ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jailbreaking: A Guide... & Best Features.

Tesla MP3 2021
You guys running, 3.1.2 is your phone just jailbroken or is it unlocked as well?

Yeah 3.1.2. Just Jailbroken.

According to Dinozambas on Youtube there is no unlock for this yet so only AT&T and O2 users with genuine sims can do this.

E39 530i
Cheers C.J, I've jailbroken before but only on a mac and not using any of the ra1n products, and that was a good few firmware ago.

Backing up my iphone on my mac then performing the jailbreak on my windows pc, then restoring all data and apps from my mac shouldn't miss this up should it. (Cant see why it would)

All I did was backup on iTunes, then ran the BlackRa1n. It doesn't remove anything from your phone, so you won't need to restore anything (apps etc) after you've finished BlackRa1n.

E39 530i
Really??! You sure?! all the other jailbreaks I perform you've had to backup jailbreak then restore your data back to the iphone, but then again I've never used the ra1n products like I said.

It will be good to be back in the JB world.

Cupra
At least with dev team you can keep the unlock. If nothing else, it makes the phone more valuable come resale time.

At least with dev team you can keep the unlock. If nothing else, it makes the phone more valuable come resale time.

Mine was out the box on 3.1, then up to 3.1.2, then BlackRa1n'd it.

Can I now use Dev's? Although, I don't see the point in changing now.

Datsun
I was running 3.1.2 on a 3G.

I followed the instructions from the OP exactly - ie downloaded the 3.0 ISPW, ran Redsnow, chose the IPSW, it spent ages installing, phone rebooted itself but now it's no different - no sign of Cydia.

Anyone got any ideas what I've done wrong?

Cheers!

1998 BMW e46 323i
I'm on 3.0. Need the unlock cos I'm on Vodafone contract, I'm guessing now as long as I use a new custom fw I can retain my unlock? Is it worth the bother?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Yeah you'll be running the latest version.

So its worthwhile.

A custom 3.1.2 IPSW is very handy indeed.

Looks like Jailbreaking is no more for 'New' iPhones:

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=5560

Apple is now shipping the iPhone 3GS with a new Bootrom that is not vulnerable to the 24kpwn exploit.

The iBoot-359.3.2 started to ship last week. A screenshot posted by Mathieulh shows the new version number.

MuscleNerd from the iPhone Dev-Team has confirmed that the loss of the 24kpwn exploit would mean a normal jailbreak would be impossible for the time being.

oh oh, from what @cpich3g + @Mathieulh have found so far, a normal untethered JB may be in jeopardy in brand new 3GS units

For the time being we would suggest locating old stock or refurbished units. Hopefully, the dev teams will be able to find another exploit for the new bootrom.

Cupra
  Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
right iv just tried this and i somehow managed to wipe all my contact/messages/pics the lot :(

lucky i could restore to 3.1.2 and goteverything back :)

Got the Redsnow 0.8 and iPhone2,1_3.0_7A341_Restore

Can i simply just instal both of them? and it should be jailbroken..?

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
well my phone has only been updated once, as iv only had it, so i cant really make a back up no?

iv followed christopher's instruction and downloaded both Redsnow and 3.0restore, but i cant do it if im on 3.1.2 right :S

im new to this stuff lol,

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Done it, it installed then the screen whent black for like 5minutes and nothing,

pressed the power button for like a couple of seconds and it came back to how it was before :S

am i missing something here ? :S

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Ye iv done it now C.J, i saw that Lou had done it to her 3gs so i she explained :)

think christopher's post should be Updated incase other people tend to use it and Fail like i did lol,

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Found 1 problem so far:

The erase button doesnt work, so i have to press X on the search everytime to start re-typing, :(

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
I don't seem to have that problem

I am finding the phone is dropping in and out of service though :(

The erase is fine with txts etc just when Searching in Cydia,

Yup if noticed that aswell, as work i get a reasonable 2bars maybe 3 if im lucky but i have to keep it in the same place tho, but today it was goin no service alot but iv managed to keep 2bars on now tho :S

^ That's strange, I get 4-5 bars all the time (Even though when I took the contract out was told coverage was poor)

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Is it worth upping to 3.1.2 and then re-jailbreaking?

I'm on 3.0 with redsn0w jailbreak. I've downloaded and installed a few Apps and also got a few themes and random stuff for Winterboard. Will I lose them all by doing a new upgrade then jailbreak?

What does 3.1.2 do, exactly?

Scirocco GT 2.0
The erase is fine with txts etc just when Searching in Cydia,

Yup if noticed that aswell, as work i get a reasonable 2bars maybe 3 if im lucky but i have to keep it in the same place tho, but today it was goin no service alot but iv managed to keep 2bars on now tho :S

Seems to be ok now, I think it just threw a wobbla this morning.

Just tried to do this to my 3G; got to the stage of doing the button sequence.

Red snow is saying

"Please wait while your device is being jailbroken

Waiting for reboot"

With a loading bar below, but nothing registering on the loading bar after 10 minutes.

What do I do now?

(I think i might be on my last post of the day so I'll PM if i've ran out of posts)

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
i have no idea fella,

try and put the power off, and restore it back, then re-try, some people have had to do the jailbreak a couple of times to work