ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GT Exhaust - Brilliant #2 and Renaissance Wax

Not a 320d
Two new products here to try, firstly, Brilliant #2 Aluminium and Stainless Steel Polish, and Renaissance Wax.

Renaissance Wax is often used for protecting museum exhibits, metal objects such as knives and also marble and wood. The wax is designed to protect items from weather corrosion and has excellent durability. ive seen other people using the wax to protect exhausts before so i thought id add my own thoughts.

Brilliant #2 was introdued a while ago, however ive not got round to using it, as autosol has always seemed to do the job. Ive always wanted a metal polish that produces a crisp, clean finish to an exhaust, and #2 does just that. When using it i found it was capable of removing some of the more stubborn grime and removed all of the defects from my exhaust (except for that rust).

Anyway. Enough of the talk, here is one dirty Clio GT exhaust.

DSC01968.jpg

The exhaust was cleaned, and then using a microfibre towel, polished to remove defects and restore shine.

DSC01970.jpg

DSC01971.jpg

DSC01973.jpg

Now, with the exhaust polished, Renaissance Wax was applied. Ive applied it far too thickly here, and believe me when i say that if you let this cake on, its VERY difficult to remove.

DSC01976.jpg

And with Renaissance Wax buffed off.........

DSC01977.jpg

DSC01978.jpg

DSC01981.jpg

My thoughts?

DSC01963.jpg

As ive already said, its not massivly abrasive. It does give a very crisp finish which is what i was after, however, if you need something thats abrasive and will make short work of an un-cared for exhaust, then i would definately reccomend using something like autosol.

Renaissance Wax is fantastic, i wouldnt use it on paintwork, but the 200ml jar is more than siffucient to last you a few hundred years. It sets like stone, and from the household produicts ive used it on (like marble) i can vouch for the water beading and sheeting being superb. Much like a wheel sealant (nanolex for instance) its not there to provide me with a beading exhaust, more for me to make short work of road grime and to prevent it from staining or weathering my exhaust tips.

120d M Sport
Thats insane levels of sadness right there..

But I must admit I do like to polish my tailpipe every now and then.

Not a 320d
Well ive just washed the car, where as my car would normally have a stained exhaust by now, I passed a washmitt over it during washing, and it has come up clean again.

Megane R26
It's worth doing properly once a year, and as you say, after using that wax it will just wipe clean now!

You coulda cleaned it inside a bit more though :p

Tesla M3 Performance
Know this thread a bit old, but just FWIW, did my whole car with Renaissance Wax and the result is stunning. Plus... it was a good workout! Once you get it on, you can tell it's tough stuff. On their home page, they list all uses (basically everything), but at the bottom of the pages, it says "cars". I was doing my sword collection when... couldn't resist trying. Again, FWIW.