ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP!!! Dash won't come off

ClioSport 182
I have a 182 and followed the guide "How to remove the dashboard in a Clio MK3 / 172 MK2" written by Mark Davis (from the ClioSport website). I have removed all 14 screws:

* 3 under silver insert on passenger side
* 1 under silver insert on driver side
* 2 either side of the dash next to the vents
* 3 running along the vents next to the windscreen
* 3 bottom side of the steering cowl
* 2 under the speedo once the steering cowling has been removed

So 14 screws later (fnar fnar) I can't get the dash off. It seems that something is holding it in the middle somewhere.

Anyone with experience of removing a 182 dash know what the trick is? Do I also need to remove the A-pillar covers too?

Currently my 182 is in bits ... thx for quick responses!

KnightAzul

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
yes you NEED to remove the A pillars completely, they hold the dash in place also, about 3/4 the way up the A pillar, look inside and you will see a big clip, press on this and then just pull the pillar away from the car.

ClioSport 182
Thx for the quick reply. Any other items I need to remove or is that everything ... 14 screws & the A-pillar covers?

KnightAzul

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
should be everything, you may find you have problems with the dash 'sticking' to the passenger airbag when trying to remove it (i.e not wanting to come off on the left hand side). I found pressing down on the dash whilst pulling it forward helped.

RB 200 Cup!
yep the a pillars should be the last things to remove and then the dash should just come off easily - i still cant believe how many screws renault put there in the first place!

172 Cup
Mine was stuck on the passenger airbag when I took it off. Came off eventually with some encouragement.

ClioSport 182
Thanks all for the help!

Finally removing the A-pillar covers, the dash just slid off easily. Now the tweeter covers are glued down solid and hopefully with cease their annoying rattle ... otherwise it will have all been in vain.

KnightAzul