ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jailbreaking: A Guide... & Best Features.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Ye, loads of people have jailbreak their 2g 3g & 3gs

its worth to read the whole thread to, and watch some youtube vids just so you kno how to do it :)

Fiat Panda 100hp
I've just jailbroke my 3GS using Blackra1n on my Mac, wow it's so simple, literally press a button and it's done.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
If you have a mac, you didn't need to use Blackrain.

Sure its simple, but there have been reports of issues.

Audi TT 3.2 V6
I cant get my iPhone 3g on 3.1.2 to jailbreak with blackra1n no matter how many youtube guides i follow with different tips n tricks listed.

Think ill wait for a more reliable release from the devteam if ever they get one figured out. Im missing my jailbroken phone. Its so much more restrictive as standard

I've got to the point where I'm thinking about jailbreaking.

Now I had a 2G and jailbroke that, literally the week it came out in the US, so it's been a while.

I've got a 3GS, with 3.1 firmare. Can I go ahead? Or do I wait until I return this as it's got the dreaded broken case.

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Russ, I think with the 3G iPhone u just need to keep trying with Blackra1n.

Ive been trying all day Lou, no luck so far :( Damn thing just keeps sitting there with the usb and itunes logo on screen.

V.frustrating

Lou

Ive been trying all day Lou, no luck so far :( Damn thing just keeps sitting there with the usb and itunes logo on screen.

V.frustrating

Have you tried opening Blackra1n then attaching your iPhone to USB? Or using a different USB port?

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Not yet. Ill give it ago on the gf's laptop later in the week and see if it works then. Im just trying again now. Im even restoring the iphone to factory settings then trying to jailbreak. Its becoming so tedious now. lol

Tesla MP3 2021
Trying to jailbreak the 3G using Blackra1n is a nightmare. I tried over 30 times for my mate and it just wasn't having it, loads of people around the net are having the same problem. Hurry up dev team otherwise I will have to do it on my Mac for him when I get it :).

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
done as stated in the OP.

Seems to be taking forever ot ''download jailbreak data'' on the iphone... is this normal?

E39 530i
When you lot say its not working, do you mean its not bring up the recovery logo of that dudes face? If yes, then make sure you don't have any apple services running in tasks manager. Stop and start Apple mobile service in services and try again.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I cant get my iPhone 3g on 3.1.2 to jailbreak with blackra1n no matter how many youtube guides i follow with different tips n tricks listed.

Had a lot of problems doing my mates 3g on 3.1.2. Followed this guide with this comment quoted from page 2 of the comments. And it worked first time. We also killed any itunes/apple services running in task manager first too and think he moved the blackra1n.exe file to the C drive, ie. in no folder.

If this still doesn't work, I'll try to get more info this week.

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/comments.php?page=2&enid=5527#commentsanchor

THIS WORKED FOR ME(3g). TURN OFF YOUR IPHONE CONNECTED TO YOUR SYSTEM. OPEN BLACKR1AN.EXE (DO NOT CLICK MAKE IT RAIN YET!!) HOLD POWER AND HOME UNTIL YOU GET TO THE RECOVERY SCREEN HIT MAKE IT RAIN. IT SHOULD BE INSTANT SOON AS YOU SEE RUNNING.

Go cry to your momma!
When are we going to get a windows jailbreak and unlock for 3.1.2 :(

Already jailbroken at 3.0..come on Dev Team!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Is it worth upping to 3.1.2 and then re-jailbreaking?

I'm on 3.0 with redsn0w jailbreak. I've downloaded and installed a few Apps and also got a few themes and random stuff for Winterboard. Will I lose them all by doing a new upgrade then jailbreak?

What does 3.1.2 do, exactly?

Tesla MP3 2021
Blackra1n RC3 is out which includes BlackSn0w so 3.1.2 can be unlocked.

It’s official, BlackSn0w is out and available for download. BlackSn0w is not a standalone app. BlackSn0w is part of Blackra1n RC3.

People who accidentally locked their iPhone on baseband 05.11.07 will now be able to unlock their iPhone using BlackSn0w.

This step by step guide and tutorial will show you how to unlock your iPhone OS 3.1.2 baseband 05.11.07 with BlackSn0w.

If you just want to jailbreak your iPhone and are not interested in unlocking, refer to my BlackRa1n RC3 tutorial.

This BlackSn0w iPhone unlock tutorial will work on both Mac and PC.

http://www.iphonedownloadblog.com/

Citroen DS3 White
Has anyone tried this yet?

I dont need the unlock but I am tempted to to Jailbreak for the first time.

What's the deal with the Tethered jailbreak and not letting your battery go flat??

Citroen DS3 White
Has anyone tried this yet?

I dont need the unlock but I am tempted to to Jailbreak for the first time.

What's the deal with the Tethered jailbreak and not letting your battery go flat??

Tried Blackra1n RC3 last night, twice, didnt work. Either I or the program are stupid.

Monaco 53/468
Pretty simple, just take your time and do things exactly how described by the Dev Team, don't think it will work on 3GS - yet

I used blackrain last night and it did it all its self (jailbroke phone i think unless blackrain is for phone unloack-i'm confused) after i downloaded it and started the software off.

I can now put my orange contract sim in what was an o2 phone.

Only thing is the blackrain woman comes up when i switch it on and it takes forever to start up/switch one and sometimes it doesn't.

Also i sometimes comes up with a picture that shows itunes icon on top and a picture of the usb end of the iphone to computer cable at bottom and won't move of of it.

As result the phone won't start up ?

what have i done ?

I had to restore through i tunes and it tok ages :(

P.s I used Blackrain then downloaded Cydia and Snow

Any help is appreciated :)