ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I may have to sell the Clio after all l’ve done to it

Land Rover
I’ve really nowhere to keep it. I was hoping to get it in the garage but have just spent all evening trying to configure it.
Trouble is, the garage contains mountain bikes, the lawn mower, my motorcycle, my boat, plus boxes of other junk.
I eventually managed to get the car in by ejecting various items but l could only get out through the tailgate.
And then the motorcycle had to be squeezed in behind it.
So if the car was in the garage it would never get used.
I had a feeling this might happen.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I’ve really nowhere to keep it. I was hoping to get it in the garage but have just spent all evening trying to configure it.
Trouble is, the garage contains mountain bikes, the lawn mower, my motorcycle, my boat, plus boxes of other junk.
I eventually managed to get the car in by ejecting various items but l could only get out through the tailgate.
And then the motorcycle had to be squeezed in behind it.
So if the car was in the garage it would never get used.
I had a feeling this might happen.

I know this must be a troll. There’s no way you’re simultaneously a) intelligent enough to earn enough money to own a boat, and b) stupid enough not to realise you can keep the car outside.

If these were to be shown as a ven diagram, the two circles simply would not align.

And for that reason, I’m out.

Ph2 172, 106 Rallye
Unless it's a track car with plexiglass and the bonnet/boot on pins etc. or you live in a heavily car-related crime area, leave it outside.

I know this must be a troll. There’s no way you’re simultaneously a) intelligent enough to earn enough money to own a boat, and b) stupid enough not to realise you can keep the car outside.

If these were to be shown as a ven diagram, the two circles simply would not align.

And for that reason, I’m out.
Don't forget, and spend two grand on it only a week ago.
Madness!

As others have said, why not park it on the road? My gf and I need to buy another car but we only have one space, and no garage. I'm not selling the Clio though - I'm going to park it about 50 metres away from my house (the nearest spot available).

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I park my car a minute walk away from my front door when there's no designated space available, felt dodgy for the first week or two but it's fine. Just a car.

Land Rover
Well l wish l never said anything now!! Those were my thoughts after spending ages trying to sort out the garage last night, but in the light of day yes, it can live outside.

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Well l wish l never said anything now!! Those were my thoughts after spending ages trying to sort out the garage last night, but in the light of day yes, it can live outside.

Ourageous- a car of such magnificence should have a nice cosy warm garage....

Ph2 172, 106 Rallye

Have you looked at those Keter plastic lawnmower/bike storage containers in argos etc? I got two of them and it cleared up half the space in my garage.

http://www.argos.co.uk/browse/home-...s/garden-storage-boxes-and-cupboards/c:29485/

^^those yokes. I've a big one that holds two bins and another for the mower and other crap. Think I got both in a sale for under £200 about two years ago and they're still like new. Just hit them with the snowfoam/power washer now and again.

Ph2 172, 106 Rallye
Alternatively, if you were only to use the clio occasionally and money isn't an issue, you could enquire about storage locally.

Land Rover
It’ll be fine. I want to be able to get at the Clio and use it, the car is not for leaving in storage.
The reason l wanted to garage it, is because it’s such a good one. If only the last owner of our house hadn’t converted the double garage into a single.

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
It’ll be fine. I want to be able to get at the Clio and use it, the car is not for leaving in storage.
The reason l wanted to garage it, is because it’s such a good one. If only the last owner of our house hadn’t converted the double garage into a single.

Your lucky- last owner of my house converted the garage into a bedroom!
I converted into a sports room (Big TV with SKY/BT footie)

Thats why I am looking for a decent car cover LOL

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Every time I see a house where someone parks their s**t car in their garage instead of turning it into a games room with a pool table and strippers, a part of me dies.

Land Rover
I kept my Ferrari in the garage and that wasn’t a s**t car!

But putting your daily driver away at night can be worse than leaving it outside, as it doesn’t dry out and condensation nibbles away at it.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
I kept my Ferrari in the garage and that wasn’t a s**t car!

But putting your daily driver away at night can be worse than leaving it outside, as it doesn’t dry out and condensation nibbles away at it.

And where did the bikes and other dross go?

Could be worse, our house has a garage placed at an angle to the house so that no normal (today sized) car can physically get round the corner and into the garage. The garage was one of the reasons we bought it.

Oh and - Worst I own a Ferrari thread ever ?

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member

We have/had a car port thing, was properly amazing in winter as it'd keep the frost off so you could just jump in the car and go.
I can understand people garaging their car at night if thats the reason.

Land Rover
Yes there is that.
Even with a heated screen l would be sat in my van for ten minutes sometimes when it was iced up in winter.
And with the Defender after ten minutes l’m still trying to get in, as the doors are frozen shut.
“Honey, why is my hairdryer outside on the drive”