ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help re bucket seat fitting...

go down to B&Q and get some bolts to fit the nuts your have taken off from underneath, they should be 2 or 3 inches long I think... and maybe pickup some washers to spread the load too.

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z

Awesome cheers Roamer! I wasnt aware that id need additional bolts etc.....good job i did the passengers side first!! lol

Now if i could only de-activate the air bag light....
Also, anyone know where to fix the 2 side harness mounts?

[Edited by Gary G on 19 February 2005 at 3:13pm]

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Ok what you need is go to halfords first of all:

4 x M8 bolts, approx 2-3inches long. They sell them in pairs.
4 x 8mm Locking nuts

Then over to B&Q

Bag of 8/10mm thick washers.

Order of assembly

bolt
washer
seat subframe
floor of car
washer
lock nut

Repeat x4. Any probs let me know. Its EXACTLY how i did mine.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Si - dont worry - theyre not in yet... ;-) maybe halfords will have sold out of suitable nut-age! :D

Lionel Richie

airbags are easy peasy, on the large block conector youll see 4 wires (pinky/beige colour)

you need 2 x resistors (you already know the ohm rating)

put the resistors over these wires (cant remember whichway you do it, ill check)

still chocka blockmate, sorry for the short reply

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 19 February 2005

looks like i being beaten to the title of 1st buckets in a 182 by a matter of weeks, lol

Pah............... Gayboy and his fancy Custom subframes;)

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Quote: Originally posted by stu8v on 19 February 2005

Sounds like the mother of all bodges to me, lets just hope you never involved in an accident.
Care to explain further?

I may have got the wrong end of the stick, but am i correct in thinking your just bolting it straight through the floor with nut/washers underneath?

ie no reinforcment as per std.

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z

Cheers CupCake!

All done :D Well sort of, just sorting out the harnesses. Got sparco 3 point ones, sorted out the rear stap and there is only 1 hole with the correct thread size lol. For the sides do i secure the outer points to the hole where the black bar for seats belts were fixed. Then the inner ones to the part built into the subframe?

....will have a go at sorting out the airbag issue tomorrow (cheers Fred http://www.cliosport.net/forum/smileys/smiley1.gif)

Soz loony ;) But your seats are much nicer than mine so ill be jealous of you once yours are in! lol

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Well its not underneath the car, and theres nothing in the car apart from the seat subframes - I know as Ive taken out and replaced mine.

Pics of this spreader plate stu? Im intrigued.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Quote: Originally posted by Gary G on 19 February 2005

Cheers CupCake!

All done :D Well sort of, just sorting out the harnesses. Got sparco 3 point ones, sorted out the rear stap and there is only 1 hole with the correct thread size lol. For the sides do i secure the outer points to the hole where the black bar for seats belts were fixed. Then the inner ones to the part built into the subframe?
Rear Mounting Points Here:

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1108834362__1108052724__DSC00004.jpg

Front mounting points:

#1 Where the lower front seat belt mount used to be on the B-piller

#2 Attached to the seat subframe by the handbrake. :)

[Edited by CupCake on 19 February 2005 at 5:34pm]

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Maybe Gary can show us a pic of the base of his 172 seats and any parts hes taken off. :)

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Yes mate as I have the B-pillar black seatbelts still in for my female passengers who dont apprecaite harnesses. :) (like my mum etc!)

Just put the harness on the same bolt as the black rail and youll be fine. The bolt is an 8.8 which is fine. :)

Lionel Richie

Tell you what, ill remove my seats and take a pic to prove/disprove the arguement (i know the correct answer, but ill let the pics do the talking!!)

Ill remove them on monday morning

Quote: Originally posted by Smokey on 19 February 2005
Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 19 February 2005looks like i being beaten to the title of 1st buckets in a 182 by a matter of weeks, lol Pah............... Gayboy and his fancy Custom subframes;)

blow me homo ;)
im 6ft3 and the std seats are higher than high so one of the main points to me swapping the seats was getting them nice and low so forgive me if im not content with stock subframes :eek:P

Quote: Originally posted by Gary G on 19 February 2005
Soz loony ;) But your seats are much nicer than mine so ill be jealous of you once yours are in! lol

lol, ill get some pics up when theyre in to piss you off some more
;)
lets see your pics then ?

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z

Pics on the way....just want to get the outer harness point sorted. The triangular piece of metal makes to near impossible to fix it to the point where the OE black bar it secured! Any ideas....

Cupcake, think u have the same harnesses as me....did you use any of the screw in rings that were supplied. Also the bolts that came with the harnesses for the rear point only fit in the holes nearer the front seats than you indicated, did you use different ones?

I can confirm, on the mk1s atleastt hat there is no reinforcement visable under the car, you will find that the bolt holes are through a reinforced member, in the case of the mk1 they nount through the raised section that passes from the door to hand brake.

Odd that the mk2s come wiht their own sliding subframes though, the mk1s mount to the existing sliding subframes

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

lol!

Love it! More pics!!!!!!!!

I was soo close. Bloody demon tweeks.

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z

:D haha

Im well chuffed! Driving position has changed for the better....now about 500% nicer! You really can feel the car more as well, plus my exhaust sounds awesome with all the rear stripped out :devilish:....people think im mental taking a new car apart i love it!! lol

Winson, the seats are from my old mini....which happens to be a similar colour scheme ;) Will upgrade to some better seats in the future, cant really spend £££ at the mo as a trip to GDI is coming up v soon.

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1108854278__DSCF0034.jpg