ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Item identification!

182 trackday racer
Hi there!

A few things I would need help with.

Red arrow: What does that thing do? Its like a big weight, took it of when mounting the cams. Guess there is some thought behind it?!?!

Blue arrow: Is this the original oil pressure sensor? Anyone know what threds thats in the block? Thinking about a T-cross solution with extra oil pressure sensor.

Green arrow: Need some heat protection instead of that terrible standard thing. Something like Fred use on his nice Dynacup. But where can I buy it? http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/Fredmrsclio/DSC00003.jpg

Cheers!

Last edited:
  340i
You can remove the red arrow item... Its a lump of steel to absorb vibratons, basically does nothing!

The green arrrow... the product is call Nimbus heatshield, its exepensive though!

182 trackday racer
You can remove the red arrow item... Its a lump of steel to absorb vibratons, basically does nothing!

The green arrrow... the product is call Nimbus heatshield, its exepensive though!

Good just what I thought

Nah cant be Nimbus since it is hard and the one Fred use seems like the soft ones Ive seen, or?

By the time it comes on its probably too late, especially if you're at high RPM.

I run a T-Piece out of that hole on the front of the block, one output has the original oil pressure switch (as seen in your picture) and the other output I have fitted an oil pressure sender, which can drive a gauge inside the car to show you operating pressure :)

Ive got a picture somewhere, give me a few mins - Found It:

IMG_1742.jpg

182 trackday racer
I run a T-Piece out of that hole on the front of the block, one output has the original oil pressure switch (as seen in your picture) and the other output I have fitted an oil pressure sender, which can drive a gauge inside the car to show you operating pressure

Thanks. Do you by any chance know the size of the threads in the block?

Im not about to fit a guage since I wouldn't have time to look at it on track anyway. Thinking about a very brite LED and calibrating it to be on the sensitive side, maybe use a swith on/of and just put it on at track days when you are reving high anyway.

the sheet i used was terrible, didn't last very long, i use nimbus now

Okay then I know. Im not thinking about looks realy thinking about how good it would burn.... But maybe its not even worth the hazzle removing the stock item?

182 trackday racer
the sheet i used was terrible, didn't last very long, i use nimbus now

Ill go for the Nimbus lite heat shield. From what I measured I need a piece thats about 40x66cm at least if I want it to make the 90degree turn at the timing end that the stock item do.

Would be nice to see how your shield look like.

Pretty sure they were M14, I can check if you need confirmation though

Concerning the pressure sensor I dont know how to solve it. A hydralic pipe for the power steering goes right in front of the sensor on my car. So moving it out from the block is just not an option.

So at the moment it looks like it will have to wait. Have some plans of moving the battery. With that room free im thinking about a remote oilfilter adapter and putting the filter in the current location of the battery. Then it will be easy to fit extra sensors.