ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is Trophy really much better than 182 FF with CUP packs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Money is something to compare them by certainly - IMO the trophy is not worth the premium over a FF182 for road use (which lets face it, is how most of these cars are used)

As such - I would say that it isn't much better

It's certainly no better on track either lol. Where most normal 182s will change to coilover and bucket seats anyway.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Money is something to compare them by certainly - IMO the trophy is not worth the premium over a FF182 for road use (which lets face it, is how most of these cars are used)

Really?

Decent Trophy = £4k
Decent 182 = £2.5k

Cost of coilovers, Recaro's & Turinis for normal 182 = £1.5k

182, plus modifications = same price as just buying a Trophy in the 1st place.

No I was in the Turbo when I went past you massively quickly, in the non turbo ph2 I still passed you but with less of a speed differential. ;)

Perhaps, although that one only had 160 odd bhp lol. I passed the Ph2 as well iirc, it was spinning off the track at the time.

Well - the recaros and turinis are purely an athestic thing. I for one think the standard sports seat and cup wheels look better.

(but I am biased :p)

Also - cup packed suspension is better for road use imo and I certainly won't be getting coilovers.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

But you are going to ignore it I assume in your "I have never been passed in a trophy, trophy's conquer all" rant, or make some excuse I assume?

although that one only had 160 odd bhp

Ah, there it is ;)

I passed the Ph2 as well iirc, it was spinning off the track at the time.
Is that the one that Ed got on video when Les had the rear brakes lock up on her going into the hairpin?

That wouldnt have happened on a cup (genuinely) as it was an ABS fault, lol.

Cup ftw ;)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
The OP doesnt say anything about buying anything...

You are correct, but its a safe assumption to make that he (or someone who finds the thread in the future, replies arent just for the OP after all) will be interested in doing so.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
So you were incorrect.

To assume that people were aware that Renault pay their staff?

I am with regards to your specific interpretation of my post if you can say that hand on heart you genuinely believed that all labour at renault was free I guess, although TBH I was pitching to the majority not the lowest common denominator anyway TBH mate ;)

Mini Cooper S sport
Fcuking hell Chip, if the universe ended tomorrow, the final thing to exist would be your last word.

Lionel Richie
standard cars, out the box, 172 cup will get round the track quicker than any of the others, will also be the quickest but most dangerous on the road too

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
About 4kgs at best so that's not even an issue, how overweight the driver is cancels that out!

unsprung weight makes more difference than sprung weight though, wheel weight is quite important (not that you will notice it driving to the shops etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.