ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Graham's OCD ph2 DCi sport rep

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
the state of that crap coming out the lines LOL

lookd worse than the kangoo up here im fixing, some idiot has put ' red neck ' diesel in which i can only assume has varnish in..... its gone all gel :headno:

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Ohh yes that's what I was going to mention, the colour of the fuel that came out was really varied. There was some blue stuff at first and then diesel coloured stuff and then some other orange looking fuel. Really odd. Would like to think I'll have it running by Monday evening but who knows what I might come up against next with it! took over 25litres out though using the above method. Put air down the red line and the pressure drove it out the green one :)

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Today was mainly a Kangoo day. Will be done by tomorrow lunch if everything goes to plan. Injectors here now. Went to Halfrauds today and got a drill attachment with a polishing pad and some megs ultimate compound. Sampled it on the bonnet and the clio headlight. Seemed to turn out pretty good so I should be able to get ride of all the rubbish sign writing.

420A5863-46A2-48B4-8836-AB032DA4D4AD_zpseraz1mr3.jpg

BFA0F929-6D3A-47F5-9557-374C91CC7B6A_zpsmcevr7cw.jpg
1B82371E-AF07-410A-903F-41717BCFE6D2_zpsognjnurg.jpg
77065801-4721-4454-8E2F-0882D5BE4436_zpszfss5igq.jpg

Bit of advice please @AlexW @HMS Derv Destroyer

I've taken the tank out, emptied it, sprayed the whole inside with brake cleaner and wiped round it with a micro fibre. Done that twice. Brake cleaner and blew out all the fuel lines and sender too. You think that should be okay? Brake cleaner completely evaporated.

This is the colour of the last bit of fuel that came out

7D2DFF57-D368-4253-892D-6FD3237A2250_zps7nrr1ygf.jpg

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Cheers bud, will do. Hate the stupid thing. My father keeps coming out and saying inane things like "I can't see what's wrong with these injectors"

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
LOL he's use to old Di's where you can see theyre fucked. you wont tel on these ( appart from swollen nozzles ) from to high temps.

2 or three flushes will sort it mate. better to go overboard than it shitting itself momments after rebuilding it.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Thanks for the help chaps. Washed out the tank for ages and left it to dry in the sun yesterday. Also had to take apart the fuel sender as there was a huge amount of sediment in the bottom. EGR was also caked up

Put it all back together today and she runs!!! Massive cloud of black smoke at first. Bit lumpy, possibly due to air in the system, needs new glow plugs or it's relearning the ECU adaptives. Only jobs left are to fit the aux belt and polish it up. All in a £500 van which isn't too bad I don't think.

Getting the glue off from the old sign writing is crap job so any product you can recommend it greatly appreciated. Paint brush cleaner doesn't work as quick as I want.

7E9C4720-2ED6-47D8-9077-017F7AA3979C_zps9s7yrzlr.jpg

Read through this, great thread, some really good work.

Cheers matey. Too much work ;)

Many.
Now, rip that 1.5 out and stick a 1*2 engine in ;)

Looks good, and glad its running. I was going to say to you, make sure you clean the sender unit out. Popped it out on my Black one this morning and that was quite covered in gunk.

Not sure what to suggest for sign writing, its a job I hate doing when we sell our work vans.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I'm tempted to do that with my DCI. I'm getting pretty tired of the pathetic levels of power. I'll let you do the 1.9dci and then maybe follow in a few years ;)

The sender was almost muddy. Hope you can get the black sender ring back on, I must have taken an hour to get mine to thread, must have shrank.

I'll let my dad do the sign writing, good retirement project :D

Many.
Remap! You know it makes sense.

Ill have to start offering 1.9 conversion packages lol.

I haven't properly refitted it yet, just sat it in place again. I remember struggling with my flamer one countless times.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Map does make sense. Not before new injectors and pump though, maybe I know someone who will have a nice low mileage set for sale soon. Hint hint wink wink.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Do it on an empty tank without it on the van. That's how I found to do it piss easy.

Fred@btm had to do my Clio one as I fell out with it. He struggled aswell lol. The thread warps with weight. The little rubber ring is a b*****d to keep inplace aswell.

I also am following @AlexW now with the dci 1.9 conversion. We've had a meggy 1.9 come in as part ex.
Going to strip it and see what forged bits I can have :p
Standard paint thinners will have the sticky stuff off peice of piss

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I did have the tank out and empty!! The ring definitely shrunk with age. Seal was also a nightmare.

