ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Holey Renault 5 16V... Williams F7R & Alpha ITBs

ValverInBits
Re: Renault 5 F2000 Tarmac Rally / Sprint Car - Clio Williams conversion & overhaul

nice bit of smeg in the oil cap there.
This williams engine is a little overdue ;)

Fapping over the hand brake tbqfh

Re: Renault 5 F2000 Tarmac Rally / Sprint Car - Clio Williams conversion & overhaul

and so u should, i was three wheeling the thing around in the dry, top fun!

Well well over due.... but still plodding on

I had already give the head a coat of paint... but this is how it looked before

IMG_4083.jpg

Out came the black hammerite smooth... gave both sides the bottom end a first coat, not pretty but better than rust brown

IMG_4093.jpg

IMG_4096.jpg

I gave the head a 3rd coat of paint.... fitted my pre painted inlet manifold and thermal inlet gasket

IMG_4104.jpg

IMG_4098.jpg

I need to finish cleaning the gearbox then paint it.... fit the flywheel, clutch and gearbox... then i can get it mounted on the subframe :)

Last edited:
  340i

Looking good dude!

ValverInBits

nice! :) Complete F7Rs must be worth nearly £500 odd quick these days? They are getting a lot rarer.

williams and trophy

oooooooo i hope so..got 3 of em sat in the garage lol

lookin gd winston.

Cheers guys

I remember paying £800 for a Williams 3 engine and box back when i did my first 16v hybrid... held there prices well imo

All about the F7R 700 tho.... non of this meggy shizzz lol

Jord has just been and collected some parts from me to take to the powder coaters as he needed to make his powder coating come to the minimum £50 spend... so thought why not :)

williams and trophy

aye got a couple o those ;)

and of course the obligatory meg. 710

and 2 of the meg 710s in the williams es

both in diff states o tune.

Track valver + Ibiza FR

Loving it winston. Can't wait to see it on the road!

R5 GTT

Loving the project winston out of interest what injectors are those you are using?? If known what CC are they??

R5 GTT

Loving the project winston out of interest what injectors are those you are using?? If known what CC are they??

Ignore me just had another look and realised they are standard valver jobbies:clown:

Cheers guys :)

Ive got my powder coated parts back from Jordan... Legend (pics soon)

Well Ive not done much to the car... as there was no point as there was something new in the pipe line...... Things just got interesting

After a 12 hour round trip to bristol yesterday... 3 hours there, 4 hours removing, 2 hours seeing the lord and 3 hours home...

Alpha weber ITB's from an ex K-tec demo car... lets just say i got them for a good price.. and I was praying no one beat me to the deal lol

IMG_4201.jpg

IMG_4196.jpg

IMG_4203.jpg

IMG_4204.jpg

IMG_4200.jpg

ValverInBits

Plug n play! lovely.
What power did the kit make on the last engine it was fitted too?

What's the deal with that ECU? Is it a proper fully mappable standalone jobbie? or just a modified renault Siemens unit?

The Clio 1.8 16V they came from had a big valve head and cams and was said to make 175bhp

I think its a standalone jobbie... but was confused to see the the plug was the same as 16v standard ECU plug

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member

guna be awsome, hope to see you on track at some point with this wee beastie

Cheers adey.. we will do war... if i ever get it put together.... ;)

The map will deffo need tweeking... I hope to get a copy of the software... Some how lol

80's mouse socket of win tbh!

williams and trophy

Cheers adey.. we will do war... if i ever get it put together.... ;)

The map will deffo need tweeking... I hope to get a copy of the software... Some how lol

if u do mate....let me know.......lol

mine def needed a better map......10 mpg was a bit thirsty lol

sounded mint tho

[youtube]VKh7TZ7GlyU[/youtube]

Suzuki Swift Sport

if u do mate....let me know.......lol

mine def needed a better map......10 mpg was a bit thirsty lol

sounded mint tho

[youtube]VKh7TZ7GlyU[/youtube]

That sounds ace!

340i

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... Lumpy :D

Software hunting is looking like a fail

Where did your base map come from jon?.... sounds evil with the sidey lol

williams and trophy

was already on the ecu mate. was removed from a williams 1 so was a proper plug n play kit. altho it was mapped badly lol.

got it off geds, big valve/ported/polished head, 270 cams, bodies, loom, ecu. pulled it all off his n refitted with standard head/cams/inlet/loom, the put the whole lot on mine a good while later.

i too had been trying to find the software, went to see wayne at chip wizards he said he could map it but didnt have the software as it was 10k+ off weber to get it. never actually tried ken at re tho, hes a weber approved dealer int he??

sidey was a knock up to get it thru the mot lol. sounded immense on over run from high revs lol......like a squadron of lancaster bombers lol

It's looking rather tasty :approve:

Would love to do something like this but im useless, can't hold a screwdriver lol

superbenji88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i

sounds like a rally car from 6 seconds onwards

Hmmm 10k lol cheers Jon.... might look at getting something a little more user friendly ECU wise... god knows

M

mini-valver

You NEED to run it on DCOE's! Old skool....

Have some 40's here!

I think i need a smoke.... Heads frazzled by all this

Ive got a mate on msn talking about an adaptronic and running nos

You fronting DCOE's..... I can get some 45's from a mate but wouldn't jetting them and setting them up be a ball ache?

ValverInBits

That's a shame you can't get software for the wierd managemment. Have you emailed all the available email addresses on that website I linked??

New management will mean a new loom or loom plug. It's all ball ache :(

Ive emailed webcon today and I will start a thread about alpha management

Last edited:
M

mini-valver

45's may be better for a 2.0, although 40's would still work. Jetting them you only need to do once and set-up can be done once on some rollers, then adjusted when needed. Only a mixture screw and length of pipe down the carb to "listen". I used them on my Nova, epic. A 5 deserves carbs TBH ;)

Ive been offered some 40's from a 2.0 8v Ford pinto for dirt cheap... could just bang them on to get it running for the summer... need to chat to a few people tonight see if they can tune them for me

Got to remember its on a ghetto budget ;)

M

mini-valver

Tuning them is easy! I had the mix screws at half way, idle screw all the way out, got it running and set the idle, then listen to each cylinder and adjust the mix so it idles nice and all cylinders sound the same. Old skool way a 70's Vaux nut showed me. Worked aswell, lol. Plugs were spot on too, so it wasn't over/under fueling.

DCOE's run best when you set them up quite lean as they like to hunt for the fuel, if that makes sense, lol.

williams and trophy

the bodies are basically twin 45s mate. but using injectors rather than jets.

like i said.wayne can map em.......think he quoted me 350........as he did for my original map, but it dint cost me that much ;)

bear in mind tho.....u will need any ecu mapping, well any thats worth its salt, by a reputable tuner/dealer to get the best out of it.

wayne did actually offer me a decent price for the alpha + but that wouldve left me ecu less and still need a map for the new un.

bite the bullet n get it mapped properly. tbh

ValverInBits

any reason in particular why the perfectly good ITB setup is being ditched for carbs??

M

mini-valver

Hard to find someone to map it. Besides, its a C reg 5, keep it old skool with some DCOE's!