adequate for watching films when i demo'd it. Just like having a video ipod.

http://www.jvcmobile.co.uk/product.php?pr=84

They'll run you around £350 quid.

Only reason i didn't buy one is the fact that i'd never actually watch film/video in my car as i only really use it to go to work and training so it would be a waste for me.

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
^^ are they actually bigger then a standrd HU? it looks higher?

2 b honest i want 1 with the big pop out screen but still HU size

Mk2 Golf GTI
The face is slightly bigger but not by that much. The actually body still fits into a standard DIN slot.

Defo worth checking out though, i preferred it over the Ripspeed one mentioned. But yeah, screen is a lot smaller than a popout

2001 Ph1 172
i sell loads of the ripseed 1s at work! bagin price the only down side is the facia isue!!

www.renparts.co.uk
the new rispeed one has ipod cable included.... if you have an ipod video the videos will be displayed on the H/U screen and also has touch screen and looks a little bit better than the old one.. its 499 and the old one is 399 from frauds.