Need to see some of these 1.9 conversion finished so get my project mind back in swing.

Many.
You'll have to pop up mine once I've made a start/when I make a start (Probs after FCS, not sure which car to take!).

Mine will be done first :p

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
New rings are no better either. Tried that and when I've done new tanks with rings it's still the same. The special tool to lock it does duck all apart from make me angry aswell :eek:

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Your doing it firs to find all the problems first ;)
i want to do mine in a week after you've fitted yours lol

then graham can learn from us both what to do to make it even easier :)

Many.
I remember mine isn't lined up (as in the arrow on the plastic nut doesn't line up with marks on sender/tank), but its tight.

Black Clio seemed to be easier than mine was, but I bet its a bugger to fit properly when I eventually get round to it.

clio dci , ren8
What a laugh , lack of power lol maybe if you started with a 100 bhp dci in the first place you would be having more fun lol ;) petrol ,or paint thinners on the glue residue does the trick .

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I got mine tight enough with a hammer and screwdriver in the end. I gave up trying to get the arrow to line up when the meaty lug snapped.

If I had the 100bhp I wouldn't have been able to go wide track ;) Alex and I both know we should have bought the 80 to start with. If I hadn't had the savage 182 then I wouldn't miss power. Economy still wins over power though :p

Glue? what glue?

clio dci , ren8
spacers sorted the wide track plus the 100 all ready has a rear disc beam , plus I have economy and power its a win win :rasp: as for glue call it what you want sticky sh*T that is left on your van

Many.
Can't fit rear spacers on a dci100 easily. Plus You'd need 35/40mm spacers to get it the same stance as mine on the front.

I'm having the best of every world.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Spacers don't give you the differing caster, camber when turning in, benefits of stiffened but oem damping, bigger brakes yatta yatta, the list goes on ;) They do give you shortened wheel bearing life though :p Of course I am envious of the power though.

clio dci , ren8
The funny thing is as AlexW will find out when he does his 1.9 conversion is that when you get the 1.5 besides the 1.9 engine there is very little difference in size & weight . Why Renault never done a sport version of a dci is beond me even in the clio 3 you still cant have the 2.0 dci engine :( with 197 styling would be a fun car ;)

Many.
The funny thing is as AlexW will find out when he does his 1.9 conversion is that when you get the 1.5 besides the 1.9 engine there is very little difference in size & weight . Why Renault never done a sport version of a dci is beond me even in the clio 3 you still cant have the 2.0 dci engine :( with 197 styling would be a fun car ;)

I expect the 1.9 to be heavier and beefier than the 1.5, I'm not expecting them to weigh the same. Plus the 6speed box certainly weighs more. I'm fully expecting a nose heavy understeering Clio to start with.

I think the reason they never did it would be due to how similar it would be to the 197/200 petrol, Think how the Megane 175 vs the 225, Very similar but the 225 still got more sales.

I would much prefer to put a 2.0 dci in mine, but its a lot more money, and even more work.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Couple of bits done today. Not on my car but Lauren's.

Retrofitted cruise control to hers, fitted silver surround clocks, variable intermittant wipers and some hub caps (finally)

Cruise control works absolutely fine but it's not showing up on the display. AlexW how did you sort this? I haven't got a green light in the bottom right or set--- on the display. Been into clip and changed the instrument panel config to cruise control and done the ecu. Parameters show all the buttons and switches working. It's just the display.

5 hours all in, was happy with that.

C5D5DC2D-6F66-49D1-8EE3-3314F474D81D_zps4qepa04x.jpg
B6E144BE-5BA6-4248-97CE-87EC22ED402B_zpsxtaepffj.jpg
C7E21556-CDD2-4CF7-9017-0ABD3618A903_zpskqmbo1jm.jpg
B9E01499-D099-4A1E-A34B-0ED960ACD432_zpsf3hoxw6l.jpg

Many.
Tidier job than on yours? :p

You need the right way of doing the dials, as its Ph3 (so digi) you need to disconnect battery etc. I'll find time to give you a call and explain it, its quite a pain, and took me a few attempts.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Oh definitely. It also took much less time and went very smoothly. Could very easily make retrofit kits for this which I'm considering. I might redo mine at somepoint just to make it look a little more of an OEM install. Mine looks like a phone junction box compared to this one!

