ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Greenlight Insurance Calling all 172 and 182 owners

Ad

MK2 FRS
^^ Yours is not bad mate.
Mine is coming out at £1k+ what more than im paying at moment with privilege and tbh would rather stick with a big insurer if there isnt substanial saving!!

All to do with my one claim which was in the total claim value of 10k!!

Details
2005 182
23yrs old 4NCB
Good postcode
1 claim May05-fault.

Other peoples seem better than tbh

Skoda Fabia vRS
Neil, im currently insured with Adrian Flux, but i would rather be insured with someone else, if i can cancel that is

if its possible could i ring Greenlight and ask to speak to you, to give me a quote, as you seem to know what your talking about and pretty helpful aswell

well looking at other peoples claims, and ncb my quote was quote high. came out at around £950 with 3yrs ncb no points or convictions,1 claim april 03, age 21 and in a dy8 3 postcode(group b i believe)

MKIII 138
norwich unions for me is £58 per month was £50 but i told them about parking on the street this time hehe.

ok lets consider iam a dumb ass. neil are you saying that..

I a 27yr old male with full no claims cant be insured by greenlight because the Cup is too acident prone ?

I tried to get a quote on my modded Cup and it came back saying they couldn't insure a Cup with those mods (exhaust system, seats, cams, head work, chip, inlet work, filter) Seems a bit strange since im 23 with 1 years NCD and no accidents.

Ad

MK2 FRS
i read it that they dont insure cups as 1 in 5 policys has a total loss claim.....

Not saying its right, but not sure you losing much anyway as they weren't that professional and didnt take half my details and would onlu give a rough price!!!

BRUN said:
Neil, im currently insured with Adrian Flux, but i would rather be insured with someone else, if i can cancel that is

if its possible could i ring Greenlight and ask to speak to you, to give me a quote, as you seem to know what your talking about and pretty helpful aswell

Good luck - flux are complete b******s... :rolleyes:

Skoda Fabia vRS
i know, but it was a case of going with them or staying with Liv Vic, and i really didnt want to do that

Ford Mustang 5.0
BRUN said:

Yeah sure you can mate. My contact number is 01277 263030 and just ask to speak to Neil.

Regards
Neil

Ford Mustang 5.0
Neil82cup said:
I tried to get a quote on my modded Cup and it came back saying they couldn't insure a Cup with those mods (exhaust system, seats, cams, head work, chip, inlet work, filter) Seems a bit strange since im 23 with 1 years NCD and no accidents.

Its not the mods its the fact its a Cup model. We do not cover the Cup model at all.

With 1 on 5 we insured being a total loss we are not prepared to continue insuring them at a massive loss.

Had you of had these mods on a normal 172 or a 182 then we could happily provide a quote.

Regards
Neil

Ford Mustang 5.0
adtmits said:
didnt take half my details and would onlu give a rough price!!!

We had someone contact us from Cliosport whos policy wasn't due until next year and just wanted a rough idea....If this was you then we were only doing as you requested by giving a rough indication based on basic information.

If you would like a full quote we can happily take you full details and provide a figure but the quote would only be guarenteed for 30 days.

Best Regards
Neil

Ford Mustang 5.0
adtmits said:
^^ Yours is not bad mate.
Mine is coming out at £1k+ what more than im paying at moment with privilege and tbh would rather stick with a big insurer if there isnt substanial saving!!

All to do with my one claim which was in the total claim value of 10k!!

Details
2005 182
23yrs old 4NCB
Good postcode
1 claim May05-fault.

Other peoples seem better than tbh

With a £10,000 fault claim our insurer would massivly load the premium, without the claim the rate would be much less.

Regards
neil

BMW M3
I am gradually getting used to bad service these days and people just generally not interested in their customers... so, thanks Neil for letting me know that there are still genuine helpful people, willing to take the time and interested in their customers... makes a pleasent change.

Not quite 21 yet but will be soon and will def look into a quote from you. Thanks

Ford Mustang 5.0
Justin182 said:
I am gradually getting used to bad service these days and people just generally not interested in their customers... so, thanks Neil for letting me know that there are still genuine helpful people, willing to take the time and interested in their customers... makes a pleasent change.

Not quite 21 yet but will be soon and will def look into a quote from you. Thanks

No problem mate. I'm glad to help enthusiast drivers like the members of this forum.

When you turn 21 I'll be gald to provide you a quote.

