ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance

Clio Dynamique 1.6 16v
Just got a few quotes off the internet......

19 - 2 YEARS NO CLAIM

Seat Ibiza Cupra R - 1795

Any opinions, still 18 atm, but set the quote up for when I hit 19, would like get an RS clio but lowest ive got is 3k, so I thoguht about the cupra, and even that is quite high. Anyone on here around this age and insured on RS Clios, and not paying stupid money?

Cheers
Tom

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
£1200 on a 182 ... im 19 :D sorry just turned 20 but had the insurance for 6 months of being 19.

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
yeah own name ... whatever you do dont insure your car in your oparents name (i work for insurance - not admiral but).
its with admiral.

Clio Dynamique 1.6 16v
glasgow182 said:
yeah own name ... whatever you do dont insure your car in your oparents name (i work for insurance - not admiral but).
its with admiral.

Yea I know that is not good, its called fronting isn't it?

Can't believe 1200, wont be looking at rs clios for a while yet, but wanna know what to expect when I look to get a new car around October, and around 1200 on an RS clio is would I would look to pay.

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
yeah try it with you as the policy holder but your mum as a named driver.

Clio Dynamique 1.6 16v
Just got a quote on admiral, at £2012.72, with me as main driver, although that is the cheapest quite by far so far, but still way too much.

Clio Dynamique 1.6 16v
Just got another quote on a Ibiza Cupra on Admiral for 1450, over 700 pounds cheaper than a 172.

Renault Clio 172
I went onto Insurance Supermarket or something like that and they quoted me £1500 on the bf's Ibiza Cupra i'm 18 with one years ncb

(If you want an Ibiza Cupra the bf's is for sale ;) )

Monaco Blue Mk2
I did a quote on elephant, 19yrs old, 2yrs NCD, Mk1 172, £1500 I think it was roughly, but 3rd party fire an theft, partner or mum as named driver.

Clio Dynamique 1.6 16v
I think the Cupra is the cheapest so far, and I think come November time I will be looking at getting one, although not at the moment, as I love my car atm.

What are cupras like to own etc, I do like RS Clios, but just want a car with real german build quality, and having a turbo to play with:evil:

Renault Clio 172
ClarkyClio said:
I think the Cupra is the cheapest so far, and I think come November time I will be looking at getting one, although not at the moment, as I love my car atm.

What are cupras like to own etc, I do like RS Clios, but just want a car with real german build quality, and having a turbo to play with:evil:

The bf loves his and it is a fairly quick car as standard, surprises a lot of people!!!

He's never had any problems with his car apart from the central locking system going mad so he had a new alarm fitted to solve that. Hasn't had any problems with the engine and the traction control has saved him a couple of times. Think there is a website for Cupra owners- seatcupra.net or something like that.

With regards to engine parts for the car I think he found that VW were cheaper than Seat and most or all of the parts are the same as Seat parts anyways.

If you wanted to chat tohim about it i'm sure he wouldn't mind!