I think I found the problem; believe there are 3 types of clocks for the ph3

There's x65 STD GB BdG which (black surround) only have clock and trip

The ones I bought for this conversion (silver surround, orange revs) x65 GB GAS Sensation, which allow trip computer

And your ones @AlexW (silver surround, blue revs) which are X65 ADAC GB HdG GAS, the hole hog

My clocks in the ph2 are ADAC so I'm going to buy some ADAC ph3 clocks and try from there.

edit: did your green light show up before you got set to show up on the dash? I might chuck some ph3 adac clocks on from another clio just to check first.

Last edited:
  Many.
Its because the clocks aren't programmed, mine was the same. And because you're trying to do it wrong.

Program your clocks and it'll work no problem. Nothing on the dash works until its programmed.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
To perform a configuration dashboard, follow the essential steps below:

1 - Make a multiplex network test and ensure compliance. If the multiplex network is not
compliant (see MR multiplexing). 2 -. Disconnect then reconnect the battery 3 - Connect the diagnostic tool. 4 - Make a "test computers." 5 - Select "Network MUX" and confirm. CAUTION: Do not turn the ignition as indicated and confirm. 6 - Exit the result of MUX network. 7 - Select "Case Interconnection." 8 - Select "Command Mode". 9 - Select "Setup". 10 - Select CF 719 "type dashboard." 11 - Follow the progress of the procedure. 12 - Turn the ignition switch as shown to validate configurations. 13 - Cut and then turn the ignition before the select command CF 719 "type dashboard" to check if the settings have been accepted. 14 - Ensuring the absence of default picture : Here, there is just the small print procedure on a piece of paper and move to a nice little for renault you do the procedure

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
What's the engine brake going to be like on the 1.9 in the Clio I wonder.
120 standard. 130-140 and considerable increase in torque from better FMIC/ exhaust decat and a few other bits.
Remap when all running perfect will take him to 190/200 with a few little mods. Then big silly power comes from bMW injectors and fuel pump with an inline feed pump upgrade + better turbo will take him to arround 250/260.

Most probs forged and head mods after to go thurther. Once Alex has done it , I'm following :) as I CBA to try make a pd engine Clio until I have figures out the short falls. I want a haldex 4wd box aswell

Many.
120 standard. 130-140 and considerable increase in torque from better FMIC/ exhaust decat and a few other bits.
Remap when all running perfect will take him to 190/200 with a few little mods. Then big silly power comes from bMW injectors and fuel pump with an inline feed pump upgrade + better turbo will take him to arround 250/260.

Most probs forged and head mods after to go thurther. Once Alex has done it , I'm following :) as I CBA to try make a pd engine Clio until I have figures out the short falls. I want a haldex 4wd box aswell

I couldn't remember where I saw the engine brake post!

Yeah I'm aiming to build it with more power in mind, Inc using the 6speed. I'll leave it standard a few months, and then get BMW injectors and pump, bigger/hybrid turbo etc sorted, might as well do it properly.

I hope to get started in a couple of weeks.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
No really an update but.

Vans new diesel pump is busted. Need to replace that.

Clio is a little meh at the moment. Had the rear bumper done but....... I'll let everyone else judge that. Got 15" ph3 alloys, top dash, dash display, gear gaiter, wiper, tweeters, colour coded spoiler and parcel shelf as well. Will fit the top dash to Laurens car soon as it's pov spec.

A5999516-6AA5-4EE6-8648-82B4F64D6C1E_zps8m1ozukb.jpg
6D13AD71-3E1B-4FA5-BB12-B1D9DFF8DF1A_zpsq20yputf.jpg
4491B31D-9C7B-424A-B10A-1B480181DEEE_zpshpyosxbq.jpg

Cleaned the EGR, housing and solid pipe today. Didn't have the tools to get the Clic clamp back in place so broke it and now have a boost leak until the new one arrives along with the tool.

Bought a new turbo for £12.50 suffix 002 from an 80 bhp. Will be rebuilding and replacing mine as it's leaky leaky.

Also got used RS mats for £1, I think prefer my old ones so they'll probably go back in.

Humming/bearing, broken cruise squib, top mounts all need sorting asap

Renault Clio DCi 65
Liking that can't wait to see it with the rest of the sport kit on! We're the sun visors hard to wire up? Really tempted to put air con on mine after CC but looks a right mammoth task!