MKIII 138
grr you dont conver the cup, yet norwich union dont identify the difference between a 172 and a 172cup at all they just have 172 and 182 on their system

Ford Mustang 5.0
meggerman said:
grr you dont conver the cup, yet norwich union dont identify the difference between a 172 and a 172cup at all they just have 172 and 182 on their system

The Cup and Non Cup models each have different ABI codes (insurance group codes) so i'd make sure NU are aware of what the cup model is and that they have not based your policy on a standard Clio 172.

Regards
Neil

Ad

MK2 FRS
neil@greenlightinsurance said:
With a £10,000 fault claim our insurer would massivly load the premium, without the claim the rate would be much less.

Regards
neil

Im not into lying to insurers, but how on earth would they know how much the claim was worth??? I understand the principal and thinks its not a bad idea, but most insurers dont even tell you the cost of the claim. Only going off the fact that the repair was 5.8k and 3k for the other persons car.... + compo.

Just strange that it doesnt make any different what the value of the claim is with other people.

You are around privilege's price, just not sure Id be willing to make the jump for only small amount of money.

I did ring up but didnt get opportunity to mention cliosport.

Cheers
Adam

Ford Mustang 5.0
adtmits said:
Im not into lying to insurers, but how on earth would they know how much the claim was worth???

There are two ways in which the insurer would know how much the claims costs were.

Most insurer belong to various databases (MIAFTA, QUE etc...) so the claim costs would appear on there if checked.

Also the claim would be stated on you no claims bonus proof (if it did not show costs then the new insurer would call your old insurer to find out how much they paid out)

Hope this answers your question.

Best Regards
neil

Ad

MK2 FRS
Ok no probs. I like to be honest. just seems that you penalise more than others but thats life when you make a claim. My claim will affect my insurance policy by £90 next year with privilege.

ant

yep.
got a quote of £745 from elephant [34, 2 years ncd].

its due end of november so i'll be in touch soon to see what you can do :)

A well built VW
Yeah thats aright for the 172/182 boys but i had a quote for a 1.4 alize and im 34 and you wanted nearly £300 seems a bit steep to me

The Big Yin said:
Yeah thats aright for the 172/182 boys but i had a quote for a 1.4 alize and im 34 and you wanted nearly £300 seems a bit steep to me

you know what to do then ;)

172.... :)

A well built VW
fUbAr said:
you know what to do then ;)

172.... :)

Love too but the only things stopping me are

1. Mortgage
2. Wife with spending habit
3. A young child
4. running 2 cars on a daily basis
5. Lack of cash
6. I love my alize it been a good car and i wanna keep it

Ford Mustang 5.0
The Big Yin said:

We are not competetive on lower group cars mate, thats why i titled the post specifically for the cars we are offering the best rates for. (172's and 182's)

Regards
Neil

Black/Gold 182
I've got a 182, and BellDirect come in at £422 for me with guaranteed NCB. That's below Greenlight's minimum premium value.

Morale is shop around I guess.

MY10 R35 GTR
Efalump quoted me £1150. That went up to £1300 as soon as I new the car reg number a checked over every detail ie uped the mileage to 12k instaed of 10 to be on save side.

First time round quote from green light £994. and the benefits ie the like for like mods etc and far better.

Neil I'll be on the phone soon. Getting my 182 next sat so need to get the insurance sorted.

Ford Mustang 5.0
We have now managed to source a seperate underwriter for the 172 Cup Models (drivers over 25 for a trial period at present)so we are now able to offer the same discount as we can for the Normal 172, 182's and 182 cups.

As before modifications are no problem even as far as Nitrous etc...

Best Regards
Neil
Greenlight Insurance

Ford Mustang 5.0
Tom1 said:
I rang the other day to get a quote and never got a call back.

PM your number and i'll call you tommorrow at a convinient time and hopefully sort you out a good deal.

Regards
Neil
Greenlight Insurance

We have now managed to source a seperate underwriter for the 172 Cup Models (drivers over 25 for a trial period at present)so we are now able to offer the same discount as we can for the Normal 172, 182's and 182 cups.

As before modifications are no problem even as far as Nitrous etc...

Best Regards
Neil
Greenlight Insurance

Still can't quote me then im 24... bugger.

P.S Beware of me on the road im more likely to crash than a 21 year old driving a 172/182 thats just come from driving a 2CV ;-)

182 Trophy
PM your number and i'll call you tommorrow at a convinient time and hopefully sort you out a good deal.

Regards
Neil
Greenlight Insurance

Too late mate had to get it insured.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Gutted to hear that Greenlight won't cover my missus when she passes. If you could get anywhere near Admiral's quote then I'd happily go with you...