ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Graham's OCD ph2 DCi sport rep

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Re: DCI 65 pov spec commuter OEM+

Take the pump end off and see if it's striped the pump. If it's got away with that, the injectors might need strip and repair.
Tank drain and fresh diesel with 2 lots of diesel cleaner will sort. It's the bloody kangoo phase I want aswell ! FFsFFs

Clio Storia 1.5dCi

The big problem of allium is the ET :(
But is the most beautiful wheels for Clio...

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa

They arnt that bad. Mine look alright and fit perfect on standar hubs. ( admit that I need spacers due to sport front end )

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d

Looks great on yours Alex, I'm just not sure if it will look quite as good on my car with the older style front end. We'll have to wait and see! Your DCis our weigh mine because they are pimp. Ours are barges!

@ASF48 No worries there because of the 172 running gear. Agree it's the nicest wheel for a ph2.

@HMS Derv Destroyer thanks for the advice mate. Will start to look at it in 4 or so weeks when my exams are done. Pump only 100bar on turnover instead of the 400.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa

It's fucked then lol.

Ive got a load of pumps up here but you'd have to make one good one out of them. They've all warn with Millage/age. No swarf damage tho. No injectors as I just bin then, worth f**k all when recons re cheap enough now

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d

ohh yeah I'm expecting it to be fubar when I open it up. When we tried to start it, before finding out about the petrol, it coughed pretty bad.

Other than pump/ injectors and flushing the hell out of everything else what other damage could I expect. Apparently it was driven for about half an hour like this.

Think I've got a working pump locally for dirt cheap because of a listing error that I took advantage of so we'll have to wait and see! Ren breakers seem to do 4 second hand working injectors for £130 which is nice. Obviously I don't want to go throwing money at this thing if the engine is dead. Unfortunately I don't yet have the expertise to rebuilt one like you chaps.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa

It'll of just killed the fuel system. Engine will be fine.
Only had one traffic van in that was ran on 80%petrol.. Killed the fuel system but engine as fine. Took abit to clear all the smoke out

Tank is the hardest bit to clean out on them, best to drop it off the shell and then flush it out , possibly use a steamer jet washer if you have access to one

Many.

Fuel lines are quite hard to clean if you do them too, which I suggest you do. Pull apart the new pump before fitting it too, make sure thats not fucked.

Depending how much another tank is, I'd be tempted to do that.

I've been through all this with my red one when I bought it, I replaced everything, as I put a new pump and injectors in, didn't want to throw away £800 worth of stuff, Now running a petrol fuel tank.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d

Thanks both.

Glad the engine should be okay.

Tank is about £50

Totting up it'll get a cambelt at £45, diesel pump £80 (£20 if this bargain comes through), used injectors £130 or so, fuel filter £15 and tank £50. about £320.

How would you suggest doing the fuel lines Alex? Was thinking of sticking an airline down them then blocking one end, filling with diesel and leaving for a bit. Flushing it again with the air and going from there.

Unsure if I'd need to do anything with the as sender well. Tank will be an absolute pain to get out if it's above the beam.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa

Shouldn't be hard on a kangoo mate. Loads of room. Took a few out now.
Just get new fuel lines, Adam got me every single fuel line for my dci for around 120£ delivered.

As for the send unit, take the big bowl thing off the bottom and keep submerging in diesel and blowing an airline down the fuel pipe connectors. Make sure the metal filter in it isn't blocked

Many.

I fitted new fuel lines too, but then I didn't want to risk it.

You want it super cheap so cleaning them will probably work, I'd want to give them a proper good flushing, brake cleaner would be a good shout, airline etc.

Devote an entire day the kangoo, and I'll pop down.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d

Ohh I hope it's not too bad with the tank. Bit of a pain on the clio.

As Alex said we're looking to make this as cheap as possible. All in on this for less than £500 or so.

Once I'm all prepped with the parts would be great to have a hand mate.

Yesterday Lauren and I made a 4 hour round trip to pick a couple of bits up. Averages 70mpg which wasn't too bad considering I used cruise the whole way and had every single tool I own in the boot.

First pick up was a DCI 80 intercooler and pipework. Not sure what to do with this. I was going to put it on the red dci but am unsure at the moment so we'll have to see.

85196256-54C5-48C5-875F-42791FB4C5E9_zps3xeoygp2.jpg

Also got some 172 alloys for £80 which I was really chuffed with. Came with 3 tyres around 3mm but as I'm OCD I'll probably get a matching set of part worn p zeros like I had on my old car.

E88205FB-631D-4E76-AD23-F98B7C2D94F8_zpsugve7wzu.jpg

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d

Clearly the 172 alloys don't have tyres on but today I put on on for the sake of getting the right lighting for PS. Still think they're pretty huge for the car. Definitely have a little more poke (7mm) precisely from the rim and sit 17mm closer to the strut.

