ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance JOKE

listen to this guys came to get a quote at churchill under my mums name she got 11years ncd and clean record

anyway filling out the form putting in her details then mine as second (im 17) on a clio 1.2 16v 2005 got a quote for £860 thought f**ing wicked then noticed my name had miss instead of mr so changed it then the quote shot up to £1439.55 it takes the piss just coz im a guy they charging an extra £500+ its not my fault i got balls lol. No offence but i thought women were the worst drivers lol

That is pretty shocking mate!! both those quotes are quite high imo, i paid about £1k on my own in my first year, RT though, cant be much higher on insurance...

RS4

thats b****cks mate, i accidently got a quote on my name as being married, it was about a grand cheaper on my first 1.4 civic than when i told them that i wasnt married, thats weird so it means if im married im less likely to have an accident. :confused:

S2000

Try with CIS if you are putting it in you rmums name. Most companies now just charge hwoever much it would be for you to insure it in your own name but CIS are different.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

lol,, try putting you as the primary driver and ur mum 2nd...then see what u get! lol

dont insure yourself on your mums policy as a named driver... You will be driving the car, therefore you are the main driver of the vehicle.

It will only end in tears... get it insured in you own name and build up your NCD, its not worth taking a gamble on a brand new car. I reckon £1200 is a good figure to aim for with insurance in your own name.

Fubar, no chance! Im 17 will have pass plus and im paying £1700, thats after shopping around! Also in an A area for crime ( the least ). Parked on an enclosed driveway.

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

Quote: Originally posted by Mike172sport on 10 July 2005

Sexual discrimination that is I tell Thee:eek:
if it was the other way round thered be hell to pay an they wouldnt be allowed to do it

oh, well i was basing that on me with my old car... 2001 1.4 16v Alize, all mods declared and i paid £1080 when i was 18 with pass plus.

all im saying is... start your own policy to build your NCD. I did and now i have a 172 which is quite affordable.

:)

Polo + Micra

Quote: Originally posted by AJRMOTORSPORT on 11 July 2005
lol,, try putting you as the primary driver and ur mum 2nd...then see what u get! lol

this is what i did f**king well pleased with the result:D

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

same as fubar, your gonna have to have your own insurance at some point. i had my own from 17 an now have a 172 an a frs at 23!! my mates who had insuerance on there parents policy all have 1.4s etc cos they are now payin what i did 5 yrs ago!!

Quote: Originally posted by RS-Steve on 16 July 2005
Quote: Originally posted by Mike172sport on 10 July 2005Sexual discrimination that is I tell Thee:eek:[/QUOTE]if it was the other way round thered be hell to pay an they wouldnt be allowed to do it

Ditto that.

Imagine if people that were fat, coloured, foreign or homosexual had to pay extra, even if statistically they were a bigger risk.

There would a massive uproar and it would never be allowed. As usual the average bloke loses out!!!!