ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is Trophy really much better than 182 FF with CUP packs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
You mentioned that when compared to Inferno and RB Cups the Trophy was actually the most common Cup. All I'm saying is that it isn't a Cup.

It may well be very close to a Cup - but lets face it a standard 172 is pretty damn similar to a Cup too.

If someone came on here saying they'd spotted a Cup and posted pictures of a Trophy I'm quite sure they would be quickly corrected.

My point was that 182 cups are just as rare as 182 trophys.

Even if you take both colour cups added together, there isnt much in it.

So Trophys really arent any rarer than "normal" 182 cups, so rarity always seems an odd reason for people to buy them.

Passat
My point was that 182 cups are just as rare as 182 trophys.

Even if you take both colour cups added together, there isnt much in it.

So Trophys really arent any rarer than "normal" 182 cups, so rarity always seems an odd reason for people to buy them.

Fair enough mate. Point taken

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Scuderia Sounds a lot better though, Maranello in Egham is 30 seconds from my work, hear them about all the time.

Yeah ive heard others say that too, although never driven a scud myself or been near one while it was flat out other than on a trackday in a noisey car and a helmet etc so not ideal time to tell.
Even the f430 sounds awesome though, one of the best things about driving it in fact.

RB 182 FF
It's a shame they didn't do the Trophy in a nicer colour!! I'm impressed with the review old Harry has of the Trophy, but I doubt in real life conditions on twisty roads the Trophy would be any better than a well sorted Cammed/mapped/tweaked 172/182...... I suppose the premium is paid to have a Plaque and a limited car, I can understand why people find that attractive I guess...

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Yeah ive heard others say that too, although never driven a scud myself or been near one while it was flat out other than on a trackday in a noisey car and a helmet etc so not ideal time to tell.
Even the f430 sounds awesome though, one of the best things about driving it in fact.

Agreed Ferrari is noise is Special, the Scuderia Office is 3 units down from me in Egham High Street, A guy from there always parks up the new 458 ourside to go to the Chicken Shop, such an Epic car and the noise is something I'd love to have behind me.

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Yeah but everyone has completely missed the point. Non of these cars is a 172 cup... and let's face it nothing else really matters.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yeah but everyone has completely missed the point. Non of these cars is a 172 cup... and let's face it nothing else really matters.

172 cup is the base model no aircon poverty spec 1.2 but with a bigger engine yeah?

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
172 cup is the base model no aircon poverty spec 1.2 but with a bigger engine yeah?

Yep, :p But if it doesn't have AC, you can't get confused with if it is climate or not. The only climate you can have is the window down and the outside climate!!!!

Yozza'd Titanium 182
For the life of me i cant understand why anyone would buy a cup....

I mean i now why they do... but for me personally its just silly

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
For the life of me i cant understand why anyone would buy a cup....

I mean i now why they do... but for me personally its just silly

Its cause "cup" makes it sound like its one of the race cars.

If it was called the "clio 172 value" which would be a more appropriate name for a specced down version, people would probably be less obsessed with them.

Marketing speak works well on stupid people! lol

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Its cause "cup" makes it sound like its one of the race cars.

If it was called the "clio 172 value" which would be a more appropriate name for a specced down version, people would probably be less obsessed with them.

Marketing speak works well on stupid people! lol

little bit harsh!

Tbf it was cheaper than the standard car when new. And weren't they a homologation? Or did I make that up?

Personally I do not like the look of the standard 172 so it had to be a cup for me. If I was buying now I think I would still buy a cup, they are my favourite, followed closely by a mint ph1 and trophy's.

FRS
3606561153f505799cae41763583414d_zps45e7ca8a.jpg

Hi!

M2 Comp
I sold my 182 FF to buy a Trophy. Not regretted it one bit!

If you can afford the premium it is worth every penny.

clio diesel
Metcalfe said to me that he stopped using his Trophy to commute to work because it was too harsh over the bumps.

Said it was fun to start with and then got tiresome.

Cup In bits
Lol at the slating of 172 cups in here, all clios have a use. When the track day bug hit the UK, Renault realised quickly what they could make and the cup was a car built to be a track car and are arguably the best of the range out of the box for that purpose hence everyone fitting Cup parts.

Revised shockers/springs, better geomatery, no aircon, no abs/better system, lighter to name a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.