ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jekyll's RB182 Progress Thread

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah im glad i went with that colour to be honest. At first i wasnt sure but thought, sod it, ill fit it and see. Now i really like it so its staying. Even the missus approved! She wasnt keen on the black one.

I have some Nissan techno grey at work which is more a colour match to the sunstrip so i may do the bullets that colour instead.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah go for it. all changeable if you dont like it.
Ive just put a cup spoiler on mine.
20161115_121429.jpg

😂 that video was brilliant, someone seriously had that wheel on your old car before you got it!? Never seen anything like it, so dangerous 🙈
No worries about going cheap however, have put in an order for a smart looking 330mm Sparco wheel with black suede and centre horn push (so I can have a 4 button bracket) and went for the Momo boss on your recommendation. Will see what that all looks like when it turns up!

Anyway, big apologies for diverting your thread with all that mate.............. back to your car;

WHEEL CENTRES = :cool:
CLOCKS = :smiley::smiley:

Enough said :up:

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Actually i bought that wheel. I had a Sabelt, but sold it to accumulate some money back for other things. Bought a OMP one but couldn't gel with that. Sold that and bought this one which was advertised in a known magazine (cant remember the name now) and was new. Not good. I wished id have emailed the company because that was dangerous! Got a momo one in the end, as seen in the video!

I do cring whenever i watch it, but now i use it to show people not to buy cheap steering wheels or fakes as they are not worth it! Plus it gives a few laughs!

This is good news Steve! Once you go smaller, you wont want to go back to the bus sized wheel! Plus you can remain cruise control/speed limiter with the new bracket. And less buttons too :wink:

Sorry to have swayed you to spend money!! Dont apologise about swaying off topic in here buddy. I have interests in all projects, even if we talk about them in here. No hate from me :smile:

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Pure motorsport 5mm rear wheel spacers came today. Only ordered them yesterday so great service there :smile:

2016-11-16_05-26-48.jpg

Fitted them tonight. The hub caps are now equal both front and rear, and so are the studs regarding the same amount of thread showing. Result!

2016-11-16_06-52-09.jpg
2016-11-16_06-52-18.jpg
2016-11-16_06-52-24.jpg
2016-11-16_06-52-38.jpg

Its as far as i can go spacing wise on the rear bit best of all it doesnt rub. All round good purchase!

2016-11-16_06-52-46.jpg
2016-11-16_06-52-54.jpg
20161116_185349.jpg
20161116_185436.jpg

Excuse the dirty RB, its been shite weather and its been used everyday due to being a daily, but i cant be arsed to clean it yet!

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Off topic, but spacer related, what did you run on your ph1? Are you just running 5mm on the back of the RB? What are you running on the front of the RB? Thank you in advance :smile:

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Up close its filthy!

Spacers wise is this:

RB front: Hubcentric 16mm spacers
RB rear: 5mm rear wheel spacers
RB wheels: Speedline 2118s with ET38

Ph1 front: Bolt to hub hubcentric 20mm spacers.
Ph1 rear: 10mm hub spacers, no camber.
Ph1 wheels: F1s with ET43.

Actually i bought that wheel. I had a Sabelt, but sold it to accumulate some money back for other things. Bought a OMP one but couldn't gel with that. Sold that and bought this one which was advertised in a known magazine (cant remember the name now) and was new. Not good. I wished id have emailed the company because that was dangerous! Got a momo one in the end, as seen in the video!

I do cring whenever i watch it, but now i use it to show people not to buy cheap steering wheels or fakes as they are not worth it! Plus it gives a few laughs!

This is good news Steve! Once you go smaller, you wont want to go back to the bus sized wheel! Plus you can remain cruise control/speed limiter with the new bracket. And less buttons too :wink:

Sorry to have swayed you to spend money!! Dont apologise about swaying off topic in here buddy. I have interests in all projects, even if we talk about them in here. No hate from me :smile:

Haha thanks Mark and no need for an apology from you too, it's good to have a recommendation on these things like the Boss etc as I wouldn't know which to get, would probably have gone straight for a Sparco to match the wheel's manufacturer lol! But if Momo is better, worth the extra :up: Really looking forward to getting it all sorted as I've heard a few times now of the difference in a small wheel to the standard van wheel! Fingers crossed, look out for an update on mine soon!

RB 182 FF
I really really wish I could be arsed to do 1% of the stuff you do to your car..... Absolutely superb attention to detail, fair do's it's awesome!! If you ever run out of things to do on your RB you can have mine next and fill your boots.....:smile::up:

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Probably missed it somewhere but how low have you got the coilovers at the back? Still got the adjuster in?

When I finally get my arse into gear and sell my TD's, the F1's and standard 182 wheels I've got in my garage, I'm going with 2118's.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I really really wish I could be arsed to do 1% of the stuff you do to your car..... Absolutely superb attention to detail, fair do's it's awesome!! If you ever run out of things to do on your RB you can have mine next and fill your boots.....:smile::up:

Thank you mate! Thats a nice comment to read.

Haha, this one takes enough time as it is!

Serious want for this car to be honest.

Me too. [emoji4]

Thanks again chaps for the positive comments :) Genuinely means a lot.

Probably missed it somewhere but how low have you got the coilovers at the back? Still got the adjuster in?

When I finally get my arse into gear and sell my TD's, the F1's and standard 182 wheels I've got in my garage, I'm going with 2118's.

You know it makes sense! I hope i have contributed to sway you into getting some?

As for the rear, the adjusters are in but are wound all the way down (or up in this case as the platforms are above the rear springs)

Have looked at these, they look to be a good quality piece of kit! Did you run H&R front and rear?

No i ran just M.A.D. ones but Pure Motorsport do them and are better quality.

@Dr Jekyll im expecting a nice xmas bonus for you after that auction :smiley:

I wish i saw some of it mate but unfortunately i cant see it happening!

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
I need to get a pic of mine in daylight so you can see what dirty is! Trust me, it shows it if it's bad enough!

Eta, this is from March, it's much much worse ATM

CD8F8427-A541-4A0A-B6EF-0664BA91EC58_zpsnq7zmduo.jpg
Got to love a dirty car, especially this time of year :smile:

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
You know it makes sense! I hope i have contributed to sway you into getting some?

As for the rear, the adjusters are in but are wound all the way down (or up in this case as the platforms are above the rear springs)

Definitely. I really wanted F1's for ages and bought some about a year ago and all they've done is sit in the garage collecting dust. Silver 2118's are the way to go. Just need to decide whether to buy new or get a used set refurbed.

I've currently got my adjusters out as it still sat a little high with them in although I get scrubbing everytime I go over a bump now, especially with someone in the passenger seat.