ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is Trophy really much better than 182 FF with CUP packs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As above, my understanding is only the dampers and seats change between the two cars... is the Trophy really that much different to drive to 182 FF with CUP suspension?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
If in good condition the trophy dampers do perform better.

Its not night and day, but its a real difference.

Now Sold :-(
Special is an inferno 182 with both cup packs and the recaro seat upgrade. Only 18 of those left the factory.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
And the wheels and spoiler...

It will also feel 'special' as less than 500 now

The whole "less than 500" thing is a weird one really.

There were 3 colours of cup if you include the trophy:
Inferno they sold 168
Racing Blue they sold 371
Trophy they sold 500

So its actually the MOST common 182 cup not the least?

Evo 5 RS
lol I think people just grow attatched to the whole one of however many business. As technically it's still a limited edition. Like most things stamped with that label though, it doesn't really mean a lot. Would still always buy a Trophy now though if I ever bought a Mk2 again.

Trophy is the best package out of the box.

But if you plan to put coilovers on then it's pointless and you might as well get the much cheaper normal 182. Unless you specifically like the image.

Depends what your plans with the car are.

Track days, then get a 172 cup.

Daily driver, then get a 182FF. Or a Trophy if you have the extra money and like the exclusive image.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Are wheels lighter? I was just talking about driving impressions rather than looks... are wheels not the same as came on 172s?

Wheels are same as 172 cup (other than slight offset change)
Hubs are same as 182 cup
lights are same as all cups
spoiler is same as v6
colour is same (or very close if not identical) as mk1 valver

Only things unique to it really are the seats and the dampers

Trophy #491
If I could do it again, I'd have another Trophy. Still puts a smile on my face every time I sit in it

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Both in standard form yes, definitely.

Out of all clios though I'd most like to own a ph1 on coilovers.

Passat
The whole "less than 500" thing is a weird one really.

There were 3 colours of cup if you include the trophy:
Inferno they sold 168
Racing Blue they sold 371
Trophy they sold 500

So its actually the MOST common 182 cup not the least?

But it's not a Cup though is it.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
I wouldn't say a Trophy is MUCH better, but the Sachs dampers are better than the OEM dampers on a 182 Cup.

I think a better way to put it is, Trophys are much more sought after than the other varients. Watch Harry Metcalf's spiel about it on the Evo Diaries YouTube channel to get a feel for what they're all about.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Recaros 2nd hand cost £750ish sachs are 10x more than standard then turinis. Good value if you can get one for decent money. .

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I'd like a trophy. Just seem a little special to me. Nice little plaque on the seat too.....

Mind you, my seats have a nice little plaque on with 68/500 ;)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
But it's not a Cup though is it.

Renault said:
The latest addition to the range is the Clio Renaultsport 182 Trophy. With specific suspension settings for optimum road and track performance, the Trophy is the final and hottest edition of the Clio 182. Based on the Clio Renaultsport 182 Cup, the Trophy version is distinguished externally by its Capsicum Red paint, Trophy logos on both rear sills and the larger rear spoiler from the V6.

Its the Trophy limited edition version of the clio cup yes, well according to renault anyway.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
It's a Cup with posh dampers.

Its a little more than that to be fair, but its not drastically different, its some seats a spoiler and a set of dampers etc, its very very easy to retrofit the bits to a normal 182 cup, there isnt any shell difference or anything, just a few bolt on bits.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I'm amazed people still love Trendlines, They are the most average of average seats - they look good mind.

My point was it's an upgraded Cup. No climate, no xenons. Cloth bench. Etc.

Also, for a time at least, the seats were optional equipment in the regular 182.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Hmmm...based on the Cup, yes. Still, its not a Cup.

Im not sure what point you are trying to make mate? Its the trophy version of the cup? Whats to disagree with?

Just like a cup is the cup version of the 182.

Are you going to say a cup isnt a 182 and a trophy isnt a 182 either then or something weird like that?

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Ye but the trophy has a plaque! ;)

And door sill protectors

Passat
Im not sure what point you are trying to make mate? Its the trophy version of the cup? Whats to disagree with?

Just like a cup is the cup version of the 182.

Are you going to say a cup isnt a 182 and a trophy isnt a 182 either then or something weird like that?

You mentioned that when compared to Inferno and RB Cups the Trophy was actually the most common Cup. All I'm saying is that it isn't a Cup.

It may well be very close to a Cup - but lets face it a standard 172 is pretty damn similar to a Cup too.

If someone came on here saying they'd spotted a Cup and posted pictures of a Trophy I'm quite sure they would be quickly corrected.

Status
Not open for further replies.