ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Holes drilled in back bumper?

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
I've seen a few track day Clios now with holes drilled in the back bumper, usually in the centre of the bumper in a row of five or six, diameter probably about an inch and a half to two inches.

Why do people do this? I have a drill, and a long boring Sunday ahead of me, idle hands and all that :smiley:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434219245.227636.jpg

I like the look, don't think it will really do much but as above really

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
There's loads of cars that come from factory with venting in the rear bumpers for the same reason..

The other option is an undertray of some sort..

Or both

I removed the plastic panel by the boot shut the other day and driving down the road I could hear this annoying tapping noise and noticed theres these weird vent things in the back bumper with little paper thing rubber flaps that were opening and closing when I was stationary and a lorry drove past and also when driving down the a12. Wondered what they were? Its almost like they are vents for inside the car letting the air out the back?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
I removed the plastic panel by the boot shut the other day and driving down the road I could hear this annoying tapping noise and noticed theres these weird vent things in the back bumper with little paper thing rubber flaps that were opening and closing when I was stationary and a lorry drove past and also when driving down the a12. Wondered what they were? Its almost like they are vents for inside the car letting the air out the back?

I think you're on about the black flaps which let the 'air pressure' out when you close the door/boot.

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Seen a few Clios at Castle Combe today with NO rear bumper, and one with NO rear bumper and NO front bumper too
Dont like the look, but does it really help air flow?

Like the 2 inch holes though... but again, only for looks?