ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I really do hope someone didn't beat one of you in a 1.8 corsa!

ITB BG 182
Oh give in your lot, they all drive corsa's that are basically upgraded novas an they have to protect there rep man innit.

Astra van,Mk1 nova
Oh give in your lot, they all drive corsa's that are basically upgraded novas an they have to protect there rep man innit.

now now! i own a corsa b and a mk1 nova also;)

there is not a chance that a corsa c 1.8 sri would keep with the 172:rolleyes: i had a tussle with one before and put it to shame! They just seem like a bunch on neds with nothing else to do apart from big up there corsa c bad boi's

MCS R56
You can only smile at these chavs. All the chat about "they are slow (Clio)for a 2.0, innit" is just funny.

Even if 'the race' did pan out as the chav said, good on him for proving nothing. I once let a 1.2 twinport "own me" down a dual carriageway. He must have been nursing a semi when he left me.

RenaultSport 172.
spikedjack was sticking up for us..

...only becuase he wants a LY 182 :)

...his corsa is by far not chav ;)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
You can only smile at these chavs. All the chat about "they are slow (Clio)for a 2.0, innit" is just funny.

Even if 'the race' did pan out as the chav said, good on him for proving nothing. I once let a 1.2 twinport "own me" down a dual carriageway. He must have been nursing a semi when he left me.
:lolup:
gaz thats a class idea mate a had to laugh i can see his face and the stories he must be telling now!

Dodgy one
but i beat two boy racers yesterday
:lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup:

I'd never own a vauxhall IMO driven by older people and have a grandad image None of the VXRs are to my taste either, I owned a corsa once, thats all though ONCE :clown: never again. Ive had 3 french cars now and probrably would have another.

1.8 Corsa pffft My VTR had a few of them and a CSs way faster than a Saxo, Clios hardly fast though, Its pokey Probrably the fastest you'l get in a small car from the factory

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
what a stupid c**k, wait for the thread "raced a clio v6 2 day in my 1.8 corsa, nothing init"

i get really wound up with people like this, makes me wanna punch s**t!

Corsa= clit car, cus every c***s got 1

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
lol i mean in genral round my way mc donalds and focus car park is full of "rude boys" in their old 1.0-1.2 corsa, its like a plauge i would say:rasp:

Clio 172 Cup
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Christmas has come early for the Clio Renaultsport 182 Cup thanks to both Autocar and Evo magazine respectively declaring the Clio ‘Britain’s Best Budget Performance Car’ and the ‘Best Hot Hatch ever’, proving the Clio Renaultsport 182 Cup should be top of your Christmas wish list![/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In a search to find ‘Britain’s Best Budget Performance Car’ by Autocar, out of the eight cars tested, Clio Renaultsport 182 Cup was the clear winner beating the VW Golf GTi, Subaru Impreza WRX, Ford Fiesta ST, Mini Cooper S, Mazda MX-5 1.8i Sport, BMW 120d and Citroen C2 VTS. [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Not only did Clio fend off all of its direct competitors, it also managed the best lap time during the tests at a staggering 51.4 seconds, almost half a second ahead of its nearest challenger, the £20,000 Subaru Impreza WRX. The Clio Renaultsport 182 Cup is an impressive new addition to the performance car market since going on sale in September this year.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]As well as hailing the Clio Renaultsport 182 Cup as ‘Britain’s Best Budget Performance Car’, Autocar also heaps even more praise on the car. "If the purpose of this test is simply to find the most fun car you can buy for under £20,000, then the Renault wins hands down, thank you and good night."[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Autocar judges also concluded; "Where it mattered, for raw driver thrills, the Renault blew us and its rivals away by such a clear margin it was hard to believe it was also the third-cheapest car of the group. [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"You are totally captivated by it, drawn in by its frenetic energy and pace when you feel like going quickly, and you can go from A to B comfortably the rest of the time. As a package it is compellingly complete. You might consider paying a lot more than £13,800 for this kind of fun."[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Clio Renaultsport 182 Cup’s successful streak continues in Evo magazine’s Car of the Year 2004 issue out now. [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Clio beat off stiff competition from a number of super fast cars including new Porsche Boxster, Maserati Gransport, Lotus Elise 111R and class rivals Mini Cooper S and the VW Golf GTi, to finish in joint second place in Evo’s Car of the Year 2004, behind and alongside two cars costing twice and four times the price. [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Evo tested 15 cars in total, which is its biggest line up to date for the competition, with the Clio Renaultsport 182 Cup being narrowly beaten to the top spot by the £30,000 Lotus Exige and overall winner, the £60,000 Porsche 911 S. [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]John Barker, Evo’s motoring editor and part of the judging panel, hailed the Clio Renaultsport 182 Cup as being, "the best hot hatch ever, unequivocally", which is high praise indeed, especially given the competition the car was up against. [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Fellow judge and Editor of Evo magazine, Peter Tomalin also piled on the compliments for the Clio Renaultsport 182 Cup; "I had the most incredible drive in the Clio. It’s just so playful and so alert, you can feel every tiny response to the steering, the throttle, the brakes. It really is that good." [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Whilst the Porsche 911 S could narrowly hold off the Clio Renaultsport 182 Cup from scooping top honours, the 182 Cup did beat off some impressive models, including the recently launched VW Golf GTi and one of its similar sized competitors, Mini Cooper S, which finished in seventh and eight respectively in the competition. [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Clio Renaultsport 182 Cup finished well ahead of the New Porsche Boxster, Lotus 111R, Impreza Type 25, VW Golf GTi, Mini Cooper S, Evo MR-340, Maserati Gransport, Mercedes SLK350, Vauxhall VX220R, Monaro VXR, Ariel Atom and Audi RS6 Plus.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]These latest accolades for Clio Renaultsport 182 Cup’s has topped off what has been a remarkable year all round for Clio Renaultsport, with rave reviews for both the Clio Renaultsport 182 launched at the start of the year, as well as the Cup version and the awesome Clio Renaultsport V6 255. It has also been a successful year in terms of sales with the UK continuing to be the biggest market in Europe of Clio Renaultsports.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If you want to get your hands on ‘Britain’s Best Budget Performance car" and "the best hot hatch ever", the Clio Renaultsport 182 Cup is on sale now at £13,800 on the road."

