ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jailbreaking: A Guide... & Best Features.

Cupra
Another useful tool for the PC for your jailbroken phone is iFunbox.

It allows you to browse through (and modify) the entire file structure via USB cable, as well as having a simple drag and drop interface for wallpapers, ringtones, your music and you can also use your phone as a mass storage device.

a burnt one
Flashlight - turns your screen on extra bright, better than the app store alternatives.

Miwi - turn your phone into a wifi hotspot. Also enables tethering.

Whats the deal with this? it asks for me to open an account with them and it doesn't seem like the app is free, also say's it's just a 10 day trial and i may be charged for tethereing (whatever the f**k that is)

Cupra
MiWi? It is a paid app in cydia. Some providers can see if you have been tethering your phone, but I presume that it is only if you are downloading loads or something.

Cupra
Tethering is using your phone as a modem for a computer. I'd say that they wouldn't notice, but don't hold me to it.

Cupra
There is a RC2 of blackrain somewhere. It was developed by somebody other than geohot, and fixes some of the wireless issues that blackrain had.

Isn't there a redsn0w for 3.1.2? I'd rather use something from the devteam ideally.

Cupra
If your phone was made after OCT last year, then probably. The next release should be untethered, but it's anybodies guess when that comes out. 4.0?

Iceberg Ph1
My vote is Blackra1n.. it took less then 2 mins.. Youtube it and there is UNTOLD how-to's..

As to the newer untethered version I read rumour of end of April.. But its only a rumour!

Rolls Royce
I installed the Mac OS X Mobile (KRS) theme last night, looks awesome and runs just like a max itself, thats 5 hours of my life i'll never get back though!

AK

M240i
How does it work if I JB? Will I loose all my apps I've got at the moment or do I back-up, JB then restore and it'll still be JB ?

Golf GTD
Going to try this tonight, finally should have an unteathered 3GS!

Am I correct in thinking I don't need to worry about having a newer bootrom? (I think thats what its called)

1998 BMW e46 323i
I wish I'd copied my blobs or whatever they call them, then I'd JB to this like a shot, but I'm stuck on 3.1.2 JB'd tethered, and if I restore to 3.1.3 I'm presuming I'll lose my unlock...

Vodafone won't unlock the 3gs for me just now.

AK

M240i
Cool :).

Will do it tomorrow.

Is it easy to sort themes out etc? Are there themes already loaded or do you need to make them all yourself?

AK

M240i
chris182cup said:
Sorry but can you jb 3.1.3 it would need to be through windows unless anyone AK has a mac that could do it

According to the websites you can use the spirit JB on mac and windows.

Fabia vrs tdi
Is it worth the bother jb my iPhone, just bought my gf a 2nd hand iPhone 3g that's already unlocked and jb it should arrive by Friday

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
I did it on my Pc using windows 7. Ran the prog in windows 98 compatability mode and no problems at all.

If you hav Rock, you can make a backup of all your jailbreak apps so you dont have to remember what to download next time

Fabia vrs tdi
This iPhone I bought my gf, it's jb how easy is it to take the jb off? Do u just update tge software through iTunes ?

Fabia vrs tdi
Jb my 3.1.3 with spirit, advised to back up my shsh blog which I have still to do.

Only worked out a few things but still unsure what all the fuss is about, I do like being able to minimize apps and changing lock screen

AK

M240i
JB my phone.. But i've lost all my pictures :( I restored it bit they're all still gone.. Have I lost them for good?