ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GP out - Exige in

Suzuki Jimny
I do love a exige very much, I'm with Danfreemanphoto with the rear wing, the original looks by far the best in my opinion.

I recently sold my clio for this, loving it so far just not a patch on a exige in the looks department but i still love it!

IMG_0441.jpg

Also saw Gman's car at the 'ring. Stayed in the same hotel!

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Haha tempted...

I may be sensible and go for a Clio 200, think it'll tick the fun/reliable box pretty well, plus I can buy one with cash and have spare money for track days!

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
I'm very tempted by a new GP but they're damn expensive, hmm I've had two mini's now and did all I wanted to the both really I think i'd sooner had something different

S4 Avant
I did wonder what made you think a 200 was reliable!

You've got two options as far as I can see. Something that's balls out insane like a GBS ;) or old TVR, Porsche or noble etc...

Or something less mad and more sensible, Newish S3, R32?

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Jon is selling his Tuscan... but that's just as unreliable and expensive as the Exige was...

Yeah that's true I've read about the gearbox's on 200's, and the seat wear... hmm.

S3 and R32's are both nice, but last time I was on track all I could hear was two S3's understeering wildly behind me!

S4 Avant
Sounds like you want something reliable, fast, good handling and cheap.

But you can only pick three out of those 4 ;)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
What a shame mate! Not sure what to buy next!! Good dilemma.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Oh yes, loan paid off so I'll be £300 a month better off! :) I've had finance on cars for 8 years now hah

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
I was hanging my nose over a Z4M coupe actually, always loved them. I'm knocking about in a 172 at the mo which is good fun actually, been offered it at a good price but its leaking from the crank seal so might buy it and run it through winter and save some pennies up!

LY Clio V6
I'm looking at these and curious what problems you had, reports don't mentioned anything you've stated . . . suggest they're reliable :S

I never had any problems with mine. It's a toyota engine at the end of the day, so not exactly renowned for unreliability. And there's not really a lot on them to go wrong tbh.

All the unreliability came from the Rover engine days ;)

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Ermm alarm went mental, took 3 weeks at a auto electritions to sort that one out.

Doors kept breaking, locking you in or out of the car, this happened 6 times I think, each time a trip back to Stratstone lotus of Leicester who were more than f**king useless.

Cat snapped off on a track day, got it welded it back on but atoll
annoying.

Heaters would only blow hot air and you can't stop it coming out.

Went into limp mode twice, both times mid overtake so cut revs below 6k where's there's no power.

I did 1000 miles in 6 months and wouldn't rather walk about than have to risk using it and breaking, keep the LY vee, I wish I'd have got another instead of the Lotus

Craig.M

ClioSport Club Member
  Valver, Octavia vRS
Looks nice, but judging from you have said, very unreliable. shame really, really liked them as well

Ermm alarm went mental, took 3 weeks at a auto electritions to sort that one out.

Doors kept breaking, locking you in or out of the car, this happened 6 times I think, each time a trip back to Stratstone lotus of Leicester who were more than f**king useless.

annoying.

Went into limp mode twice, both times mid overtake so cut revs below 6k where's there's no power.

I did 1000 miles in 6 months and wouldn't rather walk about than have to risk using it and breaking, keep the LY vee, I wish I'd have got another instead of the Lotus

Standard lotus, standard lotus dealers................ Try having a new one and they tell you that's not covered under warranty every time something breaks.

all that is then outweighed every time it does not break ...... and if you think they are bad , try a ferrari LOL

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
The worst thing was my mates Tuscan was far more reliable :(

Suzuki Swift Sport
I had an S2 Elise (K Series too!) - ran it for 6 months as a daily and it never missed a beat (although I was very nervously watching the water temp gauge at all times!). Not a single issue, I suspect you get good and bad examples...

Lotus Exige, 182

annoying.

I've not had any problems like this with mine. However, the heater thing is a known issue I think caused by water sitting in the bottom of the front clam, it's a clam off job to fix but it's do-able.

interesting quotes

my brother has had a Tuscan for 7 years and been faultless, I had a cerbera for the same time and also no real major issues, also had my F430 now for a year and again no problems and the dealer has been awesome!

never had an exige though!