Thoughts welcome as always!

172alloysedit_zps29c09866.jpg

I'm inclined to keep them as I can see where my project is going but don't think they're quite right on the car yet. Aiming for something like this in the end but not for well over a year (stolen from someone else)

Replicapicture_zps639df54d.jpg

Last edited:

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa

I need a set, my td's looke shite now I've gone full sport rep. 15's look to small with my ride height. It's perfect height for me so I can clear the stupidly big speed bumps round here

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d

Little update.

Cliosport sticker. First person to spot me gets a tenner donated to Shelter, bet I won't be spotted though!

EF484205-07C3-4F06-BA08-5BBA91E066E0_zpsxb9oiq5b.jpg

In the week I got 4 bridgestone turanza er300 with 5mm or more on each for £100. Put them on the wheels and now they're on the car. There is a funny hollow running noise now. Possibly excentuated a ropey wheel bearing on the o/s. The only side which isn't brand new. Don't look too bad though. I'm sure they will grow on me in time :)

Next thing on the list is probably a little colour coding of side strips, handles and wingmirrors. Not sure how much it will be to have all these little bits painted up though.

849ECB83-665A-44C2-BF8D-A4062D578E43_zpsm3uqbrkr.jpg

Many.

If you want spare trims, I have probably everything you want here.

Looks good on the 172's though.

Ph3 bumper while your're colour coding stuff?

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d

I've got handles and mirror caps from my 182 but smooth stips would be amazing!

Thought about the ph3 bumper but as it's going to be a rep one day I'll save the big spraying for the real deal :D

Current celebration is that Lauren's car is fixed. Battery dead, ECU earth ruined, decoder ring (no connection) fault code was keeping red light on. I could jump to heavens I'm so happy. Found out the foglights had been wired up so they weren't ignition controlled so had gradually been deteriorating the battery over months.

Many.

I'll dig them out and I'm sure we'll see each other before long.

Sounds like a good plan!

And thats good about Laurens clio, I didn't think it'd be hard, nothing, but finding a engine rattle is hard on these.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa

graz, you going the cs weekend camping trip? would be good to see you and alex there :)

'the three derv's' :p

Many.

I need to remember about that, somebody needs to PM me the week before.

I'll be there though.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d

Cheers Alex, yeah I'm sure we'll find an excuse to get oily with DCIs soon.

@HMS Derv Destroyer I'll 100% be booking up for it if I don't get this job I'm after in the summer. Would be great to mong out and share diesel love. If I do it's 7 days a week over June and August.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa

lol alex im sure me or scott will remind you.

good lad, most likely i will be turning up with dreadlocks dave , and a load of tools ! LOL

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d

Rather strapped for time at the moment so mods are rather boring. Tonight I took off one of the bullets and gave it a spray. Only one in case it wasn't for me. Pretty poor job but it's something I will likely never take note of.

5238162C-28FC-4E22-88A7-8BB304FFE237_zpsbcd3uc0b.jpg
C819349A-1B34-4639-A04B-F33A2FA94020_zpsry9gja1i.jpg

9FC46206-30E7-4D6E-96DD-A1C3A5E01324_zps7882lian.jpg
DCA750FB-2852-4138-AD32-FEE7025BAC5B_zps5hhoctjf.jpg

Other mod coming soon is a rain sensor windscreen that I'm removing from a car on Monday. My one has got a series of rather large cracks in one corner and I may as well upgrade while I'm there :)

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d

Promise you're car isn't inspiration :eek:

Wouldn't mind having the second best dci rep in the end though!

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d

Finished my exams for a week or so today so got a little bit done to the car as a reward.

Sprayed the other bullet as the other one looked rather nice.

3C5B53EE-B959-44A0-BA78-D89EF143FF15_zpsynmddm0x.jpg

Only when I look at Laurens car do I realise how different it has become with the various bits.

F3B1F10C-E972-487B-85BE-474344EAA124_zpsnyzflscf.jpg

Main mod today was the decat. Bought a spare from ebay to sort out before fitting. Cut a square out with the dremel and smashed out the inners. Swaped the inners with my neighbour for a rather old 5l can of autoglym wax. Had it welded up by Laddingford Engineering. He said he would have had it done quicker if my car was German. Nice and easy to fit, took about 90 minutes.

2B7370A0-FEA6-4884-B4E5-4A4C9A0900EC_zpsom1yvygc.jpg
0A914468-706E-4E75-9F4E-6FF3EE19D941_zpsypwvgbpg.jpg
CE094E25-7B75-422F-9840-364AE2F9B93A_zpsafa7rzzt.jpg
C89FDB6B-1626-476E-B88E-F37FD4A020EF_zps9gsgrrgy.jpg

No exhaust note difference. Can hear the turbo a fair bit more in the car. Spools quicker, revs quicker and the car is definitely quicker, chuffed!

