ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Icemans Britcar Endurance project 182

182cup & 172 racecar
Rule 19.9.2
Have any engine oil tank breather or overflow tube venting into atmosphere,led into catch tanks which a minimum capacity of 2 ltrs.For engine capacities in excess of 2ltrs the catch tank must be 3ltrs.

Blue book page 271 oil systems.

BMW Z4
Rule 19.9.2
Have any engine oil tank breather or overflow tube venting into atmosphere,led into catch tanks which a minimum capacity of 2 ltrs.For engine capacities in excess of 2ltrs the catch tank must be 3ltrs.

Blue book page 271 oil systems.

2 f**king litres ROFL Hmm methinks the one I have bought is about 500mil. Don't see that rule referenced in the TDT regs mind you. Which section is that in Tony?

Mark.

BMW Z4
I will check TDT regs again with organisers as I LOVE my little catch tank and want to use it :)

Cage fit and paint hmmm 3 grand lighter I am now!! Funny as in my spreadsheet for my build I had £500 down for cage costing ROFL. So much for my crap budgeting then.

Gonna change my water pump while the engine is out and also all my pulleys for ally ones too. Also putting a new clutch on it although have not decided on which one? Ideas?

TrackCar & F30 330d
My god £3k for a cage and paint! I thought my £1230 was a lot!

I think i know what cage you have gone for and it is pretty epic.

Get some pics up when you get it :)

182 trackday racer
Not hard to understand prices for custom built racecages. Building one myself at the moment and the time it takes, crazy.

Btw. Did you take any pictures of the door cards? bought a set to arrive in two weeks.

BMW Z4
My god £3k for a cage and paint! I thought my £1230 was a lot!

I think i know what cage you have gone for and it is pretty epic.

Get some pics up when you get it :)

IIRC it's

£2086 for the cage and £5 to £700 for the paint so just shy of 3k if he goes for the higher paint figure (hopes not)

Pics as soon as car is back :)

Golf GTD Mk7
Surely a GSF standard OE one (Valeo maybe) would be fine mate. TBH the factory fit ones are good really, its usually the GB that gives, not the clutch ;)

340i
The standard clutch with be perfectly fine for your application.... as said it will be the gearboxe that breaks before the clutch.

BMW Z4
Blew my Valeo standard one, ruined my gearbox :( Now I run Helix plate clutch, but if id by one today Id go for the Organic Helix one. (same as K-tec's) but Demon Tweeks have a better price even more so with your 10% ClioSport.net membership discount.

How you get that discount from tweeks? Just tell them at order time. What if you use their website for ordering? I have not been applying that so have done myself out of about 200 quid dohh

What does organic clutch mean? Do they grow them on a farm or something?

BMW Z4
Do we have an updated email address for the discount guy?

Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

john@demon-tweeks.co.uk
The e-mail address you entered couldn't be found. Please check the recipient's e-mail address and try to resend the message. If the problem continues, please contact your helpdesk.

182 trackday racer
  182 trackday racer
I run the race setup below. Organic plate is 70-5117 instead of 76-5117

8783_2010-06-02-p1030436.jpg

Last edited:
  Golf GTD Mk7
Blew my Valeo standard one, ruined my gearbox :( Now I run Helix plate clutch, but if id by one today Id go for the Organic Helix one. (same as K-tec's) but Demon Tweeks have a better price even more so with your 10% ClioSport.net membership discount.

Go easier with that left foot of yours ;) Standard ones are fine

182 trackday racer
Go easier with that left foot of yours ;) Standard ones are fine

Ya right.... If you had seen my 800km old pressureplate that broke in to pieces slashing the whole gearbox I think you would dissagree. Valeo confirmed structural faliure and paid for brand new gearbox and an everything else. Helix pressureplate is constructed in a much more rigid way so the same faliure would not happen.

But offcause Mark can always stay of the throttle in his competition car ;)

Golf GTD Mk7
Ya right.... If you had seen my 800km old pressureplate that broke in to pieces slashing the whole gearbox I think you would dissagree. Valeo confirmed structural faliure and paid for brand new gearbox and an everything else. Helix pressureplate is constructed in a much more rigid way so the same faliure would not happen.

But offcause Mark can always stay of the throttle in his competition car ;)

fair enough Marten ;) Sounds like a random occurance if valeo paid for the damage. That was decent of them btw :approve:

BMW Z4
This is from the Helix website by the way.

Clio 2 2.0 ltr 16v RS 182
2001-05

Application Type ø Cover Plate Bearing Spline
Road N 215 60-5112 70-5117 40-5109 22x 26T
Race/Rally N 215 60-5116 76-5117 40-5109 22x 26T

Mark

Last edited:
I'd love to see how that cage looks! Proper climbing frame ;)

I have the club version of that cage from custom cages. Awesome once it's in, but it did take a bit of work!

BMW Z4
I'd love to see how that cage looks! Proper climbing frame ;)

I have the club version of that cage from custom cages. Awesome once it's in, but it did take a bit of work!

Dan you and me both. My missus just does not get my joy and passion over bits of metal and anodised billet aluminium :( I guess you're either into engineering or you're not. She loves F1 though but not in her words ordinary car racing! Which covers anything and everything but single seaters!

Mark