ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

JMS 182 Racecar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Si

RS Clio 172
Si, those who want proper gear I suspect.

I wasn't referring to his involvement with your project. More his involvement with TDF, Track-Group and now race-technology too!

Know what you mean though. That stuff goes right over my head.

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
tom am i right in thinking you wont need too many sensors to work with the dash as the rs232 loom supplied by Racetech interfaces direct with the ec1 displaying pretty much everything you need except fuel pressure / oil pressure. Im guessing you will need a wheel sensor too as the stock sensor cant be used.

this is what im on about...
ECUInt.jpg

you going for the dash2? ive been thinking about it for a while

Yes all it needs is a can to serial adapter. The TDF F4R loom does not include the oil based sensors I want, so the simplest way to achieve that data set is to use the RT stuff. Not a problem.

Golf GTD Mk7
Are you changing final drive Tom? Can't remember is quaiffe give the option of a different crown. Are you doing the box work?

The diff uses the stock crown wheel which will be machined to fit. The box rebuild will be done by Agency, as per all of our transmission work.

Going to leave the final drive as it is.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Had a sit in the seat earlier in the week and for the first time ever I have found a seat that I am too wide for - I think buying the kiddies version might have been a bit of a risk:

67.jpg

Oh is this the same seat we have already established is waaaay to small for me...;)

PMSL. Tom- the best overengineer on the planet. x

The most infuriating. This car will get to a point where you won't be able to open a door unless you press your thumb to the finger print scanner....

I also questioned this, considered the possibility of extending the internal scavenge point. I am due to speak with him tomorrow ref this and a couple of other details.

If Paul says it's fine then trust him but I'd still be nervous. The issue we saw on the Evo was oil climbing past the windage trays and getting onto the crank in volume which caused "interesting" things to occur. With anything like this you have to trust the designer though as afterall they're the ones who should be able to make a call on it ;)

Yes all it needs is a can to serial adapter. The TDF F4R loom does not include the oil based sensors I want, so the simplest way to achieve that data set is to use the RT stuff. Not a problem.

Why not just buy a dash with CAN on it and use CAN between the ECU and dash? Much easier to configure and far better for expandability in the future.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Thats where experience counts right??

Thats where we will be lacking obviously but to be honest, and i think Tony and Tom will agree, we can't wait to be out there just for the enjoyment factor alone.

We will be two seasons worth of experience behind Tony and Jay in this series alone.....let alone the years of experience Tony has. And anyway, Tom needs to learn how to start a race without going from our grid position to stone last by the end of the first lap (thats if we don't qually stone last anyway...;)) and i need to learn that you can't bump in a racecar like I do in a go kart....not without incurring large costs and bollockings.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
All i want from you Tony (apart from to teach me how to do drive properly of course) is to hand me a beer at the end of the weekend and tell us we've done really well....even when we've done s**t.

330i. E30 Touring.
I can't wait until you two race together.

With my three sheds full of Ph1 and 182 parts, I'm going to be heading up the Forbes Richlist. xx

182cup & 172 racecar
All i want from you Tony (apart from to teach me how to do drive properly of course) is to hand me a beer at the end of the weekend and tell us we've done really well....even when we've done s**t.
Anything for you Ollie,you know that.

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
and i need to learn that you can't bump in a racecar like I do in a go kart....not without incurring large costs and bollockings.

Personally I think Karting teaches you to race much harder but also you get a 6th sense on where other karters are around you. Not moved to real cars to find out if that is transferable but I have hopes for myself. Sadly my car has no way of being eligible for the tin tops series to join you as we got too eager with the anglegrinder.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Damage is frowned apon,these people are racing with their hard earned cash,not some highly sponsored wannabe's.

This is my point. Need a delicate mix of that trackday caution and respect with the karting 'show them a nose' technique....minus the contact. ;)

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Damage is frowned apon,these people are racing with their hard earned cash,not some highly sponsored wannabe's.

Not like Days of Thunder then :dapprove:

I was just about to get all Harry Hogge ...

'he didn't slam you, he didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you... he *rubbed* you. And rubbin, son, is racin'.

FailSport have a spare shell you can have Ollie, be reet.

Status
Not open for further replies.