Thats why i bought a Clio not a Corsa......
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

clio trophy No56
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Christmas has come early for the Clio Renaultsport 182 Cup thanks to both Autocar and Evo magazine respectively declaring the Clio ‘Britain’s Best Budget Performance Car’ and the ‘Best Hot Hatch ever’, proving the Clio Renaultsport 182 Cup should be top of your Christmas wish list![/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In a search to find ‘Britain’s Best Budget Performance Car’ by Autocar, out of the eight cars tested, Clio Renaultsport 182 Cup was the clear winner beating the VW Golf GTi, Subaru Impreza WRX, Ford Fiesta ST, Mini Cooper S, Mazda MX-5 1.8i Sport, BMW 120d and Citroen C2 VTS. [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Not only did Clio fend off all of its direct competitors, it also managed the best lap time during the tests at a staggering 51.4 seconds, almost half a second ahead of its nearest challenger, the £20,000 Subaru Impreza WRX. The Clio Renaultsport 182 Cup is an impressive new addition to the performance car market since going on sale in September this year.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]As well as hailing the Clio Renaultsport 182 Cup as ‘Britain’s Best Budget Performance Car’, Autocar also heaps even more praise on the car. "If the purpose of this test is simply to find the most fun car you can buy for under £20,000, then the Renault wins hands down, thank you and good night."[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Autocar judges also concluded; "Where it mattered, for raw driver thrills, the Renault blew us and its rivals away by such a clear margin it was hard to believe it was also the third-cheapest car of the group. [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"You are totally captivated by it, drawn in by its frenetic energy and pace when you feel like going quickly, and you can go from A to B comfortably the rest of the time. As a package it is compellingly complete. You might consider paying a lot more than £13,800 for this kind of fun."[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Clio Renaultsport 182 Cup’s successful streak continues in Evo magazine’s Car of the Year 2004 issue out now. [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Clio beat off stiff competition from a number of super fast cars including new Porsche Boxster, Maserati Gransport, Lotus Elise 111R and class rivals Mini Cooper S and the VW Golf GTi, to finish in joint second place in Evo’s Car of the Year 2004, behind and alongside two cars costing twice and four times the price. [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Evo tested 15 cars in total, which is its biggest line up to date for the competition, with the Clio Renaultsport 182 Cup being narrowly beaten to the top spot by the £30,000 Lotus Exige and overall winner, the £60,000 Porsche 911 S. [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]John Barker, Evo’s motoring editor and part of the judging panel, hailed the Clio Renaultsport 182 Cup as being, "the best hot hatch ever, unequivocally", which is high praise indeed, especially given the competition the car was up against. [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Fellow judge and Editor of Evo magazine, Peter Tomalin also piled on the compliments for the Clio Renaultsport 182 Cup; "I had the most incredible drive in the Clio. It’s just so playful and so alert, you can feel every tiny response to the steering, the throttle, the brakes. It really is that good." [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Whilst the Porsche 911 S could narrowly hold off the Clio Renaultsport 182 Cup from scooping top honours, the 182 Cup did beat off some impressive models, including the recently launched VW Golf GTi and one of its similar sized competitors, Mini Cooper S, which finished in seventh and eight respectively in the competition. [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Clio Renaultsport 182 Cup finished well ahead of the New Porsche Boxster, Lotus 111R, Impreza Type 25, VW Golf GTi, Mini Cooper S, Evo MR-340, Maserati Gransport, Mercedes SLK350, Vauxhall VX220R, Monaro VXR, Ariel Atom and Audi RS6 Plus.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]These latest accolades for Clio Renaultsport 182 Cup’s has topped off what has been a remarkable year all round for Clio Renaultsport, with rave reviews for both the Clio Renaultsport 182 launched at the start of the year, as well as the Cup version and the awesome Clio Renaultsport V6 255. It has also been a successful year in terms of sales with the UK continuing to be the biggest market in Europe of Clio Renaultsports.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If you want to get your hands on ‘Britain’s Best Budget Performance car" and "the best hot hatch ever", the Clio Renaultsport 182 Cup is on sale now at £13,800 on the road."[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thats why i bought a Clio not a Corsa......[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Think someone needs to post this on the corsa web site;) .

