ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HID's fitted, autoglym'd inside and out, shiny shiny, lots of pics (56k no way)

J

jakm15

Fitted my HID's recently but only just got chance to post some night-ish pics up. Finished work early today so gave it a good clean inside, outside and under the bonnet, also rubbed down and sprayed some bits under the car. Had the car now for a year since my 17th, been a cracking car so far.

Modifications so far include:

6000k HID's,
White Sidelights,
Dynamique alloys,
40mm lowering springs,
Front fog lights,
Ph2 rear lights,
Dynamique spoiler,
Clear side repeater lenses and sliver bulbs,
Silvervisons,
Dual Optics.

car005.gif

car003.gif

car004.gif

car006.gif

car008.gif

car009.gif

car010.gif

car015.gif

car018.gif

J

jakm15

its good stuff autoglym, i used autoglym Aqua Wax, just wash as normal then spray it on when the cars wet then spread with one cloth then buff with the second, you get 2 cloths with the stuff, costs around a tenner and ive used it about 5 or 6 times and thers a good third of the bottle left. its smells nice too.

Mini Cooper S
Very nice!!! Maybe some 172 alloys would make it a bit more finished?

Usually I'd say colour code it but the black detailing looks good :)

J

jakm15

Very nice!!! Maybe some 172 alloys would make it a bit more finished?

Usually I'd say colour code it but the black detailing looks good :)

ye id like some 172 alloys but the cost is too much for what the car is worth, the black plastics look ok now just need to back to black them every few weeks to keep them looking good.

Nice and tidy.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I was looking at the aqua wax for my next big clean. Looks like nice results, very tidy car :)

J

jakm15

ye its worth getting some, less effort than the normal waxes and you can spray it everywhere, black plastics, tyres, alloys, windows etc.

Chav Rocket
looks really nice mate, nice and clean - only thing i would have done differently is installed the HID ballasts a bit more stealth/OEM. Still looks good though

J

jakm15

oooo maybe i should have sold mine for abit more. i sold mine for 80 quid a few months back

ye ive seen some real bargains on here but ooooo well. they were in mint condition with not a mark on them, and 4 brand new tyres fitted, all delivered to my door so its not all bad.

J

jakm15

looks really nice mate, nice and clean - only thing i would have done differently is installed the HID ballasts a bit more stealth/OEM. Still looks good though

ye they would be better hidden but they need to be bone dry and well ventilated and that seems the only part of the engine bay that stays dry when ive washed the car.

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Lovely car Jakm! I have taken a lot of inspiration from yours :)

I am pretty much copying it exactly :p So far I have added dynamique wheels, dual optics and lowered 40mm! Ph2 rear lights and fogs to follow soon :approve:

Was it difficult to remove the lenses of the lights?

J

jakm15

nice n clean ! what hid's and sidelights you running mate ? pm me :)

pm'd, here are the links anyway, both very easy to fit and been trouble free highly recommended a real bargain.
HID'S

SIDELIGHTS

Proper tidy that. Aqua Wax is decent stuff I use it every now and again.

its good when you dont have time to dry and wax normally.
Lovely car Jakm! I have taken a lot of inspiration from yours :)

I am pretty much copying it exactly :p So far I have added dynamique wheels, dual optics and lowered 40mm! Ph2 rear lights and fogs to follow soon :approve:

Was it difficult to remove the lenses of the lights?

glad to know ive helped, i think the mods ive done are the best you can for a ph1 non-sport. the fogs and rear lights both make a big difference. ive just put a white 21 LED number plate light in which looks good, just had problems with a bad connection but im going to strip the unit apart when i get chance and spray everything with some wd-40.

do you mean the dual optics?, ive never had to do this.

any problems with fitting the fog, rear lights etc just drop me a pm ill try and help

J

jakm15

Looks well that, very tidy.

thanks :) . . . not sure if there is anything else i can do to it now, im not keen on colour coding, id like some 172 alloys but ive already got the dynamique ones. ive just had a look at some sport seats but there not much nicer than the standards.

im sure i can think of something. . . .

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Love this mate!

Looks like a more subtle looking version of mine. (Quite a bit better condition by the looks of it though)

Few questions if thats ok....

Where are the HID's from? Link? - Look wicked :)

What did you clean that engine up with??? - Also looks wicked :)

Edit, just seen you've linked the HID's above.

Edit x2, HID link does not work.

Last edited:
J

jakm15

Love this mate!

Looks like a more subtle looking version of mine. (Quite a bit better condition by the looks of it though)

Few questions if thats ok....

Where are the HID's from? Link? - Look wicked :)

What did you clean that engine up with??? - Also looks wicked :)

Edit, just seen you've linked the HID's above.

Edit x2, HID link does not work.

thanks, its in very good condition for its age its a W reg 2000, heres a working link for you CLICK

Just used loads of wet wipes called wonder wipes, then waxed the paintwork and back to blacked the plastics.

really nice condition, proper enthusiast car

thanks, my first car so im looking after it.