ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How long is 172 zorst covered by warranty

320d M Sport

as above!

i had the 4K rattle done about this time last year, now exhaust is blowing a bit and making banging noise.

Cars 2 yrs old in Nov but only done 17000 miles, I took ownership in march 02 and it was new then.

Will reno look at it u think?

ta!

Sold MK1 RSI to travel

Well, you have to ask yourslef, will Renault think youve been thrashing the tits off it when have races withy other fellow Clio Members ;)

I wondered this, as i think my exhaust has started to blow, too.

Not being very mechanically minded, how do i know for sure that the exhaust is blowing? Sometimes it sounds like it might be, other times it doesnt.

Dont want to go to reno and ask them as im sure theyll say it is (even if it isnt)!

Cheers

Face

if they refuse kick up a fuss. 3 years warrenty means that, you dont need a MOT so you should expect an exhaust to last that long.

RB5 & 172

the standard reno zorst is only covered with a 1yr warranty.

when mine went with the 4k buzz they would pay a % towards it. but not replace the whole thing for free. hence a nice mgnex!

Its 100% covered in year 1, 80% in year 2 and it goes down from there.....and ill tell you that itll be cheaper to buy a COMPLETE magnex/powerflow/whoever exhaust than Renaults standard.....its a rip off

Astra 1.9cdti XP

Yes but if you had your exhaust replaced this time last year then the new one will be covered with another 1 years warranty so you should be OK.

Mine was out of the years warranty but I kicked up a fuss, I even showed a copy of EVO where they quoted that their long termer had had the same problem!! They went all quiet and offered me a new exhaust!! :D

320d M Sport

hmm, i might kick off then?!

and mike...........nooooooooooooooo, stop leading me to the dark side!!!!

Ive spoken to a bodyshop who could get the oval magnex in the middle boxter stylee, hmmm.......

2012 WRX Waggon

mike.....lead me to the dark side, that look superb!!! need polishing inside though ;)

how much for the re-route paddy, and will they fit the exhaust aswell, or just provide the "hole"?

Renault Laguna Coupe

Yep, youll get enough change for a curry out of £350. Better than pi$$ing about with the Renault zorst from now till kingdom-come though.

320d M Sport

u could be right, im not sure about the way the oval hangs down though, hence the bodyshop coming into in. I could go for boxer style or haev the oval poking through the bumper, or cut a section outthe bumper and lift the tailpipe up a bit?

dunno, need to find the mullah first.......

dont think its covered but give ya an excuse to get a new aftermarket one doesnt it

geta nice 6x4 maggy item looks the nuts on the 172

Paddy MPH, is it a resonating noise coming from the gearbox area? At about 5K RPM on mine in first and second it vibrate and makes a horrible noise. If you fing out what it is let me know, coz It is getting on my nerves!!!

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by Bazza on 10 July 2003

Paddy MPH, is it a resonating noise coming from the gearbox area? At about 5K RPM on mine in first and second it vibrate and makes a horrible noise. If you fing out what it is let me know, coz It is getting on my nerves!!!
Thats it. Lots of people have had it. Really loud if you rev the engine with the bonnet up.

320d M Sport

well ive had that last year and they replaced it (centre exhaust section + heat shield), now its when u leather it, sounds like the whole system is knocking and u can feel it through the floor...

I cannot hear hear while its idle, but as soon as I put my foot down in 1st or 2nd its there and very loud.

I took it back to Renault and they put new engine mounts in, it was OK for about a month and now its back. I think that there is an adjustment for the engine mounts, I cannot find it though?

2012 WRX Waggon

nah - ur safe mate, theres no chance the wife will let me get an exhaust :(.

tryin to wangle a viper for christmas though :devilish:.

clio 20v

yeh mate fuk off standard sh*te an get a decent zorst on there

no cash get it on credit card there plastic fantastic hehe

adi

2012 WRX Waggon

adi - ull bankrupt me LOL.

Hey is there ANYTHING standard left on ur motor? (apart from the fag lighter) LOL.