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Yeah but dat corsa is reelly fast and dat, coz a the tints and 17 inch wheels innit?

What alot of gash. The 1800cc Corsa, every burberry clad arseholes wet dream.

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
what a stupid c**k, wait for the thread "raced a clio v6 2 day in my 1.8 corsa, nothing init"

i get really wound up with people like this, makes me wanna punch s**t!

Corsa= clit car, cus every c**ts got 1
there is a reason for this though. there good cars for the money you pay to run / they cost.

lol this is still going on?. . .look we know they know. . .end of =]
tbh that guy should have his pwn program called ''chatting sh1t''
;)

Impreza WRX
Ha ha - Just messaged the guy......... Here is his reply.

'aup mate,

i know what a clio sport is capable of, one of my mates had one a year back n i know that they are faster as proved on paper.

i did beat the guy in that clio sport, maybe cus i was a better driver etc but the main thing is i set myself out to prove my point against him and succeeded. if ide of beaten a saxo vtr or equivelant i wouldnt of posted a thread about it. i knew it would attract ppl like you hu dont believe me n i dont blame you n yeh you might find it hard to believe but it happened mate wether u or anyone else believes me or not.

cheers.gif
'

I like the way he put aup mate. lol

what a c0ck !

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
I dont think there is anything wrong with his reply, why you calling him a c*ck?

It possible the corsa could have beaten him if the clio got a horrible start. I bet the clio wasn't even racing!

Some proper chavs on that website I bet the average age is like 17, you can tell that as none of them know what there talking about and there all trying to big up their chav chariots.

I quite like the Corsa, its a well built cheap car its just way out the clios league in terms of performance. You buy a Corsa for different reasons.

Petrol Blue 182.
my mates 1.8 is puting out close to 170 break... theres been a few threads on here bout it because hes stuck wit a few 172s

clio trophy No56
my mates 1.8 is puting out close to 170 break... theres been a few threads on here bout it because hes stuck wit a few 172s

If its 170bhp then it probably would keep up but standard they are only like 123bhp or something.
I love these threads that never end:rasp: .

Megane Mk4
Note to oneself..

I must stop myself using my 1.2 16v to race 1.8 SXi Corsa's as it doesn't get me anywhere but last place. But then mine is a RenaultSport Clio 2.0 as it has a RS grill on now and gives it that extra 100 Bhp right?!? :S

Seriously though, fair play to him beating another car at silly speeds on open roads, best give him a medal for his overall performance of being a complete idiot.

Motorbikes
Hilarious thread.... the best bit being on page 5 when someone reckons that the "Clio Sport" came with three different engine versions... a 1.4 8v, 2.0 16v and "another one".

Lol I read this too and LOLd. That site is full of f@nnies.

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
This single quote is the funniest thing on there:

clio sport would own a corsa 1.8 easy but if u was like half a second quicker dumping the clutch at the traffic lights then ud be say 1.5secs quicker to 60 so reaction time at the lights is key

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Heh, I'm not even gonna click the link, it's Corsa Sport FFS, nothing on there resembles the truth/normal people/non-c***s. But my mate used to own a 1.8 SRi, it wasn't fast by any vague stretch of the imagination.

Dan

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Is it me?

Or is the only thing better than a thread titled "My Clio beat a Porsche"

A thread with the title resembling "Look what these guys on the internets are saying about our cars!!!11!"