ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How do u know if it’s Metallic color

Used to have a Clio

Im kinda curious now because i think my black clio was shipped as Metallic Gold Black when I asked for Pearl Black...im not sure what the difference is but i see small glitters on the cars surface which leads me to think its gold black.

anyway - question is: how do you know if its metallic or not? for some reason, im not all that happy with my cars shine..its simply not shiny enough compared to some black cars ive seen. especially those BMWs!!!

and yes, i have polished it with auto-glym...

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

Even if you have ended up with Black Gold :confused:...it should be a sparklier and shinier finish than the Pearl Black anyway......I had Pearl black and although the finish was good it was nothing compared to the Black Gold

Used to have a Clio

yep - mine looks like that...with all the glitter....and its only a 1.2 also....

but for some reason...i expect it to still be really shiny...and i take care of my car!!! wash it all the time!

where do i find the paint code?

Used to have a Clio

damn! i want mine to look like that!!!!!!!!

ive never had my car looking as shiny as that! even tho i take pics of it ALL the time right after ive washed it! and i always use my eos 20d on RAW for taking the pics!!!

ill post a pic of mine when i get home on friday...

Used to have a Clio

im comparing your pic to my car now looking from the window..and mine looks kinda grey-ish...ive only had it 6 months and ive taken care of it..tho ive never waxed it! just used auto-glym polish....do you think thats the case? i cant remember what my car looked like when i first picked it up from the dealer..

you car pic looks wet! and thats what i want - wet black look!!!

106 GTi

Cant remember what I used for those pics, Probably Autoglym Super Resin, Cleakote Vanilla Moose or one off there glazes, Wolfgang Sealant, and Souveran Wax.

Quote: Originally posted by muscleflex on 14 July 2005
im comparing your pic to my car now looking from the window..and mine looks kinda grey-ish...ive only had it 6 months and ive taken care of it..tho ive never waxed it! just used auto-glym polish....do you think thats the case? i cant remember what my car looked like when i first picked it up from the dealer..you car pic looks wet! and thats what i want - wet black look!!!

sounds like the old 172 black well grey lol

Used to have a Clio

Hmm, just looked at DAYs pic..and i think my car is like that..so i think i DID get pearl black..but i still want to be sure.

i would have thought pearl would be shinier than gold?

never mind, my next car (182 or whatever theyll have in 2yrs time), ill definitely get something other than black! its SO hard to clean and shows scratches EASILY! :-(