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa

Back box off and then all hell breaks loose! They sound grumpy as feck with a straight through.
Mines slightly annoying on the motorway with a straight pipe and a proper decat pipe tho.

Saying rhat, you have 182carpets , I have no rear seats and standard carpets lol

Many.

Sorry I didn't reply to you buddy, I was busy and forgot :(

Decat looks good though! Same improvments that I noticed. You've heard mine with straight through etc.

I might even decat the 80 I just bought lol.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa

I've got a slight bit of lag now, the all of a sudden boost comes on
BUT probs because I'm an Idiot running a hybrid on a self made map.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d

No worries mate, been in the garage anywho much to the dislike of the grumpy neighbour.

Thought about removing the back box but couldn't deal with the extra noise on the motorway. The wind and road noise is already too much for me! Woman. Do sound good. Alex yours sounds mean, maybe when sport kit is around I'll sort something similar to yours out.

No rear seats would send me loopy. I get stressed even when the parcel shelf is out ha

Was also thinking about decatting the other DCIs but can't have any being on par or better. Lauren thinks hers accelerates to 60 faster still but mine is better at speed! That's new injectors vs decat for you.

edit: lag = extra fun when boost comes. My boost is that of a hair dryer.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa

Ay, adjust the waste gate abit, so it holds the boost abit better before venting off.
made my first engine a lot of fun.

Yes I'm on my third engine now, due a rebuild :p

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Looking good. Nice job on the decat, makes the car so much more responsive!

Thought about removing the back box but couldn't deal with the extra noise on the motorway. The wind and road noise is already too much for me! Woman. Do sound good. Alex yours sounds mean, maybe when sport kit is around I'll sort something similar to yours out.

I do 50 miles a day with my exhaust as a decatted straight through and tbh I don't notice it that much just cruising on the motorway mate. It's loud if you floor it but just cruising there's a faint drone, but if you have music on even a bit it's not really that noticable. Well, either that or I've just got used to it now lol!

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d

Very much enjoying the little whistle from the turbo now.

Gave Claude a thorough external clean yesterday as he hasn't been waxed for 6 months and was in dire need of some attention. Plastics were turning grey and there was a serious amount of tar on the arches. Finally managed to clay the majority of the silicone on the roof which had run when it rained.

3CC7743C-3C4F-4552-B2C5-7D6780E5A633_zpsgbyryid6.jpg

562B3379-C296-4EDD-BBDE-FF7A412CB3C3_zps536nokzv.jpg
CFE4F17E-70FC-4DFB-BEC2-1C6ADB342244_zpssoh1o4vg.jpg

Today Ren and I went to Worthing to remove a rain sensor screen. Bought a cheese wire kit from ebay which was really good and took the screen out rather quickly. Very paranoid the whole way home about cracking it but we survived. Should be getting it fitted this week if I can find someone to do it for cheap enough.

DE6B02E3-656E-424D-B478-C5B4AA811164_zpspv6miuvu.jpg

Many.

Looks very clean, good job. Wanna come do my collection?

Screen is brilliant.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d

I used to enjoy cleaning cars but absolutely loathed putting so much time into mine at the weekend which is depressing!

Screen being fitted tomorrow. Couple of mild concerns. I've gone into the UCH and under read configurations it shows Rain Sensor not active of course. When I've gone to change it it only gives me the option to change arabia speed limit (or something like that) or whether there is variable wipe speed on intermittent. Thoughts on that if possible please. The rain sensor serial line is in place. UCH is N2 but if it displays it's turned off it gives me the impression I should be able to turn it on.

Other update, finally sorted the feed to the sun visors so now it's glamour friendly.

025AF252-43D0-4B4B-914C-817C6A4EABCB_zpsacocaltj.jpg

TonkaTruck

ClioSport Club Member
  28k Trophy - R1200GS

Lovely car bud, been quietly watching the progression along the way. You don't hang about, love it!

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa

You'll need the autowiper stalk to enable it. Or I think intermittent gets over ruled when the rain sensor is plugged it.
whats the autolight function displaying on clip?

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d

@TonkaTruck thanks matey, looks fairly normal to the unsuspecting but it's the detail which I love :) lead time on ideas is rarely longer than a day much to the dismay of my wallet!

@HMS Derv Destroyer haven't got the stalk yet and having had a bit more of a play I'm sure it does need the stalk to get any further. I'm not doing auto lights as I always have my lights on anyway. The rain sensor is just a serial line to the UCH which is easy.

Once the screen is on tomorrow I'll get some Colombo screenshots of clip up

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa

Hmmm, I know the stalk on mine is different to a standard screen stalk.

off
auto
first speed
full spaz out mode.

buT I'm sure it's been mentioned on here, to get rid of auto function, to have a normal set stalk, it has to be disabled in clip.
it might give you the option once it's getting the required signal.

#geektalk