ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is a new 15" wheel/tyre combo the best way to spend next £1,000 on my 172 Cup?

Audi S3 & 172 Cup
My Cup is used for occasional road use and track days using the standard 16" Turinis with Toyo R888's.
Some guys have recommended to me to downsize to 15" wheels/tyres to improve on-track handling.
If I do this, I'd likely go down the new route (probably TD 1.2's with either R888 or Yoko A048) so it's going to cost the best part of £1K.
Is it worth it or should I be looking to spend the £1K on other upgrades?
I should say that I've already done suspension mods (B14 coilovers & AST mounts) & have done the standard brake upgrade (discs & pads). The engine is std apart from intake, exhaust and RS Tuner map. Got buckets & harnesses.
Appreciate any advice/opinions.

Listerine & Poledo
Sounds like a sound move.

Cheaper tyres at that size too.

although, in fairness, do you really do enough to justify waxing a grand on rims and boots for the occasional day? If your occasional track day happens to bethrashing down with rain then you may be worse off than just sticking with a set of good "road" tyres. COnti sports or similar

220 Trophy
I bought a set of 2118's with 888's filled with Nitrogen for a lot less than that at Demon Tweeks, may be worth giving them a call.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
You will be able to sell your current turinis (If they're tidy) without tyres for £250.

If they've got good tyres on, closer to £400.

Buy some secondhand 15 inch wheels (they're always popping up on here) and some brand new tyres.

You will save yourself a fortune.