ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Increasing Negative Camber Options

Clio 172 Ph1
Need to increase my negative camber on dedicated track car running on R888's.
The issue is that the front coilover body thickness prevents getting anymore than about -1.5 due to the inner edge of the tyre rubbing on the strut body.

Seems logical to consider moving the wheel out from the hub / disc to increase the gap and allow for more camber adjustment. Wheels spacers would do this but are a bit of a faff when changing wheels regularly and presume ably even with extended bolts, would put more stress on the wheel bearing ?

What other options do I have, I think you can add hub spacers on the rears but not sure about the front due to the driveshafts etc.

Appreciate your advice

172 Ph1
Hub spacers on the rear

Bolt to hub spacers on the front

Don't do bolt to hub spacers on the front , you'll have to remove all the wheels one by one to check its torque after a track outing . Plus i have heard of an instance where a wheel came off on track when the bolts holding the spacer came loose . Fit the type I have , only 4 nuts to check after an outing on track and no wheel removal . Win win from my perspective .

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456059481.112828.jpg

Without spacer
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456059696.696606.jpg

Clio 172 Ph1
They look interesting,
Are these just tightened into the standard threaded bolt holes ? Interested to know how to get these tight without crushing the thread if so?
or are they fed through the back of the disc ?
what width are the spacers?, the ones i have seen online seem to be 15mm or 16mm. Just wondering if I am then gonna cause the reverse issue of have the outside of the tyre rubbing the outer wheel arch ?
where did you get the kit from out of interest ?