ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hi, picking up a 182 today!!

182 f/f
Hi all,
My name is Dave. 12 years ago I had a 1.9 205 GTI. I've always hankered after it since trading it in. So now i've taken the plunge and put a deposit on 182 (full fat with both cup packs). The idea was to try and purchase the "best hot hatch" of recent years - as the 205 was back in the 1990's. What do think of my logic?

Another quick question - the car has 82K miles on it - full and thorough service history with the car - are there any major problems to look forward to as the mlles creep up above this level?? (Probably should've asked this question before i bought the car!!)

Thanks a million in advance for any responses/advice.
Cheers:D,
Dave

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Aslong as its got FSH it will be fine this should include both Cam and Aux belt.

Hope you enjoy it but if you wanted the "best" or the MK2 clios you should have got a Trophy.

I have a 182FF and enjoy it, do sort of wish i had put in a little more money for a Trophy though.

182 f/f
Sound man Bazzon. Both belts done at 63K in 2008 - might do em again next yr? (3 yr interval?).

I drove a Trophy and the damping, handling and seats really were impressive!!
But there was a difference of 5K (euro) between the 2 and i just couldn't afford it:(

Maybe next time! Thanks again for the response!
Cheers
Dave

None
Hello mate, welcome to CS :)

Enjoy the clio!, a mate of mine had the 1.9 205 gti about ten ago and loved it (except getting the spare wheel nicked from that stupid cage underneath)

The clio is kind of a more refined and faster modern day equivalent, i went for the FF too and love the extra's.......they don't always work but i love them anyway ;)

182 f/f
Cheers guys!! I got a silver one - the guy I bought it off is a car detailer/paint corector - paint and body just immaculate - having said that still would have loved the blue (either of the blue colors). My air con doesn't work - other than that the car is great - first day driving it today - what a car!!! Very, very impresssed and happy with my purchase!!
Cheers guys
dave

anything
nearly shed a tear when dave drove off in my car but on the upside such a nice nice person i knew it was going to a good home... health to drive buddy ....think ive made a new freind

182 f/f
Hi nigel!! (ferret) was a pleasure to meet u too buddy, love the car!! as a friend once said - buy the seller not the car - this deffo applis here. Will keep u updated on her progress - gonna treat her to the various engine and gearbox mounts 1st and then maybe a set of front bushes! Will keep u posted bro - wishing u the very best of luck with ur trip to Edinburgh if it comes off.
Cheers
dave

182 f/f
Cheers nigel - sound man!! Meeting a local mechanic tomorrow night who's mad into Renault Sport cars - he started with a R5 gtt, than a Clio 16v and now he drives a 172. He sounds interested In my car (your car - lol) and he's gonna help me put a list together of the few bits that need doing. Any further thoughts from ur end about the lumpy idle. The mechanic was talking about something called a variator, said they give trouble often enough??
Cheers bro,
dave

anything
if you check the technical side here alot of people suffer the same issue 3 of mine where all the same tho your one was one of the less noticeable ... never heard of the variator to be honest dave ... tho youve come to the right place for advice ...its a great site

182 f/f
Sound man nigel - that's much apreciated - dying to hear what u get to replace the silver bullet!! Mind urself bud,
cheers
Dave