ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jailbreaking: A Guide... & Best Features.

Same here. Cydia doesn't load and usually gives me a '502 Bad Gateway' error, multiple sources not loading.

Tried multiple times, connecting to both 3G and WiFi. Tried rebooting Cydia a few times, then the phone. It's no big deal really, I wouldn't be surprised if it's due to their servers getting absolutely hammered.

BG 182
Mines in safe mode and will not restart after installing Cydia. I've got all the same error messages as previously mention by a few others. Will restore wen I get home and try cydia later tho. Can't wait for sbsettings, mywi and bitesms to name a few!

Golf GTD
Those that use MyWi could I use it for this scenario..

I have a computer with no Wireless adapter but a USB connection to my iPhone and MyWi installed. Connected to a WiFi network can I get internet access through the WiFi network over USB?

57 Clio Campus Sport
What are the benefits of jailbreaking now? The only reason I can see if free apps, but does that even work still?

I've tried a few old sources / apps and they've failed.

After a couple of tries and resprings, they work.

Other than that, seems normal.

Last edited by a moderator:
  BG 182
after installing cydia i have added steffwizz and all sources, then added *DO NOT POST ILLEGAL SOURCES* as a source but its gone it to safe mode everytime after about an hour and will not come out of it, resulting in retore of the phone and back to square 1. does anyone know why, is it any of the mentioned sources?

i get error cached failure on cydia when starting it up??

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
thankfully jailbreaking doesnt seem to have slowed down my iPhone 4. Only using 5 icon dock, sbsettings and BiteSMS at the moment though. Debating winterboard so that I can use custom sms tones again

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I'd leave Winterboard alone for the time being.

I tried a few things last night and it didn't like it.

thankfully jailbreaking doesnt seem to have slowed down my iPhone 4. Only using 5 icon dock, sbsettings and BiteSMS at the moment though. Debating winterboard so that I can use custom sms tones again

I changed my sms tone without winterboard, just used openssh to explore my phone and inject it. Used itunes to convert the .mp3 to .aiff then to .caf.

DC5
I am new to the Jailbreak scene. Never even looked in to it on my 3gs. But a work colleague has just done his IP4 using the JailBreakMe, so got him to do mine at the same time. Went via the website, which then put Cydia on to the phone.

I'd leave Winterboard alone for the time being.

I tried a few things last night and it didn't like it.

Yeah, Winterboard wasn't working too well for me either so I deleted it as just having it on the phone got rid of the shadows on the App icons.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I restored mine to factory today.

There's very little point in jailbreaking the iPhone 4, for me.

I might go back once it's more stable, but I'm happy with the phone, as it is. Awesome already.

Tesla MP3 2021
I restored mine to factory today.

There's very little point in jailbreaking the iPhone 4, for me.

I might go back once it's more stable, but I'm happy with the phone, as it is. Awesome already.

Thats what I thought, so I never bothered to even entertain this jailbreak.

The only real thing I want is MyWi.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
put on bite, sbsettings, 5 icon dock and the other thing, not had any issues ..so far...

also was told to put on the cydia pdf warner to block the exploit the jailbreak took advantage of.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Found a website called Jailbreakme.com, is it safe? You just go on it on your phone and it gives you the option to jailbreak.

I'm new to this whole process so if anyone could give me any info I would be very grateful. Cheers.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Read through, seems a few people used it, but can't see how people got on. Like I said I'm fecking clueless tbh, just want to JB for a the apps etc, any ideas as to what I should use?

AK

M240i
Is it an iPhone 4 or 3GS?

Jailbreakme is the only way atm to JB 4's and 3GS's with the latest 4.0.1.

I used it but removed it later as winterboard was still a bit dodgy, for apps it worked fine tho.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
It's only a 3G but running the latest software from apple, whatever that is. TBH im pretty clueless to the phone itself I just plug it in and it does what ever it does lol, but if jailbreakme is fine I might try that!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Jailbreakme is fine. Comex knows his sh*t, so it's pretty nifty.

A carrier unlock is now available for the iPhone 4, too. An upgrade of Ultrasn0w.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
downloaded Jailbreakme and now looking through cydia but I'm still clueless. Anybody know of any guides on how to change background, the menu grid so you have more on one page?

Cheers for any help!