ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone in my 197

Harrow.

Can anyone recommend me an iPod kit that works with the iPhone and my 197? My head unit is the factory default with the 6 disc changer built into the dash.

I really dont want to lose quality of the music and i also dont want to buy the kit from Renault for £200.

I'm not bothered if it doesn't change tracks through the steering wheel stalk thing.

Hey,

Yeh i did/do. are you a member on there?

I will keep my eyes open for the tunepoint.

The one Floridadaz sells, do they work with the disc changer headunit? I know most of the wiring loom is actually under the drivers seat.

Any help would be great mate.

Strell

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman JCW
Yeah i was a member on there, but didn't really post that much. Remember seeing your saxo though was very nice and subtle, but still meaninful. (if that makes sense)
You could have a point there with the disc changer as i think the connection goes into the same one. Could you not replace the disc changer though as you could now connect your iphone?

Ah reet.

The disc changer is actually built into the dash/headunit so i think i would have to replace the whole headunit which i really cba to do.

Heres a picture.

DSC00084.gif

ive got a mutant headunit which i currently use with my iphone 3g, charges the phone and looses no sound quality. So if you were to look at new headunits then id recommend getting the mutant MT2001USBi.

Clio 197 ('08 R'Blue)
Hey,

I've got the same setup in my 197 with the cabasse 6 cd in dash changer. It's really easy to add an ipod input to this headunit - cost me about 50 pence for a lead to plug my iphone in!!!! Basically all you need to do it either buy a pre-made lead off eBay or make one up yourself like I did if you're confident soldering one up. Then, it's just a case of plugging it in to the headunit under the drivers seat and it's as simple as that! You then have a 3.5mm jack input which plays through the "AUX" option on your car stereo. If you want more details just drop me an e-mail - danjacko25@hotmail.com and I'll find you an instructional to do it. Hope this helps?!

Dan (Hull).