ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Group Messaging on Android & Go SMS Pro

Anyone successfully using group text messaging on Android? i.e. all replies appear in the same thread so everyone can see everyone's replies etc (like FB group chat or Group MMS on iOS4)

I'm open to trying other apps. I'm currently using Go SMS Pro as it claims to do what I want & others on the internet are reporting success.

• Sent myself an MMS so I know the APN is setup correctly
  • Got "MMS Group Chat: Supports MMS group chat with iPhone and Android" ticked
  • Got "Send as split convo" deselected so that replies appear in one thread (also tried ticking the box & can confirm it sends the message out in separate threads to each receipitant, rather than keeping all replies in one thread)

My particular issue is that with "MMS Group Chat" ticked messages to multiple people simply do nothing. They don't send, nor do I get a sending failure notification.

Many thanks

If not, "groupme" sounds like my next stop given I've followed this thread to no avail http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1817077

On my fb, at least, WA seems to be falling out of favour. Apparently it's 'fashionable' to ditch it etc.

Anyway, the motive behind this is that all my iPhone friends don't need to download anything because they can all already talk to each other with threaded group sms via iOS4's built in "threaded MMS" feature.

I'm just after something for Android that is compatible with iOS so that I can join in conversations rather than text 8 people individually.

Bus w**ker
I know very few people with a smart phone that don't have Whatsapp. There's a few of us from here that use it daily.

Audi A5
I have whatapps, I think its quite good for organizing things with your mates, easier than texting.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I don't mind whatsapp prefer iMessage though. As Sy says there's a couple of us using it and it does the job.