ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Holey Renault 5 16V... Williams F7R & Alpha ITBs

Cupra
Re: Renault 5 F2000 Tarmac Rally / Sprint Car - Clio Williams conversion & overhaul

IMG_2369.jpg

Some Batmanesque swiss cheese interior modding there.

Evo 6, E92 320d
Re: Renault 5 F2000 Tarmac Rally / Sprint Car - Clio Williams conversion & overhaul

Good work, keeping it this colour? I sugest nato green:)

ValverInBits

I also suggest a ridiculous colour.

R5s are the tits in the right hands. Looks the bomb already.
I'm a fan:eek:

Its staying that colour as a base for now and im painting the kit matt black and I plan on doing some graffiics/stencils in matt black

Cheeers :)

172 Cup & Clio dci Van

i got some mint rear clusters for an r5 for sale on the bay...

s1 williams/106gti

winston ???
im new to the forum but arent you the guy from french cars magazine with the rat look williams2???

Yes he is lol...........was scrapped long ago :evil:

Evo 6, E92 320d

You mean Illiams...

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR

that red looks quite nice actually tbh

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR

RAcing blue would look mint

s1 williams/106gti

haha thought so.you scrap the whole car ?? didnt keep anything??
disregard just read the project thread.shame.anyways back to the thread at hand.lol

the 5 looks awesome i've had 2 . a monaco1.7 on webers and a snotty 5turbo

I found out last night i can get a cheap respray if i do the prep work and get the paint... so a colour change is on the cards in the future, just want to get it built first or it will never happen

I kept a few bits and bats from illy.... but my mate fatman bought most of it lol

Monaco on webbers sounds trick... Twin? that manifold would be awesome to see

I just want to get it built now, weather and ill health are hindering that... DIE!!!

No big updates
icon_sad.gif

Ive been painting the thermostat housing and coil pack

IMG_3877.jpg

Few parts came today in the post

GT Tuning bumper vent... I will try and not sell this one lol

IMG_3881.jpg

Ph1 19 16V bonnet vent... Im not keen on the Clio 16v look bonnet buldge, I think this will suit the boxy 5 shape better and get in that much needed air onto the exhaust manifold

IMG_3884.jpg

I have swapped my insurance from my old 432 hybrid and Im going to tax it at the start of feb and use it (1.4 campus power lol)... as im sick of having no car on the road.

That way it gives me room in the back garden to put up a cover, get some flooring down and get the engine built up on the subframe.... that way i can just drop the car over it and bolt it all up.

Getting there slowly

Woznaldo

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault 5 GT Turbo

Looks awesome Winston,

I love my GTT and want to go down the same route. The rear suspension looks different. Are they strut towers? Would love to see some pictures of the rear suspension. Hint hint!;)

As for gearboxes, I think the GTT JB5 is probably the strongest but will have longer gearing because of the 13" original wheels. That said, I know nothing about 172/182 boxes?

If you're going to stay N/A then the box won't have to contend with a great gob of torque every gear change:D.

s1 williams/106gti

Monaco on webbers sounds trick... Twin? that manifold would be awesome to see
my dad used to run a precision engineering firm in croydon so having custom mani's made was never an issue lol ..... oh yep an twin !!
used to rort til a so called friend of mine stole it :mad::mad:
this is back in the days before camera phones so if i come across any pics i'll scan em in so you can have a look see.

^some real cvnts about :(^

Welcome to CS Woznaldo... I will get pics of the suspension soon and at the minute im going with the GT Turbo gearbox

Only picture i have is from the ebay ad

0639_1.jpg

The welds from were the cage plates have just started to rust... grind down and hammeriting is in order ;)

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.

Ah, Not going to leave it to die a death illiams style? :)

Woznaldo

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault 5 GT Turbo

^some real cvnts about :(^

Welcome to CS Woznaldo... I will get pics of the suspension soon and at the minute im going with the GT Turbo gearbox

Only picture i have is from the ebay ad

0639_1.jpg

Thanks for the welcome Winston:D.

Does it still run the torsion bars as well as the coilover (with a light assister spring) or has the torsion bar been ditched?

Still running the torsion bars with no springs on the shocks at the time being.... Im going to see how it handles before i start playing :)

looking forward to seeing this winston mate, you still coming to the meet on sunday?

jamie

Getting there man

he has down graded to an Astra van :(

Try PMing dougal or chris H.. they will know

Well the car was roadbound as of sunday and made it to the NW meet just lol

Thanks to Jord for the pics

IMG_1182.jpg

IMG_1216.jpg

Ive picked up my 8x13's after getting the tyres put on at ATS, just need to fit them and wind down the front coils... then i will get some pictures

Once some better weather comes I will spray the kit and few other bits matt black

I will also have some new seats soon... just got to pay and collect, much lighter, I hate cobra monacos

superbenji88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i

are the cushions so you can see over the dash? lol

225 powered mk2

nice winston, bet you had fun in the 5 today in the snow with that handbrake :D

s1 williams/106gti

im lovin this car at the mo makes me want another five :(

ITB'd 182...

Nice bit of Mayo on the filler cap ;)

Bet that handbrake's been getting a good workout!!

Didn't taste like mayo :dead:

The handbrakes one of the reasons for not getting much done to much playing in the snow lol... but ive got a few bits done

Vinyl sticker front number plate..... saves some weight:clown:;)

IMG_4055.gif

I removed the passenger seat as its sold... to make way for the new front seats... coming soon:approve:

IMG_4075.gif