ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GP out - Exige in

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Manager of a car spares shop, also refusing to leave the comfort of mum and dads house :approve:

I'll get some decent ones when its not buried under a foot of snow

Re: GP

Do the heaters work in these? My main reason for not getting a vx220

FLOL please tell me that's not your MAIN reason. If so please don't buy one because next you will be moaning that it leaks, doesn't have TC, the ABS doesn't truly work and that you can hear the wind from inside the car

^ FLOL That shuts me up.

Vent's that point at you! Blimey, do you get a handbag and a tampon with those? ;)

made me giggle lol

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Nice car dude.

Its funny car drivers talk about heaters and comfort etc in a sports car. But suppose I have heated grips on my bike which probably makes me a ponce in the bike scene. Lol

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Cheers everyone :) the heaters are pretty good actually! I have a obsession with having the windows down at all times much to my passengers annoyance so its nice to have good heaters!

Its more luxury than my mates Tuscan, you can actually choose if you want the blowers on window, face or feet on the Exige, his just blow out where ever than fancy and at varied tempertures

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
I do like the GT4 one but theres slots in the middle of the boot lid for the supports of my spoiler so I suppose i'd need the new shape boot too.. Hmm something to think about though!

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Haha actually mines not on the hero tyres... :dapprove: its on falken ze912 but to fair their mint, -7 out and still no bother when out playing the other night

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
I'll see if I can get one tomorrow, its braving the snow to go to Stratstone Lotus, I only have one working door at the moment :dapprove:

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
I planned on leaving it alone but I keep looking at carbon bits and pieces, nothing major though it really doesn't need anything doing, a supercharger would be nice though...

To be fair I brought it broke, the door won't open on the passenger side from either side so I said I'd get it sorted and send the place I got it from the bill instead of it being bodged

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Love it mate really would love to own an Exige one day.

While I was a little kid they was always my dream car lol since moved onto better dream cars mind ;).

Classic mini P 996
Very nice i miss my S2 Exige, Awesome fun. i have a Genuine 2010 Exige spoiler i purchased from Lotus dealer never fitted RRP £185 id sell it for £100 posted if you was interested i never got round to fitting unfortunately i loved the look of the updated spoiler! i was going to paint the fin part satin black and the rest white to match. you need to join SELOC.ORG good forum

My one
10243.jpg

Im actually looking for another one if the right one comes along.

^Sweet! I looked at a white one too, but it was a club racer (which has its own unique colours) sprayed white, so I avoided it.

Not a fan of the wider spoiler, makes the back end look weird to me. Stick with the good old standard one :)

Gman

ClioSport Club Member
  Mt10 Zx6r golf tdi
I do love a exige very much, I'm with Danfreemanphoto with the rear wing, the original looks by far the best in my opinion.

I recently sold my clio for this, loving it so far just not a patch on a exige in the looks department but i still love it!

IMG_0441.jpg

Gman

ClioSport Club Member
  Mt10 Zx6r golf tdi
I was originally looking for an elise, I looked at a load of them, private to traders (a well respected one too) and there is some serious tat out there.

Out of interest i looked at some vx's on pistonheads and this one was local to me, on paper it was very good and as it was local i thought why not, I went to look at it and it was by far the best car i had looked at.
Certainly not regretted going for a VX, just waiting for summer to come around now!!

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
The car hates me, its back at Lotus for another week! Last week it was new door mechanism on the n/s, which lasted two whole days before snapping so its having the same door fixed again and the drivers door doing as that failed on me too.

Oh and a new d/s window as when i'd finally got into the car it refused to lock so I foolishly slammed the door and was greated with a nice big *smash* as my window went everywhere. Grrr.

R34 GT-R & 172 Cup
Ouch, bad luck. On the other hand been looking at these to replace my Nissan S15 with when i get bored of it. Would love the lime green colour one.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Sold! New owner came from Milan and took her away too, such a gorgeous car to see driving away but I really hated it. Constantly broken and I only managed to cover 2k in 6 months!

Not sure what I'm getting next but we'll see :)

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Got to the point where I couldn't be arsed to drive it because something was bound to break! Had much more fun driving my mates 182 round tbh

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Yep haha, I thought it was a scam, all up till the point the money landed in my account

Similar to my experience in the VX.

Lovely when it worked.

Going back to the clio was the best choice ever.

Why have something with epic performance if it's always in the garage, eh!?

Suzuki Jimny
After driving a S version for 3 hours I can understand why you got rid. Excellent fun when hooning it but would be a nightmare to live with.