ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much is my Cup worth

Nissan R35 GT-R

Hi guys,

Im thinking of selling the Cup and replacing it.

8,000 miles
Almost exactly a year old (52 reg)
2 years of factory warranty left
R-Sport ECU
Otherwise standard
How much should I be asking for? I was thinking somewhere in the region of £10,000?

Nissan R35 GT-R

Nothings for sure yet, but Im looking at an Evo V GSR. The insurance is a bit much (£2,500) but you get what you pay for :)

Nissan R35 GT-R

Looking at other prices I think I can get more like £11,000 for it (or at least advertise at that price).

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Frosty on 17 September 2003

Looking at other prices I think I can get more like £11,000 for it (or at least advertise at that price).
Sounds good mate...

Means I can run mine for a year and sell it for more than I paid new! ;)

Nissan R35 GT-R

I was one of those impatient people who had to have it when it first came out. Paid the full list price of £12,995.

I was told it was strictly limited to 500 UK cars so didnt think Id have much standing trying to do a deal.

Quote: Originally posted by Rich-D on 17 September 2003

Sounds good mate...

Means I can run mine for a year and sell it for more than I paid new! ;)

By the time yours is a year old it will have had a new engine, gear box (again), clutch, suspension and a full respray;)

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

I was one of those impatient people who had to have it when it first came out. Paid the full list price of £12,995.

I was told it was strictly limited to 500 UK cars so didnt think Id have much standing trying to do a deal.
Yeah, I "nearly" bought one last year when theyd just come out, but at the time I wasnt in a position to do so after just buying a house, so I went for that 306 Rallye.

Was also told there were gonna be 500 Cups and no discount at the time.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Neil82cup on 18 September 2003

Quote: Originally posted by Rich-D on 17

By the time yours is a year old it will have had a new engine, gear box (again), clutch, suspension and a full respray
Might as well keep it then, as it will be like a new car! ;)

Anyway, I like it again now and if it behaves Ill keep it...

Cuppy, do it now before the clio falls apart and is worth nothing ! Honest though, sold my 172 at the weekend for 9.8K it was a 52 with 9k on it.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Cuppy 172 on 18 September 2003

Honda offered my 10.5K for my cup against a new CTR
What age/miles?

Might see how much theyll offer me for my 2 month old Cup...

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by George16v on 18 September 2003

Why would you want to sell your Clio Cup for a sporty MPV, lol
Theyre built better...

Suzuki SV1000S

Rich-D, Have you ever been inside one. I feel you have been mislead. I test drove one of these before the cup, But interior was sh*t, you tap the doors front or back and it is soooo plasticy. Would agree if you mean engine is better (japanese always good for modding)

Spec C 12.5@110 (345/355)

I dont think the plastics are low grade, theyre better than the 172, and I have no goddamn annoying rattles. It must of took, oooo, about 100 miles on my 172 before the rattles began!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Rich-D, Have you ever been inside one. I feel you have been mislead. I test drove one of these before the cup, But interior was sh*t, you tap the doors front or back and it is soooo plasticy. Would agree if you mean engine is better (japanese always good for modding)
Yes, several times as a couple of my mates have them!

They have a lot less faults than a Clio though...

Quote: Originally posted by Rich-D on 18 September 2003

Yes, several times as a couple of my mates have them!

They have a lot less faults than a Clio though...

Depends on Cup!

Nissan R35 GT-R

The CTR I drove was pieced together very well indeed. Had 4k miles on it and felt really nice. I still think the Cup is a lot more fun though.

When the original 172 came out I seem to remember them saying that that would be a ltd edition too !

I rang up my local dealer at the time and the Fat-ar5ed rep was like "yeh only going to be a few in RHD, better order one now if you want one.. bollox bollox bollox"

Only limited by your imagination more like ...:eek:

If someone was going to buy a second hand 172/Cup is there anyway for them to tell what warrenty works been done to it (i.e will Renault tell you) save someone buying a Friday afternoon car.

Ive been wondering this too as the majority of people will say no if you ask them, after all they just want to sell their cars! Isnt there some sort of record kept of wartanty work carried out thats retained with the cars documentation?

If I was buying a second hand 172/Cup I sure as hell wouldnt want one that has never been out of the garage in the first 6 months of its life, imagine what these Friday afternoon cars will be like in 3/4 years!! The faults might die down but you never know.