ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Good price? 2002 172 Sport

Vento TDI
Someone at work selling:

For Sale - Silver Renault Clio 172 Sport, 2002 Reg. Excellent condition - just been MOT'd (no work required). 58k miles, taxed, half suede interior, electrics, rain sensitive wipers, auto lights, Remote locking etc etc. Fast car but economical too. Need to sell so priced at £2995

Wondering if this is a bargain that I shouldnt miss?

So it's a 2002 172, 58k, 12 months MOT, in excellent condition for £2995?

I'd say it was well priced to be honest. Not stupid cheap though, have seen a few for low to mid £3k's lately.

Knock him down to £2800 and buy it lol.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
good buy if it is in excellent condition as stated, don't forget to check whether the cambelt has been done though!

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Sounds like a good buy if belts have been done. If not get him down to 2750.

Monaco RS Clio 172
if it's tip top then go for it who said that is well priced? seems dirt cheap!!! ph1 price territory a few months ago when I was searching for mine?!?!

common faults? just give it a good look over. check everything thoroughly. check all the engine parts oil etc are all good condition.

check clutch for slipping

ask about cambelt and aux belt cannot be forgotten either as is just as bad as the cambelt if it goes on these

check ALL the electrics are tip top try them at least 5 times each because renaults have a bad reputation for this and my previous renault electrics used to work "sometimes" so check and recheck things like climate control check the electric mirrors check the key locks the doors without the remot being used check the vin plates

make sure there are no nasty or weird noises . check engine mounts

ph2 172
sounds a bargain to me,same as mine near enough, 52 plate with 59 thou, 12mths mot, 3,500 i paid. about 3 weeks ago, i thought that was a good price. do it!!

Vento TDI
Found out the Cambelt hasn't been done as the owners don't think its due till 70k!!

Quick google showed 70k or 5 years, which ever came soonest so it was obviously due in 2007!

TTRS & V50
Found out the Cambelt hasn't been done as the owners don't think its due till 70k!!

Quick google showed 70k or 5 years, which ever came soonest so it was obviously due in 2007!

Still worth every penny.

Extra 500 quid spent, and your sorted.

A4 Avant
If belts were done and it really is mint, then I'd say £4.2k ish. As they aren't I'd think £3.7 ish would be a good price. If they really do want £2995 then I'd rip their arm off if it really is that tidy!

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
If you want a cheap deal go for it! if your buying to sell on i would give it a miss, theres so many on ebay/piston heads that there spoilt for choice

2002 172 monaco blue
think that is a good price, how much would changing the cambelt set you back???

wiley