ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

i had skidded today and my front passenger wheel hit the curb then the back wheel did

G

garcha

The alignment of the steering wheel inst straight, and when i drive above 50mph, the steering wheel can shake?
Both alloys are scuffed and the Tyre was 2..

Any ideas how to fix the problem. ?

Is it anything major ?

Last edited by a moderator:
  Clio 182 FF cup'd
Re: i had skidded today and my front passenger wheel hit the curb then the back wheel

sounds Fuc*ed

182+1.5DCI+S2000
Re: i had skidded today and my front passenger wheel hit the curb then the back wheel

Take it to a good type place and get them to align the steering and check it when its up on the ramp

RDH

ClioSport Club Member

Sounds ruined mate.

On a lighter note, that is the best thread title ever.

Lotus Elise

Possible bent wheels and knackered wheel bearings, bent steering arm, could have bent the rear stub axle or beam.

Slow down!

Last edited:
G

garcha

i wasnt driving that fast to be fair, probs abt 20mph..

RDH

ClioSport Club Member

How did you manage to skid at 20mph?

Lotus Elise

I love these threads. :D

G

garcha

took the wrong turning, tried correcting my self, then their was gravel on the road which made me loose grip on the road..

Lotus Elise

I love these threads.

172Cup

Driving lessons required.... Or new tyres if you managed to skid and do damage at 20mph

182, 6r GTi

he had a close call pooed a little then hit the curb thats how :). posibly buckled wheels alignment knocked way out and all of the above realy.

182+1.5DCI+S2000

I did this in my 182... some tard put fairy liquid all over the road near the beach, i was going slow turned in BAM same as you took it to a type place they sorted it guess i was lucky...

RDH

ClioSport Club Member

I can't understand why there would be gravel in a McDonalds carpark...

RS6 C7

Buckled wheel or two probably and steering alignment, People need to learn how to answer a question not jump on him and tell him how to drive..

M135i

Where in Northampton was the gravel pit?

G

garcha

nah it wasn't in Northampton, near rugby..

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

Diesel? Black Ice? Unicorn piss?

Get it to a local tyre place or a garage that knows what they're doing.

Thread title... amazing nonsense.

Lotus Elise

Buckled wheel or two probably and steering alignment, People need to learn how to answer a question not jump on him and tell him how to drive.

Post #9

M135i

Where near Rugby? If its Daventry side, thats my patch.

G

garcha

near the a4304

any pics of damage so we can pass on advice.

G

garcha

the damage isnt that bad, few scuffs here and there..

G

garcha

more worried about the steering..

CBR1000RR Fireblade

Wow, just wow. You lost control of your car in a skid at 20mph?

Were you advised to wear armbands when eating soup?

well its not going to fix itself. Get it to a dealer asap. bet you've smashed at least one bearing though... just hope you've not bent a hub nut, that WILL be expensive.

stick to 15mph next time.

Pics will help but from what you've said, it could be loads of things. All of what Sam said.

Take it to a garage and ask them to look at it.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep

Usually you can drive through it so if it shakes at 50mph it'll be fine at 100mph.

Last edited:
  GTiR 394bhp

Take the wheels off and put them in a bath of hot water- then post pics of before and after so we can see if its fixed it.

Fiesta ST-3

Going on the thread title, how did your front wheel manage to hit the curb and then hit your back wheel as well? :S

Yozz'd up 182

I was in rugby today aswell ha.

I know that road, where did you hit it and how?!

Trophy #387

I did this in my 182... some tard put fairy liquid all over the road near the beach, i was going slow turned in BAM same as you took it to a type place they sorted it guess i was lucky...

Fairy liquid?

now i've heard it all

I'm actually lost for words.

I did actually just read that, I'm not hallucinating?

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3

I did actually just read that, I'm not hallucinating?

LOL, I had to re-read it a few times. Genuinely laughing at fairy liquid!

OP, sounds like a buckled wheel. Besy bet is get it on the ramps.

May as well have been doing 80 mph at night with your lights off IIRC. Same risk.