ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

JMS 182 Racecar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a new branding scheme in mind, but all that will be later, it needs to be able to move around under it's own steam first!

Brian - Wednesday.

Popped over to see Mike (not the grinder wheeling car breaker Mike) at lunch time to progress with the cage fitment.

He specalises in entire chassis builts for sillhouette racers and hot rods, only a young chap/one man band but extremely talented. Makes a lot of lovely exhaust manifold systems for all types of race engines.

Small workshop but exquisite workmanship:

72.jpg

73.jpg

74.jpg

75.jpg

76.jpg

78.jpg

Anyway, pretty bits aside: The skeleton of the cage is all in spotted in place, the rear 'caged' bolt in unit has also been welded in to the reinforcement points with the front section desgined off it. The caged unit is designed to clear the internal headlining/plastics etc, so as a result does sit a little further away from the bare shell than Mike would have preferred.

Sections such as the door X beams will have box sections in either horizontal angle, and stiffening gussets are going to be run down the A pillars.

80.jpg

Sorted out the dash bar for the mk1 dash fitment.

81.jpg

82.jpg

83.jpg

Due to be collected on Thursday (ish), but I'm not 100% if I can collect due to work comittments.

Once the engine is back in etc Mike will also be building the car a new exhaust system.

Last edited:

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
the cage looks awesome, as for the dash fitment also, i haven't addressed that yet...lol
i also just spoke to tony regarding the rear window....lol (said you called earlier)

the cage looks awesome, as for the dash fitment also, i haven't addressed that yet...lol
i also just spoke to tony regarding the rear window....lol (said you called earlier)

Yah, going to speak to him again on Thursday. You shouldn't have a problem with your cage/dash as it drops short of the dash?

Sorry, I'm ordering my windows etc on Thursday.

While I was over there today I also measured up the radiator:

84.jpg

The plastic outer fittings prevent it from dropping down onto the subframe, but to give you some idea it measure 3-4 inches shorter in height and is nice and wide. I'm going to replace the plastic housings on either end with a nice slime-line alloy enclosure.

Master cylinder and brakes lines 2nd test fit; plonked the fluid reservoir on top to check clearances.

85.jpg

No, you cross them over, so one front and one rear goes the rear calipers, the remaining front and remaining rear goes to the front calipers. I'll pop a drawing up asap. It's great fun moving between the thread types *rollseyes*

TrackCar & F30 330d
No, you cross them over, so one front and one rear goes the rear calipers, the remaining front and remaining rear goes to the front calipers. I'll pop a drawing up asap. It's great fun moving between the thread types *rollseyes*

Oh i see, thanks for that info.

I'm one fixing short which is a right pain, its the slightly bigger bit that i'm short :(

Oh and get a bucket and sponge on that shell, its filthy!!! ;)

It's wide, but not tall. Not a huge increase in surface area of stock.

Yes, the plastic outer casing are off and it is going to have a alloy box section with a take off either end.

Golf GTD Mk7
lol

But we raced at Silverstone with the fan back in the pits as it fell off !,never looked like over heating,don't forget we are not driving through town at 3mph sat in traffic.

True, but the fans more of a "while stood still" thing no? Air forcing through the rad is sufficient during driving? Do they let you do cool down laps in race series?

Image is deceiving.

Stock rad core: 16" x 20" =320 sq"
New rad core: 13"x 26" = 338 sq"

= 5.6% increase in total surface area. I'll examine the core in more detail when I collect the car.

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
You don't like making things easy for yourself do ya...

With all the extra you have spent on trinkets you won't feel the benefit from it prob would have paid for a years worth of race entries!!

Status
Not open for further replies.