ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I think I've done ok here! Bought my 172!

Black 172
I bought a 172, 3 days ago, for £1,400!

car1.gif

It came with 3 days left on the MoT, which means the old one expired today. I expected to have to shell out a few hundred more to get it through, but I took it in today and it passed! :eek:

It's had the cambelt done at 79k (it has 96k now) in June 2010, with receipt. It drives great! I've taken it for two country road spins and absolutely love it.

car2.gif

The interior is in great condition and even the steering wheel is Ok. Everything just seems to work. There's a few scratches and a bumper crack on the exterior, but for the price I paid I couldn't care less!

I am very happy with it and glad I bought a 172.

The most annoying thing now is that I want to go out in it, but I daren't run the risk of using it any more than I have, because it has no tax. I can't tax it until my Insurance Certificate arrives, and I can't do it online because the V5 address won't be updated yet! Torture! :)

Looks a nice buy mate, id be feeling well chuffed right about now with that on my drive and only 1400 notes out my wallet!

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Might want to take that strip of gaffa-tape off the number plate ;)

VickyX had best organise another meet soon...

Where abouts in Essicks are you ?

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Bloody hell, bargain.

Steering wheel looks mint and unmelted, too.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Needs new headlight washers, but still, steal of a price.

Good tyres all round etc?

Flame Red 172
Bargain mate, count yourself lucky I paid 3 grand for mine and everythings gone wrong with it aswell ha

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
I would reserve judgement on price until you leave the MOT station.....

Steve

Black 172
Cheers ;) Had it over 2 weeks now and all it's needed is petrol. Still love it.
Exterior wise it's not the best 172 out there, but the interior makes up for it and it's mechanically sound, and for £1400 that's all that matters tbh.
No plans except to treat it to a good service (inc. gearbox oil) next week. I'll look in to the washer jet issue. TBH, I've never owned a car with xenons/headlight washer jets before, and didn't even notice there was a problem with them, oops. :D