ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GW 197 Lux

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Hi all,
Few years back I had a 172 Cup which due to reliability issues had to replace with something newer, reliable and slower to get me to work, which ended up being an Ibiza.
It did its job but I got incredibly bored and had an itch that needed scratching, so impulsively decided I was going to get a 197, preferably in Glacier White. One popped up in Mansfield so off I went to see it.
I bought it on the day, was very pleased with it and ticked all the boxes, but I was adamant that the dealer(!) sorted a few bits out before I collected it, which were:
  • Full service and MOT including a belt change
  • Sorted issues out from previous MOT (steering rack and 2 new tyres)
  • Respray of wing mirrors and front grill due to wear (gloss black to match wheels)
  • Respray of brake callipers to freshen up (weren't looking too healthy)
  • Full wheel refurb and respray in gloss black
Picked it up last Saturday, really happy with it and excited to be finally be back in an RS! Few pictures from a blast this afternoon:
J6uMBaU.jpg

EjvSThv.jpg

zLZwBsa.jpg

0iNbtd6.jpg

yVJyOCb.jpg

Got some H&R springs en route which should be going on soon, as well as some clean number plates and a few other odds and ends. Also spent an impressive wad of cash on cleaning products too (including tyre shine :smirk:) so just waiting for the weather to be kinder. Will keep the thread updated.
Cheers
Steve

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Lovely, they did all the work you asked them to do? They must have had some serious profit in that!!

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Lovely, they did all the work you asked them to do? They must have had some serious profit in that!!
Pretty much - the MOT, service and wheel refurb were part of their 'car preperation' process anyway, so they offered. The rest I mumbled about and pointed out on the car as I inspected it, to which they replied "we'll sort that, and that, that too".

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Pretty decent dealer then, most places wouldn't do a lot of that.
Was really satisfied with their service, and more-so suprised that they offered to do so much. Couldn't really say no!

Just a quick non-picture update - I was inspecting the tyres a couple of nights ago, just checking tread depth and getting an idea of how much life was left and new tyre prices and whatnot, and I discovered that the car had differing profile tyres on front to back..! 45 on the front, 40 on the rear.
:miffed:
So having a new set fitted tomorrow morning, an unexpected expense which I'm a bit bummed about but it needs doing, plus the lower profile rears still have plenty of life so should be able to sell them on. H&R springs should hopefully be on this weekend as well as clean plates too.
Cheers