ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Icemans Britcar Endurance project 182

182cup & 172 racecar
Which is adjustable via the pedals? Sorry having a dense night :)

obp0001pr.jpg

If you look at the knob in the pic,you will see it's attached to a cable that goes to the brakes,behind the pedal you will see two reservoirs,the balance bar is located in the middle of these two and will apply more pressure to either front or rear at a twist of a dial,not like these other things you see in cars.

obp0001pr.jpg

BMW Z4
The car Returns :)

Here are some quick pictures of the cage and the paint job they did. I am very pleased :approve:

cage1.jpg

cage2.jpg

cage3.jpg

cage4.jpg

cage5.jpg

cage6.jpg

cage7.jpg

cage8.jpg

cage9.jpg

cage10.jpg

cage11.jpg

cage12.jpg

cage13.jpg

cage14.jpg

cage15.jpg

cage16.jpg

cage17.jpg

cage18.jpg

cage19.jpg

More pics to follow as I now have an awfull lot to do :)

Last edited:
  BMW Z4
So I just nipped in the garage and did all this while the pics were uploading

First I finally fitted my top mounts after getting my special brackets back. You can also see in this shot the roll cage to the suspension tower.

fittopmount1.jpg

fittopmount2.jpg

fittopmount3.jpg

fittopmount4.jpg

Very happy with the top mounts. Although when I went to fit the bottom of the KW the bottom holes were not big enough for the standard bolt LOL This caused much head scratching between me and Matt and also a drive over to see him where we decided just to make them larger. The hole spacing was also out. Got em fitted now. Pics to follow :)

Mark.

BMW Z4
Yeh so can I :) £3256 for cage and paint but they also took all the brackets out and the floor ones too and then welded all the holes up. I like that they painted the front area where the air con used to be, looks nice in white. I have been drooling over it to be honest, very good quality workmanship.

182cup & 172 racecar
Looks very nice,it's just trying not to scratch it too much now while you put everything back in:(.I said they do a top quality job,but lots of dollar.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Can see where your moneys gone there..that cage looks amazing

Yeh so can I :) £3256 for cage and paint but they also took all the brackets out and the floor ones too and then welded all the holes up. I like that they painted the front area where the air con used to be, looks nice in white. I have been drooling over it to be honest, very good quality workmanship.

second both of these....
thats a f*ck load of work, just removing all the bits and bobs inside is a long job....

awesome mate, expect a pm regarding the window shortly

Golf GTD Mk7
very nice mark. White looks ace, but i'd be tip toeing in and out of it ;) Those top mounts look really good too.

BMW Z4
i cut mine back and tidied them up but these are totally removed,
you removed yours tony? it looks like they are only welded on in 3 bits? correct?

I had a look from underneath and it looks like they cut the whole lot out and then put a new plate back in.

Mark

BMW Z4
Can anyone tell me the rear stub axle tourque setting please? In the manual it says 17.5 Dnm which is 175nM but at that level there is a tight spot when I turn it? Feels too tight there!

Schma Schme 1.6l
Can anyone tell me the rear stub axle tourque setting please? In the manual it says 17.5 Dnm which is 175nM but at that level there is a tight spot when I turn it? Feels too tight there!

i work with 'tight is tight.....too tight is fucked'.

are you running camber adjusting shims? they'll have an impact on the settings?

172 cup, Impreza P1
Cage looks very impressive but looks twice as much steel as most fia cages I've seen. Is all the metal work absolutely necessary? Must weigh a ton.

182cup & 172 racecar
You'll be changing them every four meetings anyway.

Golf GTD Mk7
Fair one. Not too pricey though. Even less if you've got access to a bearing press :) presumably the stub axel itself is fine.

182cup & 172 racecar
Stub axle stays fine.
Good quality bearings are not cheap,we have looked into it,something like £58 each plus vat,so its just as easy to get the whole lot together from Renault for less than £100.