ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlamp removal/cold air feed

Clio 172 mk2
Just wondering is anyone knows how to remove the passenger side headlamp on a Clio 172.

Now I'm no idiot when it comes to car mechanics but even the plugs on the electrics behind the lamps seemed impossible to unplug!

Basically I want to get down to the induction piping in the wing to do some modifications and so I need to get the lamp out for access...can't see any other way of doing it!

Any help much appreciated

Clio 172 mk2
I take it they are going to break then?

How do I get to the induction piping/valve down below the headlamp?

MERCEDES CLS AMG
You have to unbolt the bumper to get access to the retaining bolts that hold the lamp in. Also the wheel arch spat as well. There are other ways to get a cold air feed without touching the light. Move your ECU further back ( fabricate a new bracket ) and then unbolt your battery and push that further back - this will give you enough room to fit a steel cold air feed pipe through the n/s frt of your frt panel.

it is a cup racer headlamp cover sorry.

you will be able to drop the induction donkey dick down before you get to the headlamp area and drop it into the space in the lower grille.

/y0z

Clio 172 mk2
Thanks for the replies

Surprised to hear the bumper has to come off....they really have tried to make this car difficult to service yourself....I mean the plugs are buried underneath the inlet!!!!!

I may leave the std Induction system in for now....is it any good or does that valve/2way inlet affect the power at all?

MERCEDES CLS AMG
The 2 way inlet valve situated in the N/S/F of the inner wheel arch section is actually an induction silencer. From my personal experience a ram air system straight to the throttle body with an inline filter is the best approach - the more cold air forced into your engine, the better it will run. Try to use smooth piping to increase airflow with no sharp angles - ideally tubular steel piping.

Last edited:
  Clio 172 mk2
Thanks for the pic mate

I'd like to keep the OE airbox but was wondering if ripping this valve off would de-restrict the airlow in any way.

Neil - I did away with the OEM filter hose and valve. I bought some SFS cold air ducting (68mm I think) which is good quality and a perfect fit for the hole left in the airbox. This drops straight down - inboard of the headlamp stuff, don't need to move anything - to the wheelarch area, where I have a Hillpower scoop cut into the wheelarch lining.

Gareth

Clio 172 mk2
Cheers for that...that is the kind of thing I am thinking of doing.

What did you do with the old silencer/valve....looks like a b**ch to get to in order to remove....can you just leave in in-situ and feed the piping down past it?

Neil G said:
What did you do with the old silencer/valve....looks like a b**ch to get to in order to remove....can you just leave in in-situ and feed the piping down past it?
Sorry - Nick Hill did that bit for me as I had one of his IKs for a while. I guess once the airbox is out it shouldn't be too bad.