ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I Just Got an Immense Deal On A 182

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
Cup packs add value and and hold value better because they were factory extras thats the main reason.

Hub spacing is different aswell iirc.

to what point does that command a premium in relation to the value of the car.... i reckon less than the lower mileage

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
to what point does that command a premium in relation to the value of the car.... i reckon less than the lower mileage

Well in that way you could say a low milage 182 is worth more than a 30K trophy its not, beacuse the trophy is a better car the same way, a cup packed 182 is a better standard car than a uncupped one.

Low mileage is good agreed mine only has 26K on it but 9k suggests a car thats never been driven if it was something like a Vee that had been kept as a special car i could understand it more. but a 9K 182 is going to be a town car and need a good thrashing to get up to speed ;) Milage is good 90K PH1 are quicker than 25K 182s :quiet:

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Milage is good 90K PH1 are quicker than 25K 182s :quiet:

Agreed.

However don't forget the other components have done 90k aswell. Suspension will not be at it's best if it's still original etc etc.

A low milage 182 just needs a good thrashing and a few oil changes to loosen it up.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Agreed.

However don't forget the other components have done 90k aswell. Suspension will not be at it's best if it's still original etc etc.

A low milage 182 just needs a good thrashing and a few oil changes to loosen it up.

A looked after and well serviced high milage car can feel just as new as a newish car though. aslong as its had owners that have cared for it and changed the parts when needed and everything done properly.

You also see some sub 20Kers that are fucked due to people not giving a s**t about them. its not the cars its the owners and FSH thats the interesting bit :p

Polo Bluemotion
I dont understand why everyone is slating the guy :S Everyone is entitled to their opinions. The fact of the matter is, as i have recently found out when trading mine in, when he comes to trade this in, all the traders do is look at the car, the age, if it has FSH and mileage. They generally couldnt give a sh*t if you have changed the oil every 5k miles, always used genuine parts etc. On a like for like car, Less miles= better trade in, when the time comes.

My 2nd car was a 3 years old ex mobility 3 door 1.2 clio i got from BCA auctions. When i got it, it had done a touch under 8k in its 3years. Between picking it up, and trading it in around 18m later with 38k on the clock, it was faultless.

Anyway, enjoy the car, sounds very nice :approve:

172 Cup & Clio dci Van
THATS MY OLD CAR...ITS CAT C WRITEOFF got t-boNed!

only joking just thought i would be a c*nt seems like a good buy! nice one

320d
Can of worms saying you got an immense deal tbh.

Unless you got the car for £500 and the guy let you shag his wife......

If your happy with it thats all that should matter.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
^^ what he said, not a really cheap car, but was an ok average price.

120d M Sport
Thing is if he'd said a low price certain people on here would have said "something dodgy about that mate bet its got this n that wrong with it, I'd of spent an extra few hundred to make sure it was a good un" guy cant win lol

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Re: I Just Got a Emense Deal On A 182

You get what you pay for in cars with over 100k, nuff said! :D

bought my dci with 140k on the clock, in a year its cost me £350 to tax and insure it for a year, £30 to change oil and its averaged 60mpg in the 10k ive done so far

a clio with 140k can be better to drive and more reliable than a 30k miles one.

on the subject of this guys car, if millage is genuine then thats brilliant will be worth more than the rest if he keeps it low, yes it needs belts done but once thats done hes got a mega low millage 182 with belts done, will sell it no problem!

Roffle at this thread and the tree hugging anti-CS conspiracy theorists. All threads on here or any forum for that matter get their share of both positive and negative responses. Just because the guy has bought a Clio doesn't mean everyone is going to suck his c**k.

The thread isn't about patting him on the back because he's got a 182, it's about the immense bargain he got, which isn't actually an immense bargain at all, hence some of the replies. It's not rocket science FFS.

I can confirm the mileage is genuine.
Its only done 1k though since March 08 when the first bonnet catch recall was done though....

Better than yours. C*nt.
6k for an 04, and you need to spend another 500-1000 on belts for it?

Congrats, you paid the same for an 04 Clio as I got selling to a dealer around a year ago for a 54 Clio.

Wow, what an 'emense' deal.

on the look out
im hoping to do a deal on a 54 plate 182ff this weekend with only 5795 on the clock and yes 1st thing is getting both belts done

Better than yours. C*nt.

its a renault FFS, they are built to be ragged, and lets be honest, they are pretty reliable.

FFS you C.Unit, I just fell off my chair.

In 2 years:

My 182 had a second MOT, and after flying through the first one it had around a grand's worth of work needing doing. All the boot wiring to the O/S/R light cluster had to be changed, the lambda sensors had to be changed, the exhaust had rotted through, the brake disks were warped... It had done 500 miles between MOTs, all of which were done normal road driving from my house to Birmingham, on dry days.

My Megane GT dCi ate a turbo, intercooler and associated pipework. No explanation from Renault, but I'm damned glad that they had to foot the £2000 bill.

My Clio dCi 80 had a rattle, exhaust rot, knackered steering wheel, poorly cold starting.

TBH I think you may have mistaken the frogs for the sausage-noshers.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
i test dove a 51 plate 172 with 11k on it, whats the point TBH

Better than yours. C*nt.
i wouldnt worry ttooooo much about the cambelt

*snap* *crunch* *smash*.

That'll be the belt snapping, followed by the valves meeting the pistons, followed by the belt hitting the bonnet at an insane speed and denting the bonnet from the inside.

FFS you C.Unit, I just fell off my chair.

In 2 years:

My 182 had a second MOT, and after flying through the first one it had around a grand's worth of work needing doing. All the boot wiring to the O/S/R light cluster had to be changed, the lambda sensors had to be changed, the exhaust had rotted through, the brake disks were warped... It had done 500 miles between MOTs, all of which were done normal road driving from my house to Birmingham, on dry days.

My Megane GT dCi ate a turbo, intercooler and associated pipework. No explanation from Renault, but I'm damned glad that they had to foot the £2000 bill.

My Clio dCi 80 had a rattle, exhaust rot, knackered steering wheel, poorly cold starting.

TBH I think you may have mistaken the frogs for the sausage-noshers.

Sounds like you were unlucky tbh. I've owned 3 clio's now and not really had anything go wrong with them.

Granted they arent VW reliable, but they are not bad.