ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GT - RearSpacers fitted and a wash

Not a 320d
Coils are going on this weekend, insurance only want another £30 and my warranty doesnt get voided. Car was waxed last week, HD cleanse/Zymol Carbon mix, and blackfire tyre gel. I might have used some wonder wheels to shift the heavy brake dust :eek:

Got some nanolex professional wheel sealant to go on too but it needs to cure at 15 deg or above.

IMG00081-20100122-1214.jpg

IMG00086-20100124-2155.jpg

IMG00098-2010020144-1342copy.jpg

IMG00099-20100201-1342.jpg

Want to do this, not sure though

IMG00098-20100201-1342copy.jpg

Very Unhappy with the car at the moment, the tyres are disgusting, cant get much grip even in the dry, look s**t too and handles like a boat and has possibly the worst driving position ever.

IMG00096-20100201-1342-2.jpg

IMG00097-20100201-1342.jpg

"Navy" N17 TWO
You'll be happy when you get the coilies fitted and give the whole car a good cleaning session :)

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
looks nice and clean, you might enjoy it more when the coilovers are on and slammed :)

Not a 320d
Needs spacers on front ! specialy once you lower it !

Trust me ive been there !!!!

Theyre in my boot still, looked like a tractor on the front so i removed them.

Jens89 uploaded some pics, i think his doesnt have spacers on the front, but has 20mm on the rear.

03022010081large9yw8.jpg

03022010080large4av1.jpg

Black Clio GT
lol you still moaning??
im sure there will be a thread about how awesome it is after its coiled up.
lack of grip from the tyres will be down to the std suspension wait until summer im sure your opinion on them will change........

Not a 320d
lol you still moaning??
im sure there will be a thread about how awesome it is after its coiled up.
lack of grip from the tyres will be down to the std suspension wait until summer im sure your opinion on them will change........

Sometimes i do love it though. Has its issues tho :eek:

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Can you PM me a link to them please :) Thanks babes :D

Also toying with the idea of doing rear CLIO badge. Looks well

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
You have a spare wheel ? They didnt tick that free option for me :( Tyre in a can FTW. We can get an ITG too?

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Not with mine :( I love the driving position, comfort, and handling of the car as it is! But really want to slam it :D

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
really like these, what are they like performance wise? quick as the twingo renaultsport?

No, the performance is OK. It keeps up with my brothers Fiesta Zetec S 1.6 which is all it needs to do really.

F56 MINI Cooper S
no they arnt as quick u mean? although there is only about 5bhp between the two, although i spose the twingo feels more nippy.

White Sti Hatch
No, the performance is OK. It keeps up with my brothers Fiesta Zetec S 1.6 which is all it needs to do really.

thats cause there pish cars my bogo 1.6 with 111Bhp could keep up and pass my mates one !!! and the GT's have what 128 ??

Common sense tells you they're not as fast as a Twingo.

Will look awesome once coils are on.

Not a 320d
really like these, what are they like performance wise? quick as the twingo renaultsport?

No, second slower, 6 speed short ratios compared to the twingo's 5 speed. AWFUL slow clutch too, even under normal driving, something that really narks me about the GT.

It really needs more torque and power and a better torque curve.

no they arnt as quick u mean? although there is only about 5bhp between the two, although i spose the twingo feels more nippy.

Better suspension setup and chassis from the Twingo and better tyres, lighter car.

Why would anyone get one, over the RS Twingo?

Because the Twingo looks s**t, its far too small and girly and has a horrible interior and layout. Capable as it may be and slighty faster than the GT, i would definately not buy one.

"has possibly the worst driving position ever"

You've obviously not driven a Clio 2 then?

Ive owned 2 MK2's prior to the GT and my best mate owns a 172 cup so i still drive it around now and again. The seats are too high for a start. MK2 wasnt great but it was acceptable.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
No, the twingo has a bit more power and super light!

thats cause there pish cars my bogo 1.6 with 111Bhp could keep up and pass my mates one !!! and the GT's have what 128 ??

Sorry but if you haven't owned one you don't have much of an opinion. I know you've driven one on a test drive. But without owning one and driving it dailiy you can't just say its pisch and that be it. Before this car was run in it was slow as feck, it's a lot quicker now. It could easily beat the Fiesta yes but in my book thats its rival so thats what it has to at least keep up with, its also ££££ Cheaper.

Why would anyone get one, over the RS Twingo?

Insurance is cheaper on the Clio.

Not a 320d
No, the twingo has a bit more power and super light!

Sorry but if you haven't owned one you don't have much of an opinion. I know you've driven one on a test drive. But without owning one and driving it dailiy you can't just say its pisch and that be it. Before this car was run in it was slow as feck, it's a lot quicker now. It could easily beat the Fiesta yes but in my book thats its rival so thats what it has to at least keep up with, its also ££££ Cheaper.

Insurance is cheaper on the Clio.

It did get better as the miles went on, but my car seems to be back on a go slow again. car feels slow as s**t right now when normally it can be fairly fun to drive.

About him not having an opinion, yeah, you need to drive the car more, but this time your right, its a proper b**ch to drive at the moment, ill be selling it in a year or 2 at the most.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
When its cold its a pain in the cnut, but its also a Renault :p.

I REALLY Don't get what you mean about the seats? They are the same as in the 197/200. Comfy and they hug you.

Not a 320d
When its cold its a pain in the cnut, but its also a Renault :p.

I REALLY Don't get what you mean about the seats? They are the same as in the 197/200. Comfy and they hug you.

Seats are good, BUT the boulsters for your legs are too ..... weak and dont provide enough support. I dont feel that the sides go high enough either, hell i know theyre not recaros but i miss my MK2 now.

Its the seating position thats my main dissapointment, feels so flat.

And that GOD DAMM CLUTCH CREAKING is driving me INSANE.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I wasn't sure about these when they came out. I've now decided I'm not a fan, sorry. I'd also opt for a Twingo if I was in the market for a warm hatch.

Clio sport 182
It did get better as the miles went on, but my car seems to be back on a go slow again. car feels slow as s**t right now when normally it can be fairly fun to drive.

About him not having an opinion, yeah, you need to drive the car more, but this time your right, its a proper b**ch to drive at the moment, ill be selling it in a year or 2 at the most.

Not being funny but if you hate the car that much and plan on getting rid in a year or 2 why waste your money modding it

Black Clio GT

same top end but half second quicker to 60 in the twingo due to less weight and 5bhp more. handles better on the cup suspension but i personally couldnt live with the boot size and dash set up or one would be sat outside my house instead of the gt...........