ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

JMS 182 Racecar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Lionel Richie
undo a 13mm nut and adjust it, surprised no one apart from me noticed that before LOL

there was tom rambling on about having to make parts and spend hours designing bits to moddify the gear linkage, he sat in the dynacup and simply went "ooh"

For all those 'hatin the transit rad: (ignore the huge bit of loose nimbus shield.)

109.jpg

106.jpg

Hung the fan on the back for an approximate location:

108.jpg

Stayed late tonight and plumbed in all of the remaining brake lines.

Rears:

110.jpg

112.jpg

Tidied up > home time!

TrackCar & F30 330d
Sorry if I've allready asked but what filter set up are you going to run in the jenveys? I'm using a 50m CF dished backing plate and a pipercross c604d filter. You will have issues fitting a similar one with your rad size!

- Can/Serial adapter

What are you using a CAN to Serial adaptor for?

If the Dash 2 supports CAN, just use a straight CAN connection between the EC1 and the dash. It gives you far more scope for expandability in the future, and less wiring.

The DASH2 output is serial on conn 2, you then run a connector from the serial output to the ECU which also doubles as a terminator. It's not a big deal really as the wiring is nice and tidy, but I can see what you are suggesting :)

Sorry if I've allready asked but what filter set up are you going to run in the jenveys? I'm using a 50m CF dished backing plate and a pipercross c604d filter. You will have issues fitting a similar one with your rad size!

It will be fine. Firstly the rad will be a lot lower than the image shows once it's fitted.

Filtration wise I am making my own filter backing flat with carbon bell mouths and an ITG filter element. The inards will look similar to the bell mouths/backing plate used in the RS2 (top of image):

final3.jpg

After all the customer cars had made their way home I wheeled the car outside for some grinder action as James gets a girly fit on due to the mess it makes (pfftt ;))

The main aim was to clean up the interior and remove the stock seat rails / plate in the drivers side footwell. 3mm steel and a lot of spot welds.

113.jpg

114.jpg

Also marked up the various holes to be filled.

115.jpg

And another nice shot of the cage with the roof bars:

117.jpg

TrackCar & F30 330d
Looking good!

Grind the long metal strip that runs infront of the seat. Then when you move your feet it won't catch your boots. Wish I had done mine before getting the inside painted

27/04/11

Small update, no real work done to the car as simple lack of time.

Subframe/wishbones cleaned up:

118.jpg

Stiffening plates & bearings for wishbones:

119.jpg

120.jpg

Package from Mr Faulks.

121.jpg

Flywheel.

122.jpg

A bloody great box...... with a heated windscreen & loom + plastic windows all round inside.

123.jpg

Vapour blasted (glass bead suspended in water) the rocker cover and breather plate. Seals the material unlike conventional blasting meaning it is wipe clean, will leave it in the virgin ali silver I think.

124.jpg

Gearbox & cams are imminent, so once they are here I'll book a weekend alone in the workshop and crack on.

More to come when I have a moment.:approve:

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
forgot about the screen god dam it.....
looks like good progress mate

lol at peoples projects where they are just taking photos of boxes that turn up....

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
First trackday 'testing' session is in 4 weeks time.

Nick, Mike & I have a £60 bet that says it wont be ready ;)

I'd love to be proven wrong though, purely so that Ollie stops moaning.

Last edited:
  Saab 93 Aero Wagon
First trackday 'testing' session is in 4 weeks time.

Nick, Mike & I have a £60 bet that says it wont be ready ;)

I'd love to be proven wrong though, purely so that Ollie stops moaning.

I don't moan.....I constructively whinge.

Your bet has now pretty much guaranteed that it'll be finished.....or at least ready to shakedown. Can you ever imagine that Tom would let £60 go wanting? Or pay up for that matter.....;)

Don't worry Jay. You'll see us before you 'retire'. :)

TrackCar & F30 330d
Pure Motorsport sell lots of bits like that. ^

There can't be much more to do on the car is there! Looms are getting built for you so that the hardest bit. A few late nights/ alldayers and it'll be finished!

GW200 FF
i think they may have been jesting..

edit - nice thread btw - i'd love to have the time, money, space, tools and know how to do somethig like this. Dont know whats stopping me really..

Status
Not open for further replies.