ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Greenlight Insurance Calling all 172 and 182 owners

172 M69 eater
sent a quick quote tonite with a few major mods included to see what the prices are like!! gettin new insurance in feb so will be interesting to see if HIC can be beaten !!

Ford Fiesta
thanks for letting us know, thats great news. Hope it stays as good come my renewal next year, and Ill definately be giving greenlight a call.

Ford Fiesta
neil@greenlightinsurance said:
As long as the current low claim ratio continue these low prices will continue indefinatley.

The underwriters are also reviewing there stats on the V6 model so a reduction could be in the pipeline for them.

I believe the reason for the Surprisingly Low number of claims being reported is primarily down to the fact that you guys are all Enthusiasts who spend thousand on your car. Basically your car to you is a hobby and no doubt your pride and joy...... rather just an A to B runaround like most other normal car drivers condsider their car is.

Keep up the good work guys :)

I agree. And this is exactly what we need a company that takes this into account. Great you have come on to our forums.

Lets get this straight you won't insure me (been driving "performance" cars since 17) or any other driver on a 172 Cup but you will insure some 20 year old on any other RS Clio who's been driving about in a 1.2 for 3 years. That makes so much sense.

BMW E46 330i Touring
I think the point is that research has shown 172 Cup's are the ones most often crashed, and the restricted age is just a fact of insurance, especially with performance cars.

The minute they start making exceptions for particular people with particular circumstances, it just opens a minefield...

Hi Neil,

Probably a silly question but...............I changed my address from my girlfriends parents in Bickley to our address in Lewisham today. Obviously there was a difference in my premium. Could I have got a discount on this if I'd mentioned being a member here?

Thanks,

Mike.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Neil82cup said:
Lets get this straight you won't insure me (been driving "performance" cars since 17) or any other driver on a 172 Cup but you will insure some 20 year old on any other RS Clio who's been driving about in a 1.2 for 3 years. That makes so much sense.

They will insure you, but it will cost more than a full fat 172. Because the other RS cars have been involved in a lot less claims so there is a discount on them. Thats how I read it anyway.

Clio 172 Phase 2
couldn't beat mine either, they were £50 more expensive and £100 more expensive on the excess...i still reckon elephant are the cheapest around if you haven't modified the car.

Neil - top fella - great prices.

will be insuring the Cup with them again in the new year when it is back out for the track season.

/y0z

Ford Mustang 5.0
WeeGad said:
Im already insured by Greenlight and my quote was excellent,so just wonder if my Dynamic would come under the cat of 172 once i have a 172 2.0ltr conversion put into it,turning my Horsepower from 95 up to 172???
Would it sill be a dynamic or re classed as a 172?

As long as the brakes and suspension were upgraded to go with the new engine your car would be rated the same as a factory clio 172.

Ford Mustang 5.0
racing182 said:
Can you not insure 19 year olds?

Also just out if interest do you accept NCD earned on motorbikes like direct line/tesco do?

Sorry as per post our minimum age os 21.

We could not accept motorcycle NCB for a car policy.

Sorry
neil

Ford Mustang 5.0
omar said:
I'll be ringing you in the next few days...

PS What's your max mileage cover?

We can go up to 30000 miles but once you get passed 18,000 miles the premiums do jump up.

Best Regards
neil

R35 GTR
Neil, I am very happy with your prices so far, was wondering if you would do insurance for a decat. Its either that or the expensive sports cat.

Ford Mustang 5.0
Neil82cup said:

Its all done on claims statistics and if a car has a consistent bad accident record (the cup has been bad for the past 2 years with approximatley 1 in 5 making a total loss claim) then the insurer will simply put the premiums through the roof or eventually decline to insure this car all together.

We are a broker and would love to quote everyone on this forum a competetive price and be swamped with new customers but unfortunatley we have to work within our insurers criteria.

We don't insure drivers under 21 so we wouldn't quote a 20 year old on any vehicle.

Ford Mustang 5.0
Dave3141 said:
Neil, I am very happy with your prices so far, was wondering if you would do insurance for a decat. Its either that or the expensive sports cat.

Legally we cannot be seen to condone insuring a vehicle that was made after 1993 if the catalyst has been removed.

A number of our clients declare they have sports/race cats fitted but weather they actually have them on the car or not i couldn't confirm.

Sorry Mate.

Regards
Neil

Ford Mustang 5.0
Neil82cup said:
*read first post again* make that 21 year old driver^^

We as a broker don't insure drivers under 21 on any vehicles....this is just our standard age restriction.

I'm not sure what your question is but if your asking would we quote MR Smith with a clio 182 at £xxx premium and if he wanted a quote for 172 Cup we would have to decline the answer Yes.

Ford Mustang 5.0
acrebo said:
I think the point is that research has shown 172 Cup's are the ones most often crashed, and the restricted age is just a fact of insurance, especially with performance cars.

Exactly Right

MKIII 138
im 27 with full no claims and a 172cup im paying £58 per month with norwich union they have been really helpful and freindly but i know now iam starting to do a few mods i.e induction kit they will probably boost my payments.

if i had bucket seats in my cup how much would you add, what about induction kit ?

172 M69 eater
neil@greenlightinsurance said:
We are not competetive on the lower group models mate. We could probably get a quote for a 172 for only a bit more.

Regards
Neil

ill put a valver engine in and come back then...

Ford Mustang 5.0
meggerman said:
im 27 with full no claims and a 172cup im paying £58 per month with norwich union they have been really helpful and freindly but i know now iam starting to do a few mods i.e induction kit they will probably boost my payments.

if i had bucket seats in my cup how much would you add, what about induction kit ?

As i have said we cannot quote for the Cup model due to our bad claims statistics.

But as a whole we would not charge any extra under our modified policies if bucket seats and an induction kit was fitted (there may be a £25 admin fee if they were added to the policy mid-term rather than at new business or renewal stage)

172, Tiguan
All 172 Cup owners, go with Tesco, they're very reasonable - £640 this year (25, 8yrs NCB)

cock mobile.
jon_r said:
All 172 Cup owners, go with Tesco, they're very reasonable - £640 this year (25, 8yrs NCB)

Weren't for me; but then I'm 23 with 1 years no claim (2 next week when I renew).

02 Clio 172Mk2
Seems to be the best for me - NU wanted £1600 for me (30, 7yrs NCB) and my other half (21) for my 172 fully comp, or £922 with just me. Neil just quoted me £899 with her and £699 without - saving £220. Bargain! Waiting to get the quote in the post.... :) Lovely.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Just put a quote through on a 172 for the hell of it! See what it comes back as. Probably loads as I have a colourful driving history!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Well it was quicker than I thought it would be! But at £999.64 its still too much for me to consider changing to yet. Not to bad considering Im 22, 2 years ncb, 1 claim in march 2002, a cd30 in oct 2002 an da sp50 in may 04