ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Honda civic type r

clio 172 phase 2
After owning my clio 172 for over 2 years and spending a fortune onit i decided it was time to move on and try something different despite the fact that i loved the clio !

I always wanted a honda and always fancied the ep3 after reading alot of reviews and trolling the civic forums i decided i wanted an ep3 .

One came up for sale locally he needed a quick sale and was willing to sell very cheap.

The cars overall in good condition full honda history clutch has been done before due to call back when new for some reason , the paint work isnt amazing but better than most by far !

12 months mot
4 month tax
Facelift model

£3,000

Had the weekend off so wasted no time
In getting the ep3 the way i like it so gave the car a mini detail came out alot better than i thought it would .

Also the engine bay was very dirty and grimey gave that a very good clean also !

My brakes have been sqeaking like mad also striped them down found the sliders to be seized so clean and regreased alls good

My personal opinion on the ep3 lovely car for everyday comfortable handles great plenty of power there . The clio was by far the more fun but with a few mods here and there im confident it will be just as good !

Few rubbish pics.
y7ybebeh.jpg

ypyresa8.jpg
a2ybeza3.jpg
e2ebutyq.jpg
e3umare6.jpg

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Looks nice mate, I still like these I just never bonded with mine unfortunately. Enjoy it :)

clio 172 phase 2
Cheers for the positive comments lads ! Im loving it at the mo ! Just bought myself a aem v2 induction kit !

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I had one of those. Don't let the heat soak group put you off, never suffered any when I had mine on. The teg m does sound better but not tripple the cost better. No difference in performance either imo.

MK3 Clio DCI 86
How much did you guys pick up the AEM V2 for ? Just wondering what they go for 2nd hand ;)

clio 172 phase 2
Update :
The aem v2 has gone il be getting the cai one instead .

Bought myself some rota grids :) they need spraying and some good rubber then lows and camber :)

Here they are
ybu8y7u9.jpg

nyge2y9u.jpg

ju5aba8e.jpg

There 17-8.5 et30 :) bargain too

BG FF 182
I've owned 2 of these, and spunked over £6k in mods. Cracking cars, legendary reliability when serviced regularly. The best mods are bloody expensive though, £350 for a carbon induction kit, £500 for second hand JDM manifold, £700 for a reprogrammable ECU, £750 for a new JDM catback! You can buy UK stuff but the JDM stuff really does bring out the best in these cars.

I managed to get mine up to about 250 bhp with all the above, plus a mapping session and new engine & gearbox mounts, but flip me it flew, 250 horses kicking in at 4K instead of 6

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I've owned 2 of these, and spunked over £6k in mods. Cracking cars, legendary reliability when serviced regularly. The best mods are bloody expensive though, £350 for a carbon induction kit, £500 for second hand JDM manifold, £700 for a reprogrammable ECU, £750 for a new JDM catback! You can buy UK stuff but the JDM stuff really does bring out the best in these cars.

I managed to get mine up to about 250 bhp with all the above, plus a mapping session and new engine & gearbox mounts, but flip me it flew, 250 horses kicking in at 4K instead of 6

I disagree mate. The over priced induction kit is just that, the aem Cai has been proven to be as good. Exhaust wise a decent whatever exhaust is fine. Danith off here has just fitted a dc5 mani and cat which I sold to him for a grand sum of £75, he's well impressed with the performance. And unless you get the car flashed or kpro etc there's no massive difference.

BG FF 182
The long arm CAI route gives good gains but a few enignes have died a flooded death due to water ingress. A rare occurence but enough to give me second thoughts.

Any decent exhaiust is fine as you say if you don't with to get the best from the car, but as it's NA, it's a battle to get every last drop out of the engine, and only a good mapping session with the most free flowing system from inducton kit to tailpipe will release the fury!!

Good point about the DC5 mani, i'd buy that over any UK item.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
In the real world mate a £700 exhaust isn't going to be £500 better than a good second hand one. Aslong as its got a 2.5" bore its fine, unless you go down the turbo route. I've had the aem in the crappy rain and snow last year and no issues, I know what you mean though, there is a risk. I'd even go out on a limb and say the typhoon or aem v2 are very good, I've had both and suffered no aparant heatsoak issues.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
£350 vs £100 though. Unless your chasing numbers then yeah I guess, agreed on the noise though.

BG FF 182
You will always get that money back if you buy used though.

The short arm kits are great for noise but little else tbh. The design of the Gruppe ensures maximum cold air flow into the engine, and you can really feel the difference in VTEC.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
If fitted properly, bloody awful arnt they? I went on track day with a couple of lads off ctro, I had a gruppe m he had a Cai, no difference in straight line performane, other mods were the same.

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Its all about the Evo wheels & mugen spoiler, Have spent a few quid to say the least on mine lol, Would recommend the Gruppe M/Tegiwa Intake, Have owned both and personally the Gruppe M is no better than the Tegiwa copy!

1-13_zps9a26a448.jpg

clio 172 phase 2
Its all about the Evo wheels & mugen spoiler, Have spent a few quid to say the least on mine lol, Would recommend the Gruppe M/Tegiwa Intake, Have owned both and personally the Gruppe M is no better than the Tegiwa copy!

1-13_zps9a26a448.jpg

That looks awesome bud, i have been looking at the evo wheels but i got these rotas for £120 quid so alls good there ! Just wooried about the poke and what size tyres will be alright i dont want loads of strech just a little bit. Seen plenty on 9 j so should be alright . Il be lowering 40 front and 30 rear on eibach sportlines so see how that looks ! Loving the mugen spoiler though !

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Thanks mate, been a labour of love to say the least lol, If your bored have a read - http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?85256-Stone-s-Fast-Road-Track-EP3-Type-R, If I wasn't moving out next year It would be staying & going charged.. I know I'll regret selling it like my old Ph2 172 :dapprove: Even worse with the mileage being 140,000 it will be stripped for parts... All I will say to any one looking for one don't let the mileage put you off, Providing there looked after they just keep going! And if your going to tune one the Jackson racing super charger is fabulous, We recently fitted one along with a limited slip diff to a customers car which made 296Bhp on a hot summers day, Its how they should have left the factory!

Sorry for the thread hijack rollerdan

I really really like that.

So you're selling next year? Or is there a for sale thread already.

Would definitely be interested. Not because I need a car but simply because I love it.